October 18, 200520 yr Here's My Top 10: 1. Jeremy Hermida RF 2. Scott Olsen SP 3. Chris Volstad SP 4. Sean West SP 5. Chris Resop RP 6. Josh Johnson SP 7. Gaby Sanchez 3B 8. Aaron Thompson SP 9. Josh Willingham C/1B/OF 10. Robert Andino SS players to watch in 2006: Jose Garcia SP Jeff Allison SP Brad McCann 3B J.T. Restko 1B Players that need to rebound after a tough 2005: Taylor Tankersley Eric Reed Jason Stokes (don't count on it) Logan Kensing (although most of his proplems were due to injuries)
October 18, 200520 yr ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best. Did a few hits when he came up spark this following? A future journeyman at best? :blink: Considering Jeremy is considered one of the best prospects in all of baseball and will most likely be among the league leaders in OBP for years to come. The perfect #2 hitter for any team. Here's a tip to save you from future embarrassment. You can be a great hitter without hitting 40 HRs. Jeremy is already a great hitter and will probably be the 3rd best hitter on the field for us opening day next year.
October 18, 200520 yr ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best. Did a few hits when he came up spark this following? You're joking, right? He was the premier left-handed hitter in the '02 draft, and he's considered the best pure hitter to come out of high-school since Eric Chavez. He lead the minors in walks, providing both wear to the opposing pitcher and patience in the lineup (something we're sorely lacking outside of Castillo). He's a future all-star, not a journey man. Here's my 2006 top 10: 1) Hermida 2) Olsen 3) Volstad 4) Johnson 5) Willingham 6) Andino 7) Sanchez 8) Resop 9) West 10) Abercrombie Could be in '07: Thompson Marceaux Allison McCann.
October 18, 200520 yr Wasn't Bazardo traded for Villone? That was a waste. Hopefully Villone will turn it around next year.
October 18, 200520 yr I'll give it a shot at a Top 10, well 12 1. Hermida 2. Vargas 3. Olsen 4. Andino 5. Tie-Johnson & Resop 6. Volstad 7. West 8. Restko 9. Mildren 10 Tie Abercrombie & Fitch, Just Kidding I mean McCann
October 19, 200520 yr And Hermida is a better all around ball player than Miguel. 5 tools. And don't say I jumped on his bandwagon cause he hit the grand slam either, because I have been a fan of his since he was drafted. I am one that thinks Hermida is gonna be a really solid player for us in the future, but dont be stupid... a better all round ball player can mean a lot of things, but come on... COME ON miguel is a super star, and if he gets a chance to play at 3B, he just might win a few gold gloves before his career is over, and that would make him a MUCH better all round player, so he cant run well. fine, but because Hermida has five tools dont be so quick to call him a better all round player. cause frankly i'd rather have a guy really really really good at four than just OK at five.
October 19, 200520 yr Author I have only been on board for a short time but the latest post is the best statement I have read yet...Let Hermida be Hermida first and foremost.....remember he is only a kid....21 yrs old...he will post his numbers and they are what they are.....some succeed and some fail...it's a great game.....like being in the jungle...only the best survive.....
October 20, 200520 yr Dude I HATED that trade WTF were the Marlibns thinking and this isnt hinesight check my posts I hated that trade from the start
October 20, 200520 yr I'll give it a shot at a Top 10, well 12 1. Hermida 2. Vargas 3. Olsen 4. Andino 5. Tie-Johnson & Resop 6. Volstad 7. West 8. Restko 9. Mildren 10 Tie Abercrombie & Fitch, Just Kidding I mean McCann There's my Baby Marlin! I'm curious to see how he does moving up a level next year, because he was extremely impressive at Jupiter.
October 20, 200520 yr And Hermida is a better all around ball player than Miguel. 5 tools. And don't say I jumped on his bandwagon cause he hit the grand slam either, because I have been a fan of his since he was drafted. I am one that thinks Hermida is gonna be a really solid player for us in the future, but dont be stupid... a better all round ball player can mean a lot of things, but come on... COME ON miguel is a super star, and if he gets a chance to play at 3B, he just might win a few gold gloves before his career is over, and that would make him a MUCH better all round player, so he cant run well. fine, but because Hermida has five tools dont be so quick to call him a better all round player. cause frankly i'd rather have a guy really really really good at four than just OK at five. If you think about it, Hermida has better speed, a reputation for being solid defensively in the outfield, and having good power, and great patience, I think that qualifies as a better all around ball player. But I do agree, Miguel is definetly the better one right now as he is on a different planet. But as of right now, being in the outfield, Miguel's tools are used wrongly.
October 20, 200520 yr I'll give it a shot at a Top 10, well 12 1. Hermida 2. Vargas 3. Olsen 4. Andino 5. Tie-Johnson & Resop 6. Volstad 7. West 8. Restko 9. Mildren 10 Tie Abercrombie & Fitch, Just Kidding I mean McCann There's my Baby Marlin! I'm curious to see how he does moving up a level next year, because he was extremely impressive at Jupiter. I watched Mildren as a rookie and his stuff was better than Olsen or Johnson's at that same time. He struggled for two years but really turned it around with Jupiter.He's got a great head on his shoulder and I honestly feel he'll be ready to make the jump from AA to MLB soon.
October 20, 200520 yr As long as Hermida becomes a good player in his own right to compliment Miggy, more power to the Marlins
October 20, 200520 yr I had the chance to see Volstad a few times last baseball season at Palm Beach Gardens High, and man is he outstanding. I was extremely happy when I found out we drafted him in June. He has the mentality to be successful very soon.
October 20, 200520 yr I had the chance to see Volstad a few times last baseball season at Palm Beach Gardens High, and man is he outstanding. I was extremely happy when I found out we drafted him in June. He has the mentality to be successful very soon. He's one of the top players to come out of last year's draft so far. I think he could get to the big leages by 2007, at age 20-21. I really do.
October 20, 200520 yr I had the chance to see Volstad a few times last baseball season at Palm Beach Gardens High, and man is he outstanding. I was extremely happy when I found out we drafted him in June. He has the mentality to be successful very soon. He's one of the top players to come out of last year's draft so far. I think he could get to the big leages by 2007, at age 20-21. I really do. He has the stuff, there's no doubt in my mind. He throws in the mid-90's consistently, and his curve was major-league ready when I watched him in 6A state playoffs last year. His mentality is there, also. He's very humble, very quiet, and very smart. And on top of it all, the kid can hit some. Now we just need to draft Cody Clinton this June and we'll be set .
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.