What can be done

Fish Tank Frenzy

All Marlins fans must unite.

If you're from Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St Lucie, Indian River, Okeechobee, Collier, Lee, Orange, Alachua counties or anywhere else it doesnt matter cause our #1 goal is to keep this franchise here in Florida. We are THE Florida Marlins.

If you're from Dade, Broward, or Palm beach we need to get together at the stadium in the streets to create a rally to keep the Marlins here.

We need to be HEARD!

What can be done?

Emails are being sent out as we speak.

Calls and messages are being done.

What else can be done?

What can be done?

Remove David Samson from all stadium related negotiations. He is pissing a lot of people off and can't rally the polititians or private parties. He can't get it done, that's obvious by now. Hire a proffesional. I find laughable that Samson is saying that Loria spent 12 million bucks on stadium designs, and he couldn't hire a proffesional to handle this the right way? pleeeeeeease!

Hank is talking about this on his show now, and for once I agree with him 100%

I know this would be when this movement is more organized but...

-bumper stickers

-shirts

-pamphlets and flyers

-catchy phrase

-etc.

I agree dude!!! We need to do this... It is possible to get something going through marlinsbaseball.com!! SOMETHING PLEASE!!! Im down, im not t he richest person but I'll chip in as MUUCH AS I CAN!!!!

Guest Moneyball

I am thinking about putting "Save the Marlins" with some window paint on my car. Maybe if everyone does the same or similar it can help get the message around the city.

I think everyoen on this board should do something similar.

ME TO!! Im in... but this needs to be organized theres no way we can just post messages in this thread and make it work... How can it be organized??

While I was in the car this morning I was thinking we should have a protest or something like that on a certain date. We should put flyers out at Publix, Schools, Malls etc: That have SAVE THE MARLINS on them. Put the date of the rally and where it is. We need a rally in all 3 counties. I am going to try anything.. :pray If it doesnt work I know that I tried and thats all that counts.

Sound somewhat good?

I think first and foremost, before protesting, we must call everyone you know in the government. Everyone. At every level. Call judges and bug them. Call Ileana, Lincoln, Mario, Kendrick Meek, everyone. Annoy the crap out of them. Tell them look, they're going to take our baseball team, and the local government isn't listening to the people. Please, get involved. Ileana is a big Marlins fan and should be sympathetic to our cause.

If anyone has any connections in the media, let them know. Call in radio shows every chance you get, especially big AM stations like WQAM, The Ticket, and WQBA. Don't let this issue die. Let it keep simmering during the Holiday Season. Let's get a "All I want for Christmas is My Baseball Team" drive going, see if we can raise money through the actual community and put it towards the gap left in the stadium. It might not exactly get to the 100 million necessary, or whatever necessary to build on that site in Hialeah that has turned itself into the 'too good to be true' option of the month, but it'll get people's attention. Start plastering the Save The Marlins logo Da Bear 61 was so gracious to make everywhere.

Know somebody famous? Tell them to intervene. Know a Marlins player? Tell them to yap up and talk to press. Know a businessman? Tell him to make a donation to the stadium fund. Know a priest? Tell him to get his congregration to pray, and pray, and pray.

Anything and everything needs to be done at this stage.

Yeah, well I'm not going to sit around and lose 14 years of my life without a fight.

I personally think everyone, absolutely everyone, who is in favor of keeping this team in South Florida and keeping them the Marlins should switch their avatars (and buddy icons on AIM, signatures in emails, whatever) to the Save the Marlins logo. It'll unite the movement and the more that logo is plastered around the more people will say "Damn, there's a lot of support for this." Call radio stations and dedicate songs to the team. Tell Big 106 you want them to play Dream On in honor of the team staying in South Florida. Tell 93 Rock to play Fade to Black dedicated to how the politicians and Dave Samson are making the loyal fan base feel. Tell Power 96 to play Puff Daddy's I'll be Missing You constantly to show how we'd cope with this tragic loss. Wear your Marlins gear everywhere, don't take it off. Take it to other cities on trips when you go on vacations. Talk to people from out of town that like baseball, and get them aware and up to date with what is really going on. Anything.

Put your car flags up... write on your car windows with window paint... print out a flyer and put it on your car window or even on the front door of your house/office... put flyers around campus... put a flyer on your notebooks....

Ooh!! Print out the picture that DaBear provided and make t-shirts!!!

There's A LOT we can do. Come on, Fish fans! Let's do this!