What's left to support?

If they don't make an effort to put a winning team on the field or get value out of the All Stars they're trading away, and still charging an arm and a leg to see games in one of the three or four worst stadiums in baseball, I don't see why anyone should support this joke of a franchise.

By trading Castillo for what amounts to career middle relievers, Beinfest and Samson gave up on the team and the fans. Maybe it's about time we gave up on them and let them lose money on their AAA-team. At least fans of the Pirates and Rockies aren't forced to watch their teams play in ballparks that weren't built to host BCS Bowl games.

Cancel your season tickets if you still can (I hope you didn't fall for the ploy of signing up for '06 to guarantee playoff tickets). Pierre and LoDuca will be gone in the next few weeks, and don't anticipate resigning Conine, Gonzalez, or Easley. I for one refuse to buy another piece of memorabilia or attend another home or road game until they put some effort in. What an embarassment. I can't even walk outside anymore with my hat on without being laughed at by a Phillies, Red Sox, Mets, or Yankees fan.

I for one refuse to buy another piece of memorabilia or attend another home or road game until they put some effort in.

Did getting Pudge count as putting effort in? Leiter? Delgado? We're all upset, but they've made plenty of moves in the past to show you they want to win. This is a bad situation and it may take some time to heal & rebuild, but let's not pretend they've never tried to win here. In fact they've tried & succeeded. I'm not happy about how they're going about this right now, but you can't sit here and say they haven't made an effort.

Not showing up just makes it easier to move.

If you don't show up, Loria and Samson win.

We, the Fans, lose either way. I will go less often (but I already paid so I wil go some, as I love the game), but I would never pay the rate they tricked us into paying to see this pitiful excuse for a major league team.

About caring what other fans say... don't. I'll wear my Marlins shirts and the jacket day in and day out like always and I don't care what any Mutts or Yanks fan says. Fact is the Marlins have won a World Championship more recently than both in fact 2 since the Mutts last won one. Let them talk.

A bright future, and with luck, a good season, for one thing.

:thumbup

Well, I guess if you do show up, the win too, so it's a catch-22. But, the more you support the team (f*** ownership) the harder it is for MLB to allow relocation.

What the f-ing hell are you talking about? Loria/Samson are using the threat of relocation to force the hand of the local politicians. Do you honestly believe they want to move to Portland? Do you honestly believe they and MLB want to jumpo through the hoops to move to New Jersey? No moving vans have been ordered yet. There's no plan to move. They want to stay here. But they need the support of others. You're no better than Arriola if you give up on this team now.

Well, I guess if you do show up, the win too, so it's a catch-22. But, the more you support the team (f*** ownership) the harder it is for MLB to allow relocation.

What the f-ing hell are you talking about? Loria/Samson are using the threat of relocation to force the hand of the local politicians. Do you honestly believe they want to move to Portland? Do you honestly believe they and MLB want to jumpo through the hoops to move to New Jersey? No moving vans have been ordered yet. There's no plan to move. They want to stay here. But they need the support of others. You're no better than Arriola if you give up on this team now.

There's a difference between using the threat of relocation as a negotiating ploy (which, in the beginning, I fully expected) but it's now reached a whole different level. A lot of people here (myself included) felt that the Marlins would simply take the team as it was yesterday (without the high priced toys of Lowell and Delgado) and simply see what worked during the course of the season. Maybe Pierre got traded, but that's it. Now, it's clear that the Marlins don't give a crap about '06 and even '07, they don't care what the fans think, and just, in general, they're trying their hardest to generate as much ill-will around the franchise as possible.

I'm not quitting on the team, but I sure have lost a whole lot of hope. Miami doesn't care if they're here or not, and the Marlins are making it pretty evident that they don't care if anyone who is a fan of this team is kept happy...hard to envision that kind of organization staying put in a market that already has them with one foot out the door.

See, Loria can do this because he KNOWS the same 22,000 fans will show up regardless of how good the team is. So why not spend $25 million rather than $60 million? It will add a few million to the bottom line. Baseball's a business, and you're all consumers being tricked into buying a flawed product.

I'm not from Florida. The only Mets games I attended during their mid-90's lull until they acquired Piazza were ones against the Marlins. Fan support was way down, and ownership knew they had to make drastic changes. If the Marlins ownership doesn't see a similar shock with a budget payroll, they have no incentive to change anything. Demand should be much more elastic and responsive to the product put onto the field. It's an absolute shame nobody showed up over the past few years, and it will be an absolute shame if the same number of people attend games next year.

there is that peanut guy in the infield box with the funny hats

And the Heinken guy that wears that big huge green hat walking about. I guess we can go support them.

Hey maybe they can play second base while they sell the beer?? Might be able to save more cash for Loria.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I for one will continue to root for the Marlins, but I'm going to have to think long and hard about a 3+ hour drive down to see them play either in spring or regular season. I'll continue to make the short trips TB, Vero and Melbourne, but will chose to do so with less regularity. I mean losing Luis hurts, but I was a fan before he played for the team and will be long after he's gone. The good news out of these trades is that the bandwagoneers are soooo long gone.

I for one will continue to root for the Marlins, but I'm going to have to think long and hard about a 3+ hour drive down to see them play either in spring or regular season. I'll continue to make the short trips TB, Vero and Melbourne, but will chose to do so with less regularity. I mean losing Luis hurts, but I was a fan before he played for the team and will be long after he's gone. The good news out of these trades is that the bandwagoneers are soooo long gone.

I'm not saying that I'll stop following or rooting for the team. They just won't get any of my money until they get their act together or move (I could care less where they play, as long as they're competitive).

If you show up, Loria Samson and Huzinga win. They get your money, Huizinga gets your parking fee and you get labeled a bad fan by the media.

If you don't show up, Loria and Samson have less money to take to Vegas. Huizinga doesnt really care and you still get labeled as a bad fan.

Its a lose-lose situation unless you show up to cheer the visiting team.

I will still go to games, but I will have to get very drunk before I get into the stadium to watch that piece of sh*t team, but they are still our team.

Hopefully they can get a stadium somewhere in south florida.

On a side note, attendance shouldnt be to bad this year because many people renewed their season tickets, 2007 will be a different story. If the marlins do decide to move in 2008 and announce it during the next offseason you may see crowds of 3,000 or less, worse than montreal.

If you show up, Loria Samson and Huzinga win. They get your money, Huizinga gets your parking fee and you get labeled a bad fan by the media.

If you don't show up, Loria and Samson have less money to take to Vegas. Huizinga doesnt really care and you still get labeled as a bad fan.

Its a lose-lose situation unless you show up to cheer the visiting team.

I dont agree with that.

If you show up you are doing so because you are a fan of the team, and no one is going to label you a bad fan especially if they have 100+ losses

I will still go to games, but I will have to get very drunk before I get into the stadium to watch that piece of sh*t team, but they are still our team.

Hopefully they can get a stadium somewhere in south florida.

On a side note, attendance shouldnt be to bad this year because many people renewed their season tickets, 2007 will be a different story. If the marlins do decide to move in 2008 and announce it during the next offseason you may see crowds of 3,000 or less, worse than montreal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal was the best suitor for this team. They are the second best candidate out there next to Las Vegas IMO. Exchange rate is much better and the city may be willing to build a ballpark this time around. Don't forget that they used to draw fans like crazy, unlike the Marlins ever have except in their innaugural season or in the playoffs.

On edit - I have to change my favorite *current* Marlin again. Maybe I'll pick Beinfest and hope he gets moved soon too.

Guest Moneyball

I will buy a Jason Vargas jersey, and after that I won't go to the stadium unless the tickets are free.

Wayne and Loria aren't getting any of my money.

I'll be watching at home.

I will buy a Jason Vargas jersey, and after that I won't go to the stadium unless the tickets are free.

Wayne and Loria aren't getting any of my money.

I'll be watching at home.

Just get kids tickets for 4 dollars on weekdays and 5 on weekends. Thats what I will do, and just go tailgating for games to make them interesting.

Yourself included? You've been bitching since September and well before that. You've never come to terms with this. You fail to see the reason behind their moves. You leap at every opportunity to preach your Season Ticket Holders Revolution mantra, whether it be the ticket prices or the service or the moves made. You are Chicken Little!

Yourself included? You've been bitching since September and well before that. You've never come to terms with this. You fail to see the reason behind their moves. You leap at every opportunity to preach your Season Ticket Holders Revolution mantra, whether it be the ticket prices or the service or the moves made. You are Chicken Little!

What are you talking about?

I thought, as recently as yesterday, that there would be no more gutting. That Castillo and LoDuca would stay, that we'd try to put veterans into this rebuilding process.

Yeah, I'm not happy, but go find one season ticket holder who is happy right now, and then find one who doesn't feel that they'd been mislead.