Juan Pierre

Hotcorner

It's pretty much a done deal that he'll be moved. So since it's probably the last of the big trades, who is it you think the Marlins should target?

What do we need most? I think we're fine on pitchers for now.... :rolleyes:

Red Sox & try to get C Kelly Shoppach?

White Sox & try to get CF Brian Anderson?

Yankees for 2B Robinson Cano?

Cardinals? Cubs? Mariners?

How much trade value does JP have? They could always package one of our newly acquired pitching prospects with JP for a little more trading power...

Yankees: Cano

Red Sox: Shoppach

Nationals: Church or Casto

Cubs: Pitcher and infielder (Unless they're willing to give Pie a year or two in the minors. I'm concerned if you rush him, you tell him that he has no flaws in his game and that he'd just end up like Corey Patterson)

Given that we could probably flip Andino to second or even let Wilson play there, I think Pierre has to either bring in his own replacement in center, or Pierre and one of the pitchers we've gotten needs to bring in an elite catching prospect.

Honestly, I say hang on to him as long as possible, perhaps even to the deadline, and hope that he can either: 1) improve his trade value to where it was after '04 or 2) get the Cubs or Yankees so desperate (since one won't have Damon) that they over-pay.

Plus, I really do like Pierre, so keeping him around wouldn't be so bad ;) .

To the Cubs for Jerome Williams and a minor league pitcher... I know thats probably not the popular answer since its more pitchers but thats who I'd want.

That would fill our need for a starting pitcher (J Williams is a starter, right?), so I'd have no problems with it. If we can flip the minor league pitcher and another pitcher already in our system for a MLB ready second baseman or catcher then I would be happy.

Anyone ever consider that Willis should go to the FO and tell em not to trade his best buddy?

That would be a great article if it happened. Pierre and D Train are inseparable. Maybe this is fate that he is last to go. Mayhaps some stadium deal suddenly evolves and Pierre gets to stay.

*wishful thinking*

To the Cubs for Jerome Williams and a minor league pitcher... I know thats probably not the popular answer since its more pitchers but thats who I'd want.

That would fill our need for a starting pitcher (J Williams is a starter, right?), so I'd have no problems with it. If we can flip the minor league pitcher and another pitcher already in our system for a MLB ready second baseman or catcher then I would be happy.

Yep, I agree.

Jerome Williams would definitely fill a void in our starting rotation... I watched him a few times last year on the Cubs and he's a good looking pitcher. I think the Cubs would part with him because they just gave Glendon Rusch starter money as their #5.

...then I'd like to try and move Villone to the Mariners for Torrealba since they've shown interest and they just signed that Japanese catcher.

Hopefully after that, we could trade some pitching prospects to TB for Gathright (and Nick Green?).

Cano would be a sweet pickup for JP, but I really doubt it will happen.

Shoppach would be nice, and so would Brian Anderson. Both are good prospects who can play now.

However, I'll pretty much take anybody who can hit at this point. If we trade him for more pitching, I swear I'm going to scream.

Washington is one of the many teams trying to get Juan..

The Nationals have been discussing Juan Pierre with the Marlins, though there doesn't appear to be a fit between the two teams.

It's possible a third team could get involved in the talks. The Cubs remain the favorites for Pierre.

Marlins get: Pie

Cubs get: Wilkerson

Nats get: Pierre

:p