St. Maarten Airport (Must see)

Junior

I've landed at that airport and several others like it throughout the Caribbean. Given the mountainous nature of the islands there really isn't any flat land for airports. Many of them are either carved out of the side of mountains, or creating by filling in parts of the Caribbean in whatever low-lying areas there are. Many of the runways are quite short as a result and many cannot support jets.

I flew into Saba once and that was thrilling. The island is one large mountain that rises out of the ocean. The runway is on landfill that was pushed into the ocean on the side of the mountain. The runway starts and ends in the ocean.

Only small planes can land there. When landing the right wing appears to be only a hundred feet or so from the mountain. You pray for no cross winds that could throw the plane into the mountain.

Taking off is just as exciting. The pilot goes absolutely to the end of the runway and fully revs up the engines before releasing the brakes. e doesn't lift ofThere is just barely enough length to gather speed and the pilot lifts off just as he runs off the end of the runway! Talk about a white-knuckle affair.

First, that beach is definitely real.

Second, why is half that island a sh*thole? Its in the Caribbean and it looks like itd be a nice place to spend a vacation. Of course, Ive never been there, but I like the tropics, so Im assuming its nice. Is there a reason its not?

Third, I think it would be cool as sh*t to lay there while a plane landed. Itd be like Waynes World. :)

I went there and cant believe any of this is real.

1st of all..If there is a plane going right at you there is no way that everyone sits there like nothing is happening. You are going to react in fear..Not look how cool a plane is going right at us.

Cmon dont be sooo gullible. Just like the picture that was on the times from 9/11 of the guy on the top of one of the towers. Photoshop

That is all this is .

1st of all..If there is a plane going right at you there is no way that everyone sits there like nothing is happening. You are going to react in fear..Not look how cool a plane is going right at us.

Cmon dont be sooo gullible. Just like the picture that was on the times from 9/11 of the guy on the top of one of the towers. Photoshop

That is all this is .

It's not like they don't know that the plane won't be coming. How is it fake? There are soo many videos and pictures of it, and they have a website for the airport.

That is all this is .

That is all this is .

It's not like they don't know that the plane won't be coming. How is it fake? There are soo many videos and pictures of it, and they have a website for the airport.

what so shocking/unbelieveable about planes being that low over people, they all gotta land somewhere, just check out these pictures from Chicago Midway airport, and that airport is right in the middle of a neighborhood.

this is an overhead shot of st. maartens airport

night shot of a plane taking off

That is all this is .

Beattie , this is real. And if you went there you would know about the topless beaches, you didn't mention those!