MLB player sightings

Strike 3

I just went to quickly accompany a friend who was picking something up at Neiman Marcus (Merrick Place) and saw Mike Piazza doing some Christmas shopping. He was not being approached or anything. I did notice some people doing a double take and staring a bit and he would just smile shyly and sort of look down.

I saw A-Rod at Houston's not too long ago. Since so many players live in S. Fla. these sightings just remind me how the Marlins would have such an advantage in signing players if only they had the luxury of a higher payroll and stability. Yeah, I know, dream on!

BTW, I don?t mean the players mentioned above, just MLB players in general who make their homes down here. Sad.

Guest Moneyball

My mom saw Matt Mantei at K-Mart once.

I've seen Alex Fernandez (Jose Marti parade in Hialeah) and Manny Ramirez (Pembroke Lakes Mall). My great uncle installed a 4 thousand dollar bathroom sink at a former ballplayer's home in Miami Springs.

That is pretty cool :thumbup

Is that Houston's in Lighthouse Point? If so, I love that place. Awesome food.

Tim Spooneybarger lives right down the street from me. I see his wife once in awhile at Publix and I also see Spooney drive his car down Lake Worth Road alot :shifty Spooney also goes to the same vet my animals do.. The vet has a HUGE crush on Tim :lol

I saw Dontrelle drive his car after the game. He had his windows down and his hat on :lol

I've seen Cliff Floyd many, many times in different settings. It's starting to freak me out.

I saw him once at a gas station on Nob Hill and Broward; and THEN I saw him at a gas station on Nob Hill and 595 a couple months later. I saw him at the Blockbuster I worked at about 9 or 10 times. I also saw him once at a Publix.

I've also seen Magglio Ordonez at Blockbuster once.

I saw Luis Castillo once in the mall.

I saw Juan Encarnacion at a Latin restaurant in New York on a vacation (that was just a crazy coincidence).

I've probably seen more, just can't remember right now. The only one I got an autograph from was Floyd, when I saw him at the gas station. The only paper I had was a Florida Pre Paid tuition form, so I asked him to sign the back of it. :D

That is pretty cool :thumbup

Is that Houston's in Lighthouse Point? If so, I love that place. Awesome food.

Tim Spooneybarger lives right down the street from me. I see his wife once in awhile at Publix and I also see Spooney drive his car down Lake Worth Road alot :shifty Spooney also goes to the same vet my animals do.. The vet has a HUGE crush on Tim :lol

I saw Dontrelle drive his car after the game. He had his windows down and his hat on :lol

No, it was Houston's in Coral Gables. It's always packed! He was dressed as if he just stepped off the pages of GQ and looked impeccable.

So Spooney likes animals -- that's cool!

I once saw Mike Lowell having lunch at an Italian restaurant in the Gables consuming massive quantities of food (lol!) and he used to frequent a little bakery I used to go to. I saw Dontrelle once walking in front of the entrance to Target at Dadeland Station. Also saw A-Rod once in the Ralph Lauren dept. at Burdines (now Macys) Dadeland. Andre Dawson was directly behind me at the Publix check-out line just a few days after the season ended. I once saw Tim Raines on 826 and let him get in front of me so he could get to the exit lane -- I yelled his name and gave him a thumbs up and he laughed and waved.

I always see a lot of athletes around but it's the baseball players that I usually really pay attention to.

I'm working for the Nationals next semester...sharing a weight room (among other things) with all of the major league players.

Yeah.

Very cool!!!

I've seen Cliff Floyd many, many times in different settings. It's starting to freak me out.

That's too funny, Lefty...is he stalking you?! :lol

My mom saw Matt Mantei at K-Mart once.

I've seen Alex Fernandez (Jose Marti parade in Hialeah) and Manny Ramirez (Pembroke Lakes Mall). My great uncle installed a 4 thousand dollar bathroom sink at a former ballplayer's home in Miami Springs.

Oh, Alex Fernandez, that reminds me...Years ago I attended a wedding and Alex was there. There was a guy sitting in my pew who knew Alex from their childhood days and he asked him to see the WS ring up close. Alex took it off and handed it to him. Well, suddenly everyone wanted to see it and it was being passed around up and down our pew and then onto the next pew, etc. People were oooohing and aaaahing at it. It was hilarious and Alex didn't mind at all which surprised me. This was going on during the beginning of the wedding ceremony. Talk about being upstaged at your wedding! :lol

My dad did a wallpaper job for Keith Hernandez's home in Jupiter. I don't know if he was in Florida at the time, but my dad did bring home an autographed picture from him.

Oh, and not that this is baseball-related, but I have run into Nick Horvath and Shelden Williams a few times when I was at Duke. Also, I sat next to Chris Duhon and his brother at a football game freshman year (although I didn't know that was him, how embarrassing).

Guest markotsay7

todd pratt lives up the road from my brother. we took the kids trick-or-treating there a couple of years ago.

speaking of my brother, and a little of topic....he was eating at Friday's in Royal Palm last week when he looked over and there was Vanilla Ice.

I've seen Vanilla Ice at Ft. Lauderdale Airport twice and once at Sushi Takara on 44th Street in Lauderhill.

I saw Antonio Alfonseca at Pembroke Lakes mall around 2001.

I was up in Stuart a couple years back, in my car, sitting at a stoplight. Across the street and facing me in the left turn lane was a black Bentley convertible. My light turned green, and I proceeded to go while the Bentley had to yield to me and other traffic. When I got next to the Bentley, I saw that it was Charles Johnson driving. He stared at my car pretty hard while shaking his head and playing with his chin hairs; he seemed dazzled by the 19 inch rims I had at the time...lol.