Dolphinish strong

Lefty

Saban certainly has done an amazing job with this team in his first season. This team could have picked up an extra two or three wins early in the season, but an 8-8 or even 9-7 record for this team would be awesome when you consider what they went through last year.

I think we as Dolphins fans have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of years. :thumbup

Saban certainly has done an amazing job with this team in his first season. This team could have picked up an extra two or three wins early in the season, but an 8-8 or even 9-7 record for this team would be awesome when you consider what they went through last year.

I think we as Dolphins fans have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of years. :thumbup

It's imperative for you to get a QB, a good one, that gels well with your offense. If you can, you'll be set.

As for Coach of the Year, I think Gibbs should get it over Saban, but neither of them deserve it, I'd say John Gruden.

Holmgren deserves some consideration too, even if his team will probably flop in the playoffs

Seattle, division champs last year, division champs this year? I dunno.

Last year they won a division that was among the worst in the history of modern football with a 9-7 record and a -2 point differential. This year, they are going to be a #1 seed and, if they win out, will finish 14-2 and grab the #1 seed in the NFC, which would be a five game improvement, the same as the Dolphins would have if they win out.

Therefore, Holmgren deserves consideration.

My top 5:

1. Lovie.....Remarkable job with a team very similar personnel wise to last years 5-11 squad and without his top QB.

2. Tony Dungy.....13-1, 'nuff said.

3. Marvin Lewis.....Great job turning around a franchise in the pits before he came around. Should be a threat for the next decade.

4. Mike Holmgren.....Great job he has done this year and if not in the north pacific, he would be talked about even more. Should win the NFC and could easily make the SB this year.

5. Bill Belichick.....Nobody has done more with less this year. Has overcome injuries to every star this side of Tom Brady. Has his team rounding into form come playoff time. One of his best coaching jobs ever.

It's about time a college coach came in and kicked some ass. The last good college coach was Jimmy Johnson.

Barry Switzer.... :whistle

What'd he do after the Jimmy Johnson-era players left?

1. Marvin Lewis

2. Lovie Smith

3. Tony Dungy

4. Jon Gruden

5. Mike Shanahan

Gruden ahead of Holmgren? :confused

Ummm yes. Seahawks went to the playoffs last year, we went 5-11.

It should be

1. Smith

2. Gruden

3. Lewis

4. Dungy

5. Holmgren

You also had a winning record with a very similar team two years ago, iirc. By the way, Gruden ahead of Dungy or Lewis is pretty laughable. I will be very suprised to see Gruden finish in the top 5 and shocked if he finishes top 4. Outside of Bucs fans, I have not found anyone with him in their top 4. I am sure there is someone out there you will show me, but not many.

1. Marvin Lewis

2. Lovie Smith

3. Tony Dungy

4. Jon Gruden

5. Mike Shanahan

It should be

1. Smith

2. Gruden

3. Lewis

4. Dungy

5. Holmgren

You also had a winning record with a very similar team two years ago, iirc. By the way, Gruden ahead of Dungy or Lewis is pretty laughable. I will be very suprised to see Gruden finish in the top 5 and shocked if he finishes top 4. Outside of Bucs fans, I have not found anyone with him in their top 4. I am sure there is someone out there you will show me, but not many.

Ummm no we didn't. We haven't finished above .500 since the Super Bowl. And this team is totally different then it was 2 years ago.

1. Marvin Lewis

2. Lovie Smith

3. Tony Dungy

4. Jon Gruden

5. Mike Shanahan

It should be

1. Smith

2. Gruden

3. Lewis

4. Dungy

5. Holmgren

New QB.

New RB.

New WR.

New TE.

New linemen.

So no, you dont recall correctly.

I meant the "D" more so, which is really very similar.

But we will see. If I am wrong I will eat my words, but I do not see Gruden finishing top 4 and prob not top 5.

I'm not arguing the top 4 or 5, I dont care about that at all...who the hell will even remember that 48 hours after it is announced? I sure wont.

The core of the defense is there, but that core is also older. Alot of new pieces are in now or playing a much more significant role like Chris Hovan, Juran Boldon, Will Allen, Ryan Nece. So to say its that similar or much like that 7-9 team I believe is a stretch.