Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tonsils

Featured Replies

Simple question: who still has their tonsils?

 

im asking because today i found out i'll need mine removed in 3 weeks and was wondering what i should expect, like pain and down time

oooh thats probably gonna suck...i still have mine but what ive heard is that your voice is weird for awhile and well you get to eat alot of ice cream when after surgery, oh and i bet your asleep when they go in.

I had them out when I was 4. Sorry, but I don't remember much about it, but I think my throat hurt a lot afterward. I think I drank lots of apple juice and ate a considerable amount of ice cream, but still, that was a long time ago.

I had them out when I was 4. Sorry, but I don't remember much about it, but I think my throat hurt a lot afterward. I think I drank lots of apple juice and ate a considerable amount of ice cream, but still, that was a long time ago.

 

ditto

I had them out when I was 4. Sorry, but I don't remember much about it, but I think my throat hurt a lot afterward. I think I drank lots of apple juice and ate a considerable amount of ice cream, but still, that was a long time ago.

 

ditto

 

whoa i didnt know that.... do you remember if it was before or after you moved here?

I had mine out when I was about 3 or 4 years old. I remember not being able to eat anything, including ice cream, for quite a few days. I don't remember how my voice was afterwards though.

I had mine removed when I was very little aswell as my adenoids (sp?). My swelling adenoids were making it hard for me to breathe aswell as giving me horrible sinus infections and ear infections. I have not had one ear infection since. When you get your tonsils removed its not that painful. The next day is the part when its really sore and you can barely talk. You get alot of ice cream and jello and really soft smooth foods to eat until your throught heals.

still got everything except my appendix

I got my tonsils out when I was 25 so I remember it all.The older you are the longer it takes to recover...about 2 to 3 weeks.You may have nausea and won't feel like eating much,but at least try to drink lots of water.It's really important.Ice cream really didn't do anything for me but popsicles were fantastic.That was pretty much my diet for a few weeks.Take your pain meds around the clock even if you think you don't need them because later on that day you might and if you wait to take them you will be in A LOT of pain because it takes a little while to kick in .I took my meds like every 5 or 6 hours.PM me if you have any more ?'s.Good luck.In the end you will be glad that they are out! :)

  • Author

Don't plan on ever losing them.

 

well its not exactly something you can plan

 

if they have to go, they have to go

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

BUMP

 

you can officially change my vote from yes to no.

went in this morning at 6, out a little bit after 10. my mouth feels numb as hell and im sure that will be replaced by pain in a few hours. this should be a fun 4 day weekend now...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.