Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Featured Replies

Looks like

Harrison Ford can finally take the fedora out of mothballs.

A

 

The Hollywood megastar told a German magazine on Wednesday that after rewrites too numerous to count, he and director

Steven Spielberg are finally satisfied with the script for the forever-in-the-works fourth installment of the whip-wielding, tomb-raiding adventurer.

 

"Steven Spielberg and I now have a script in hand that we both like. I believe that we can start with the filming soon," Ford was quoted as saying in an interview with Fit for Fun, a German lifestyle and entertainment magazine.

 

The 63-year-old actor, who's been making the publicity rounds this month for Firewall--his first certifiable action thriller since 1997's Air Force One--demurred, however, on a start date.

 

That depends on the busy schedules of the Indiana Jones triumvirate of Ford, Spielberg and producer

George Lucas. But Ford indicated he was ready to get back into the swing of things, adding that he needed "to do a little practicing with the whip" to avoid injuries.

 

Ford's reps did not comment further, and a Lucasfilm spokesperson said Wednesday that Lucas was not available to comment on the status of Indy 4. But appearing at last week's Empire Awards in London, his producing partner, Rick McCallum, said Lucas had made his final tweaks to the script by Jeff Nathanson (Rush Hour and Catch Me If You Can) and handed it off to his two pals for final tweaking.

 

"[George has] just finished the Indiana Jones script, and Steven's having that rewritten and a few things done," McCallum said, according to published reports.

 

Spielberg's publicist, Marvin Levy, confirmed as much to E! Online.

 

"[The script] certainly seems to be [in the can], but I don't think we're at that point where we have a firm start date," Levy said. "But this is certainly the closest where we've been in this whole development process."

 

Levy also denied an earlier report that Spielberg was considering taking a year off after doing War of the Worlds and Munich back to back. He said the two-time Oscar winner is working not only on getting Indy 4 off the ground, but also Lincoln, his upcoming biopic on Abraham Lincoln that will reunite him with his Schindler's List star,

Liam Neeson.

 

"I think it's much more likely that he will do an Indy movie before he does Lincoln. The Lincoln script is not as far in the development stage and...frankly, Steven may not want to do another serious movie after doing a Munich," Levy said.

 

He noted it's possible Spielberg "would be starting something before 2007."

 

It's been a slow, tortuous march to production since the project was officially announced in January 2002. The trio brought in Oscar-nominated writer-director

Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) to take a crack at writing a story about the aging archaeologist, but Lucas vetoed the draft, putting Indy 4 on hold indefinitely until Nathanson found an angle that pleased the principals.

 

By the time Indy 4 does get rolling--this year or next--Ford will have turned 64 and will probably be 65 by the time Paramount releases the movie in theaters. The actor is next set to play Colonel Everton Conger, the man who tracked down Abraham Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth, in Manhunt, which starts filming next month.

 

 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060316/en_movies_eo/18577

It's going to be weird. Nearly 20 years after we last saw him with the whip....very very weird.

It's going to be weird. Nearly 20 years after we last saw him with the whip....very very weird.

 

 

It will be great. Ford still has it.

I hope he does. He sure didn't show it in the movie Firewall.

It's going to be weird. Nearly 20 years after we last saw him with the whip....very very weird.

 

 

It will be great. Ford still has it.

I hope he does. He sure didn't show it in the movie Firewall.

 

I've yet to see that movie.

It's going to be weird. Nearly 20 years after we last saw him with the whip....very very weird.

 

 

It will be great. Ford still has it.

I hope he does. He sure didn't show it in the movie Firewall.

 

Or Hollywood Homicide (my pick for worst movie I've seen in theatres EVER), or Random Hearts, Six Days and Seven Nights. His script choices lately have done little to impress me.

It's going to be weird. Nearly 20 years after we last saw him with the whip....very very weird.

 

 

It will be great. Ford still has it.

I hope he does. He sure didn't show it in the movie Firewall.

 

Or Hollywood Homicide (my pick for worst movie I've seen in theatres EVER), or Random Hearts, Six Days and Seven Nights. His script choices lately have done little to impress me.

 

What Lies Beneath? Come on..

I'm sorta afraid this will go the way of the Star Wars prequels.

 

 

I doubt it.

 

The director hasn't taken a hiatus from directing and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. I guess, if in the sense that you're worried losers will build it up in the mind as being the greatest action movie ever, before it comes out, you're right. It could be like Star Wars, but I doubt that happens. People don't take Indiana Jones as seriously as Star Wars.

  • 3 months later...

They tossed that script and a new script is currently being developed per Spielberg himself.

 

It will be his next film.

Spielberg: Well you know, George and I have been promising it for a lot of years now, but I’m making every attempt to keep my promise. I just want to make sure that the fanbase is given the best ‘Indiana Jones’ anybody could possibly make, and until I can assure myself that at least I’m trying to make the best ‘Indiana Jones’ film of all time, the development will continue. The process of developing the script will continue, and it continues right now with David Koepp writing the script.

 

Awalt: That was a surprising turn!

 

Spielberg: Well David Koepp is a great closer. And he’s done some great projects for me, you know all of them. And I feel that if anybody can do it and pull this together, David can.

 

Awalt: The Darabont screenplay. You’ve probably read some of the controversy.

 

Spielberg: It’s a wonderful screenplay!

 

Awalt: That’s what I’ve heard you thought of it.

 

Spielberg: I liked it a lot.

 

Awalt: Are you going to use any parts of it in the final version of the film?

 

Spielberg: I am not.

 

Awalt: Will it ever see the light of day?

 

Spielberg: Someday… [hesitates] No, I don’t think it will. Darabont wrote a wonderful screenplay and Frank’s a very close friend of mine and we’re collaborating on a number of things, but sadly ‘Indy 4’ will not be one of them.

Source

I'd love to see the Darabont screenplay....

 

Koepp's a good writer though, it's a good bet Spielberg won't screw this up

Those are my thoughts exactly.

 

Obviously the Darabont screenplay was good, just not the direction Spielberg wants to take the film in.

 

I was kindof lukwarm to this idea when I heard it announced but like you said with Spielberg dedicated to this and taking this much time to make sure it will work, I'm sure I will enjoy it.

For once I have to agree with Buckeye and say that Hollywood Homicide made me want to burn all the flesh off of my body.

 

 

 

I think Indiana Jones 4 will be sweet though.

  • 1 month later...

Getting one of the Indiana Jones triumvirate to talk about the fourth sequel is a rare opportunity, but getting George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford to spill at the same time is as infrequent as finding a needle in a haystack under some hen's teeth on a blue moony night at the end of a month of Sundays.

 

But Empire was lucky enough to speak with the trio as part of our massive Indiana Jones 25th anniversary celebrations and it seems that Indy IV is going to be a tad controversial.

 

“We’re basically going to do The Phantom Menace�, says Lucas (stay with him here, he’s making a point). “People’s expectations are way higher than you can deliver. You could just get killed for the whole thing…We would do it for fun and just take the hit with the critics and the fans...But nobody wants to get into it unless they are really happy with it�.

 

The ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t’ situation has freed up an idea for a plot that was originally deemed too incendiary.

 

“I discovered a McGuffin,� continues Lucas, still reluctant to name said McGuffin. “I told the guys about it and they were a little dubious about it, but it’s the best one we’ve ever found… Unfortunately, it was a little too ‘connected’ for the others. They were afraid of what the critics would think. They said, “Can’t we do it with a different McGuffin? Can’t we do this?� and I said “No�. So we pottered around with that for a couple of years. And then Harrison really wanted to do it and Steve said, “Okay�. I said, “We’ll have to go back to that original MacGuffin and take out the offending parts of it and we’ll still use that area of the supernatural do deal with it�.

 

“Hopefully it will be different in all the right ways and the same in all the familiar ways,� adds Spielberg.

 

As for timing, Lucas says that filming is scheduled for mid-2007, for a 2008 release but getting the gang back together is a tricky proposition. “Before I was just working with Steven and Harrison. Now everybody’s a superstar, so it’s a little bit more difficult than it was then�. “But there’s a good chance it will happen,� assures Ford. “There are things left for this character to do�.

Source

Indiana Jones movies are the best.. i cant wait until this comes out.

I'm sorta afraid this will go the way of the Star Wars prequels.

 

 

I doubt it.

 

The director hasn't taken a hiatus from directing and doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

Lucas didn't direct Empire or Jedi.

It says prequels.

 

The prequels were the three films PRECURSOR to the original three.

 

Reread it and think about it.

I'm sorta afraid this will go the way of the Star Wars prequels.

 

 

I doubt it.

 

The director hasn't taken a hiatus from directing and doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

Lucas didn't direct Empire or Jedi.

 

And look how good they were! Lucas is the kiss of death, even to his own work.

  • 6 months later...

Cate Blanchett Joins Indiana Jones 4!

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

March 16, 2007

 

 

Cate Blanchett has signed on to star in the fourth installment of the "Indiana Jones" adventures. With David Koepp's screenplay shrouded in secrecy, it is unclear what character Blanchett will play.

 

Harrison Ford already has boarded the project, which will be produced by Lucasfilm and directed by Steven Spielberg.

 

Shooting will begin in June in Los Angeles and at undisclosed locations around the world. Paramount Pictures will release Indiana Jones 4 day-and-date around the world on May 22, 2008.

 

Frank Marshall is producing, with George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy executive producing.

 

This is going to be great.

Very sweet

 

Rocky, Rambo and now Indy.. good stuff. Indiana Jones movies were amazing.

Very sweet

 

Rocky, Rambo and now Indy.. good stuff. Indiana Jones movies were amazing.

 

Yeah, perhaps we shouldn't compare Indy to those other 2...

Very sweet

 

Rocky, Rambo and now Indy.. good stuff. Indiana Jones movies were amazing.

 

Yeah, perhaps we shouldn't compare Indy to those other 2...

lol yea

 

Indiana Jones flicks are the best.. understatement i know. i hope this new one is just as good as the other 3.

 

Rocky Balboa though.. loved that movie.

 

 

As for Rambo.. we'll see on this one. Its not like theyre following up classics. If they can come anywhere close the 1st one, thatd be pretty freakin sweet.

  • 2 weeks later...

Ray Winstone is joining the expedition for the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones adventures.

 

The actor, who stars as the title character in Robert Zemeckis' upcoming "Beowulf," has signed on for a major role in the untitled film being referred to as "Indy 4."

 

Although the film's plot is being closely guarded, sources said Winstone will play star Harrison Ford's sidekick.

 

Cate Blanchett already has boarded the project -- to be produced by Lucasfilm and directed by Steven Spielberg -- in an undisclosed starring role (HR 3/16).

 

David Koepp penned the screenplay for "Indy 4," which is scheduled to begin filming in June in Los Angeles and at top-secret locations around the world.

 

Paramount Pictures will release the film day-and-date worldwide May 22, 2008, with a handful of territories opening the following day.

 

Frank Marshall is producing, with George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy executive producing.

 

London-born Winstone, who played Jack Nicholson's partner in crime in the best picture Oscar winner "The Departed," most recently appeared in Anthony Minghella's "Breaking and Entering." His credits also include "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," "Cold Mountain" and "Sexy Beast."

Source

 

Mr. French!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.