Battled all the Way Back!

PBMarlin

The game appeared lost after the 2nd inning. You have to tip your hats to this young club for maintaining their composure and continuing to battle.

For the 2nd time in the series they had the tieing run in scoring position against Lidge. Quite respectable if you ask me.

Now let's put it together against the Mets!

comments from an Astro Fan:

To be quite honest with you, and I'm not trying to be ugly here, but you aren't going to have a very good team. Your kids were excited, pumped up in their first series, playing with a ton of adrenalin. That will wear off soon and they'll start playing like the bunch of rookies that they are. You actually should have won all 3 games in the series, but you only got one because your guys are just too young and dont know how to win. Once they settle into the long grind of the season and the initial adrenalin boost wears off, they are going to lose a lot of games.

You'll be lucky if you don't lose 110 games.

:plain

To be quite honest with you, and I'm not trying to be ugly here, but you aren't going to have a very good team. Your kids were excited, pumped up in their first series, playing with a ton of adrenalin. That will wear off soon and they'll start playing like the bunch of rookies that they are. You actually should have won all 3 games in the series, but you only got one because your guys are just too young and dont know how to win. Once they settle into the long grind of the season and the initial adrenalin boost wears off, they are going to lose a lot of games.

:lol

ASStros :rolleyes:

Guest Juanky

Vargas-Trelle-Mitre for the weekend. I like our chances.

This offense is going to be fun to watch, as is this bullpen. We all know what the starters are capable of.

This offense is going to be fun to watch, as is this bullpen. We all know what the starters are capable of.

Matching up against Trachsel, Glavine and Zambrano. Sure you have to like our chances.

But these guys are going to be facing one very potent offense with the Mets.

It's going to be very interesting to see how they do.

Well, they'll choke late in the season.

the astros play well at home. we played them tough, but they're hard to beat in their stadium. if we could have gotten even a halfway decent performance from moe we probably would have won this game. if he could have gone four innings and given up four runs we would have been golden.

to be honest, i thought we were going to go with the same lineup from last night. we hit so well i figured we'd stick with it, especially because we were going against another lefty. i would have liked to see olivo in there.

to be honest, i thought we were going to go with the same lineup from last night. we hit so well i figured we'd stick with it, especially because we were going against another lefty. i would have liked to see olivo in there.

It looked like Girardi was very interested in seeing how his various options would pan out, and to give everyone a chance to play in this first series.

Guest Juanky

Matching up against Trachsel, Glavine and Zambrano. Sure you have to like our chances.

But these guys are going to be facing one very potent offense with the Mets.

It's going to be very interesting to see how they do.It'll be an interesting change for our staff - from facing a mediocre offense in a hitter's park to facing a good (on paper) offense in a pitcher's park.

It'll be fun at the end of the year to look back at all of these supposed predictions and prove all of them wrong.

I liked that we made Lidge freak out a little. LOL at him all acting jubulant and fist pumping after the last out despite the fact that his defense bailed him out of a situation he put himself in. I wish saves would be awarded to the team sometime instead of a pitcher who had a marginal impact on the result.