Whats Going on with Directv?

Originally, Directv wasnt going to show the 50 games that had been moved from Pax. Then, I thought they had come to an agreement. Well, tonights game is one of the games that had been moved to Sun Sports. When, I put on SUN, it says :"Don't see the game on channel 635 (the extra FSN channel they added which now says "channel not purchased")? Get up to 49 addition Marlin games by ordering Total Choice Plus or Premier (which are more expensive packages)."

Anyone else have this problem? What happened to the agreement, Cape?

Originally, Directv wasnt going to show the 50 games that had been moved from Pax. Then, I thought they had come to an agreement. Well, tonights game is one of the games that had been moved to Sun Sports. When, I put on SUN, it says :"Don't see the game on channel 635 (the extra FSN channel they added which now says "channel not purchased")? Get up to 49 addition Marlin games by ordering Total Choice Plus or Premier (which are more expensive packages)."

What DirecTV package do you have? Sounds like the extra games are on DirecTV's Plus and Premier packs.

I have Dish Network and no problems with the game on Sun Sports Channel 422. I also get Sun Sports' coverage of the Lightning Playoff game tonight on Channel 449.

slightly off topic but i have cox cable in gainesville and 90% of the time FSN has a Marlins game as scheduled to be on TV , the game is not shown and freaking poker is shown instead of the game . I have tried to speak with someone at cox but have not gotten any answers as to what is going on ....But on a positive note i will be making the the first of many 5 hr drive to Miami for the series against the cards sat and sunday !!!!!

What DirecTV package do you have? Sounds like the extra games are on DirecTV's Plus and Premier packs.

I have Dish Network and no problems with the game on Sun Sports Channel 422. I also get Sun Sports' coverage of the Lightning Playoff game tonight on Channel 449.

I have Total Choice, the lowest package. I am really annoyed that I need to pay more after being assured that I would be able to see ALL programming on FSN and Sun.

I am getting the game on 635.

I am also getting the game on 635

Which packages do you subscribe to?

I have Total Choice, the lowest package. I am really annoyed that I need to pay more after being assured that I would be able to see ALL programming on FSN and Sun.

I am getting the game on 635.

I am also getting the game on 635

Which packages do you subscribe to?

Plus.

Guest markotsay7

slightly off topic but i have cox cable in gainesville and 90% of the time FSN has a Marlins game as scheduled to be on TV , the game is not shown and freaking poker is shown instead of the game . I have tried to speak with someone at cox but have not gotten any answers as to what is going on ....But on a positive note i will be making the the first of many 5 hr drive to Miami for the series against the cards sat and sunday !!!!!

I have the same problem (in Gville). Lots of times Chris Myers interview or poker or something will be on FSN. The ones on Sun Sports are never on Sun Sports.

If I remember corretly the difference between the two packages is less than $5 bucks a month more so that should be affordable.

I know its a $5 difference, but to me, its paying extra for something I should get anyway, like if I had to pay more to watch the local news. I could get it with a basic package from my cable company or even Dish Network, it seems.

Well, I got a response from Directv and for the first time of many inquiries, its actually someone who understands what Im talking about, even though its not what I was hoping for or what I thought they had originally agreed to do.

Thanks for writing. I understand your concern about paying more to be able to watch the Florida Marlins games. A total of 95 Florida Marlins regular games in 2006 are scheduled on FSN Florida (ch 634) for customers with Total Choice. This year, DIRECTV reached an agreement with FSN Florida to offer an additional 49 games previously broadcast by last year's rights holder: WPXM in Miami and WPXP in Palm Beach, FL. These games are available on FSN Florida/Sun Sports Alternate 1 (ch 635) to customers with Total Choice Plus programming packages and above.

Because sports is some of the most expensive programming we offer, we made a business decision to make these additional games available only in Total Choice Plus. For only $5 more, you can upgrade your DIRECTV base package from Total Choice to Total Choice Plus. This gives you an additional 34 channels and will allow you to view up to 150 Florida Marlins games this season on your local RSN.

This does not impact the regular 95 Florida Marlins games that are still available to Total Choice customers in 2006 on FSN Florida (ch 634).

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our services.

I got the same message tonight about needing to subscribe to the PLus or Premium package. I guess I only have the Total Choice Basic package. But I was able to see the prior games on Ch.635 without a problem. They must have implemented this new policy very recently.

I' in Gainesville also. Last year I had the same problem so I would call Cox Cable during day games when their office was still open and they would apologize and put the marlins game on. Well, this year, since we obviously have the same problem, I called Cox back. Now they say they have no input as to what is on TV......WHAT???? THEY ARE THE CABLE COMPANY!! THATS THEIR JOB! So, they said call FSN and complain to them. They tell me this even after I tell them that I KNOW THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO PUT THE MARLINS ON BECAUSE THEY DID IT LAST YEAR. I have spoken to several people at cox including supervisors and they all pretend to have no idea what I'm talking about. The only feedback I get from them is that its FSN's fault. So I called FSN. Not only did they say that it's Cox's fault (no sh*t-they are the cable company) but they even have a note about it on their website. In conclusion....we should all buy mlbtv and send cox the bill.