Your beloved Florida Marlins v. the Phightin' Phillies----5/2/2006

why does it look like Olsen is holding his breath?

because the marlins photographer is also their doctor, at that moment he was also checking olsen's prostate. its a cost cutting move if you ask me it was worth it.

I scored Batters Box tickets for tonights game! Look for the group of guys with the home white jersey's on.

Im am really psyched about tonite.

Will Scott Olsen throw the first No-No of the year?

What type of run cushion will the Marlins develop before they methodically find ways to lose their lead?

Will Kool-Aid hit one out of Dolphins Stadium?

Will a runner score from first on a bloop to right?

Will Jimmy Rollins have an inside the park job on a broken bat liner over first?

^_^ )-->QUOTE( ^_^ @ May 1 2006, 11:23 PM) 1132342[/snapback]

why does it look like Olsen is holding his breath?

because the marlins photographer is also their doctor, at that moment he was also checking olsen's prostate. its a cost cutting move if you ask me it was worth it.

:p :p

Well, Liber seems to be struggling, so he'll either throw the Marlins BP or he'll take an easy win to help him get out of his slump....hopefully the former!

Also, will we push the 7000 button today?

Frustrating losses are starting to pile up. After seeing another late-inning lead slip away Monday night, the Marlins' losing streak reached a season-high four.

The young squad looks to snap their slide on Tuesday night in the finale of a two-game set with the Phillies.

The Marlins have won one of their last eight, and are doing so in disappointing fashion. Correcting mental and physical errors is critical if they hope to reverse their string of bad luck.

Josh Willingham remains a bright spot at the plate. With an RBI on Monday, he increased his team high to 21. And Reggie Abercrombie, who has struggled all season, enjoyed a two-hit game and an RBI.

Tuesday is a repeat of a pitching matchup that took place on April 21 at Philadelphia.

The Marlins are going with rookie Scott Olsen, while the Phillies are starting Jon Lieber.

In their first meeting, at Citizens Bank Park, Olsen collected the victory, handing Lieber his fourth loss.

Olsen went 6 2/3 innings, the longest outing of his career, in the Marlins' 4-3 win. In that game, Lieber gave up four runs on six hits in seven innings.

Pitching matchup

FLA: LHP Scott Olsen (1-1, 2.12 ERA)

Making his fourth start, Olsen is fresh off a no-decision at Chicago. He gave up just one hit in five innings in that outing. Walks, though, hurt him. He walked three and hit a batter, helping lead to three Cubs runs, two of them earned. On April 21, Olsen beat the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park, giving up two runs -- one earned -- in 6 2/3 innings.

PHI: RHP Jon Lieber (0-4, 7.04 ERA)

Lieber makes his sixth start in search of his first win of 2006. He's never had a longer stretch in his career to begin a season without notching at least one victory. He pitched well in his previous outing, allowing three runs on nine hits in seven innings, but got a no-decision.

Player to watch

Pat Burrell, a former University of Miami product, has done some damage against the Marlins through the years. The Phillies left fielder homered in the eighth inning off Dontrelle Willis on Monday, and he now has seven home runs and 37 RBIs lifetime at Dolphin Stadium.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

? Gameday

? Official game notes

On television

? FSN

On radio

? 560 WQAM, 1140 WQBA (Espa?ol)

I scored Batters Box tickets for tonights game! Look for the group of guys with the home white jersey's on.

What type of run cushion will the Marlins develop before they methodically find ways to lose their lead?

Will Jimmy Rollins have an inside the park job on a broken bat liner over first?

:lol

win. please. for the love of all that is pure and good.

I also have batters box tickets for today. Go Marlins!!!

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Admin, wherever you are, I think it's time for one of your patented guarantees.