Mikey doing well with Boston

industrialescampeon

Idk if another thread has been started on this, but I don't think I've seen one and I was amazed. Mikey's stats are not mindblowing but check this out:

.318, 2hr, 12 rbi, 11 runs, 12 doubles

That's not bad, considering that last year at this point of the season he was under the mendoza line already. I'm glad for Mikey, can't wait for him to get back to his normal self. So who said that the Green Monsta and the Bawston baked beans wouldn't work some magic? ;)

The numbers are solid except for the HRs. He's on pace to hit only 11 HRs (prorating to 500 ABs). He's hitting a ton of doubles, on pace for 60 (again prorating to 500 ABs). A lot of the doubles are from the Green Monster - 2/3 of his doubles are in Fenway. It's not all Fenway though as his away numbers overall are better than his numbers at home.

He's not hitting lefties too well, which is how he was early in his career.

Idk if another thread has been started on this, but I don't think I've seen one and I was amazed. Mikey's stats are not mindblowing but check this out:

.318, 2hr, 12 rbi, 11 runs, 12 doubles

That's not bad, considering that last year at this point of the season he was under the mendoza line already. I'm glad for Mikey, can't wait for him to get back to his normal self. So who said that the Green Monsta and the Bawston baked beans wouldn't work some magic? ;)

I have a feeling it's probably the Samuel Adams.

Of all the former Marlins, he's the only one I want to see completely fail and actually am angered to hear he does well.

I respect him for all that he's done for the franchise, but I also realize that he was all that was wrong with this team both on the field and off the last two seasons.

Of all the former Marlins, he's the only one I want to see completely fail and actually am angered to hear he does well.

I respect him for all that he's done for the franchise, but I also realize that he was all that was wrong with this team both on the field and off the last two seasons.

Thats funny, he's one of the one's I'd love to see do well. What do you mean he was all that was wrong the past two seasons? He played like crap last year, but what did he do off the field?

Thats funny, he's one of the one's I'd love to see do well. What do you mean he was all that was wrong the past two seasons? He played like crap last year, but what did he do off the field?

He whined initially named to the media in '04 when things started going rough "I wish Pudge were here. DLee was always huge for us, we have guys here who can't match that production, etc."

Then he whined anonymously in '05 with basically the same bitch-fest and more or less led the mutiny against McKeon that began in June.

He whined initially named to the media in '04 when things started going rough "I wish Pudge were here. DLee was always huge for us, we have guys here who can't match that production, etc."

Then he whined anonymously in '05 with basically the same bitch-fest and more or less led the mutiny against McKeon that began in June.

Well, I prefer him doing it privately or anon. vs Burnett's publicly giving up on the team (he is dead to me, btw).

I guess I just can't get over the whole Lowell being the 2nd Mr. Marlins. I turn a deaf ear to bad news.

Yeah we get it Swift, you don't want to see Lowell do well. You've said that basically every time he has been brought up since leaving the team.

Lowell has done everything I as a Sox fan could ask. If he continues like this (and even less to a degree) I will be extremely pleased.

Yeah we get it Swift, you don't want to see Lowell do well. You've said that basically every time he has been brought up since leaving the team.

Lowell has done everything I as a Sox fan could ask. If he continues like this (and even less to a degree) I will be extremely pleased.

I understand Swift on this one. And I'm not rooting for Mike either, I don't care if I'm labeled as a "hater".

Here is what is behind my sentiments:

1) Mike went downhill after a contract extention was given (which we didn't need to do, since Cabrera was ready to play 3rd)

2) We couldn't sign other pieces of the WS team due to that contract (Pudge, D Lee, etc.)

3) Whiny atitude on the media (as TSwift stated)

4) Whiny atitude on the field (it was getting old seeing Mike pop up in the infield and him throwing the helmet, etc. As the "leader" that sends the wrong message.)

5) We had to give up the WS MVP and best arm produced by our Farm to get rid of him

For the record, I think is wrong that I can't root for the guy. I think Mike is a decent human being. But I just can't. I'm not perfect.

Guest Fritz

Screw Mike Lowell. He cost us Josh Beckett and I had to endure his sorry ass last year. Screw him right in the ear.

Hope he keeps it up. I don't agree with all the reasons for bashing him. You can say he had a crappy season & a half, which he did...

but he still was a core part of the team for a while, was a major part of the team building back to respectability (leading to the '03 WS), and a pretty stand up guy IMO. But hate away!

Hope he keeps it up. I don't agree with all the reasons for bashing him. You can say he had a crappy season & a half, which he did...

but he still was a core part of the team for a while, was a major part of the team building back to respectability (leading to the '03 WS), and a pretty stand up guy IMO. But hate away!

Exactly. Mikey is awesome. We probably would've lost Josh anyway. *sigh* Oh well... to each his/her own.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.