Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

all star game

Featured Replies

Cabrera and HanRam are the only guys who will get serious consideration at this point. If Willy keeps hitting well, he might also.

There is very little chance any of our players will win the popular vote. Do any of you think any player outside Miggy even has a chance at making the team as backups (since many of the players probably don't know much about HanRam, Willingham and our other rookies)...?

I wouldn't underestimate Ramirez getting votes. You'd be amazed how sexy a .340 average looks for a SS on the ballot. If there are guys on my favorite team that reasonably deserve it I will vote for them but otherwise I vote for whoever is most deserving based on play and not name.

For the AAA all star game?

 

jk

 

yes for miggy and hanely and willingham and uggla

 

nobody else deserves it

 

 

Same 4 I voted for :thumbup (I did the 25 times too :p )

 

I wouldn't underestimate Ramirez getting votes. You'd be amazed how sexy a .340 average looks for a SS on the ballot. If there are guys on my favorite team that reasonably deserve it I will vote for them but otherwise I vote for whoever is most deserving based on play and not name.

 

 

I don't expect any of them to make it to the 1st team, but most probably Hanley (but an outside shot to The Hammer as well) will be our rep at the All-Star Game. I think unless Miggy picks it up in the field that no matter what he is batting he'll be left off the team.

 

By the way is the game still going to decide home-field for the WS this year or has that experiment been allowed to pass ?

I split my votes between Hanley and Uggla.

 

Yeah I know I'm silly voting for Uggla because he has zero chance but did it anyways.

 

 

Uggs deserves to go, but I don't know how he looks compared to other 2nd Basemen in the NL.

 

Cabs and Shadez deserve to go as well. Cabs will probably get in, but Shadez has a lot of competition.

I can't recall any better 2nd baseman this year better than Uggla than Utley. Vidro's having a good year but I don't think he'll get votes. Giles has been doin poorly

yeah remember...every time is required to have at least one player on there...so basically Cabrera is a lock since he's miles ahead of anyone on this team in terms of star power...and thus, the scattered votes that he gets from fans outside of South Florida will be enough to get him on the team...Dontrelle will need a remarkable run from now until late June to get the call from Phil Garner

yeah remember...every time is required to have at least one player on there...so basically Cabrera is a lock since he's miles ahead of anyone on this team in terms of star power...and thus, the scattered votes that he gets from fans outside of South Florida will be enough to get him on the team...Dontrelle will need a remarkable run from now until late June to get the call from Phil Garner

 

 

Cabrera COULD make it, but those 9 or 10 errors hurt his chances. If he makes it, it will be only as a reserve, and I never expect to see him in the game until late as a PH only.

I voted for every single Marlin that's on there, what can I say..... i'm a homer.

 

you wish

yeah remember...every time is required to have at least one player on there...so basically Cabrera is a lock since he's miles ahead of anyone on this team in terms of star power...and thus, the scattered votes that he gets from fans outside of South Florida will be enough to get him on the team...Dontrelle will need a remarkable run from now until late June to get the call from Phil Garner

 

 

Cabrera COULD make it, but those 9 or 10 errors hurt his chances. If he makes it, it will be only as a reserve, and I never expect to see him in the game until late as a PH only.

 

You'd be amazed at how little people care about errors, considering most people outside of Marlins nation are probably oblivious to his defensive struggles or won't factor it into their decisions. It would be very surprising for him not to go as a reserve considering his offense.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.