How to lose a ballgame

Who would you have pitch the 9th?

Well I know i will be bashed for this....but anyone ever who has had ANY success in the majors.

Kensing has been lit up EVERY time he has ever pitched. :mischief2

Giving up 1 run in 2 innings is being lit up? Either way, Kensing is still young. He had his confidence blown by McKeon. He has really good stuff, and should turn into a good guy out of the pen. And I, personally, have no problem with Logan with the game on the line. He will probably be a bullpen arm for a long time, you have to let him learn how to get it done.

Kensing a bullpen arm for a long time?? The guy has mediocre stuff at best, was never a prospect. I follow the minors very closely and the Marlins have MUCH more talent than Logan Kensing. He reminds me of Bump....a career AAAA player. Again, it is early in his career but based on talent alone or upside.....Kensing is the weakest we have out of ANYONE in our pen right now.

if pinto pitched you would be complaining how he walked half the people he faced

I didn't ask for Pinto to come in. No one should come in a situation like that in their debut. Pinto has like 50 walks in 40 IP in the minors....he has talent but you don't bring him in a close game in his debut.

I would have pitched Borowski or Messenger. Maybe if he pitches the 9th, it would be different results...who knows.

Taylor Tankersley PLEASE!

if pinto pitched you would be complaining how he walked half the people he faced

I didn't ask for Pinto to come in. No one should come in a situation like that in their debut. Pinto has like 50 walks in 40 IP in the minors....he has talent but you don't bring him in a close game in his debut.

I would have pitched Borowski or Messenger. Maybe if he pitches the 9th, it would be different results...who knows.

Messenger? The same one who's served up 3-run homers in his last two appearances?

I would have pitched Borowski or Messenger. Maybe if he pitches the 9th, it would be different results...how knows.

borowski and messenger did so much better than kensing tonight

If Messenger is the one who pitches the 9th and gives up the lead instead you'd start this same thread with Messenger's name in place of Kensing's.

I would have pitched Borowski or Messenger. Maybe if he pitches the 9th, it would be different results...how knows.

I agree that our pen is bad and probably wouldn't make a difference who we pitch but I was just frustrated because Kensing has never done ANYTHING good in a marlin jersey.

I agree that our pen is bad and probably wouldn't make a difference who we pitch but I was just frustrated because Kensing has never done ANYTHING good in a marlin jersey.

DATE GAME W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR BB SO NP-S GO-AO

MAY 11 ATL 0 0 3.86 1 0 0 0 0 0 2.1 2 1 1 0 1 2 36-24 1-3

MAY 13 @PIT 0 0 2.70 1 0 0 0 0 0 1.0 0 0 0 0 2 2 19-9 1-0

both those were fine games

If Messenger is the one who pitches the 9th and gives up the lead instead you'd start this same thread with Messenger's name in place of Kensing's.

How do you figure? Kensing has 22 ER in 19 career IP.He has walked 12.

Messenger has proven that he can at least get out of an inning without giving up a run.

Messenger has much better stuff than Kensing. Oh well, its over and done with....Kensing doesn't have the talent nor the stats that our other pitchers do. period.

Well, the "good" criteria has not affected some of your pitching preferences before, but I digress...

I totally agree with leaving in Kensing - he had a quick 1-2-3 inning before, which around these parts has been pretty rare lately. The fact that Borowski came into the game in the 10th led me to believe that he probably wasn't planning on pitching tonight. Kensing is a bit untested with Joe, (only 2 games outside of Spring Training) and he needs to see what he can do. I thought he earned the right to pitch a second inning, especially when you were looking to rest your closer.

Wow Im so glad I didnt get to see this game. Sounds like it was painfull...On the bright side it looks like Yusmeiro pitched good. 3 innings 2 hit 3 k's. What happened with Nolasco only going 3 innings? Some of these kids in the minors seriously need to be called up and given a shot. It couldnt hurt. Any word on Carlos Martinez and when he's comming back?

kensing is a year younger and was brought into the league a year before messenger. messenger has been struggling lately and kensing has plenty of talent. you just refuse to acknowledge it because you dont like the guy

Messenger can top 95.

Kensing has a decent curve and thats it. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that he doesn't have a long major league career. Nothing against him at all, I just think there is more talent in our system than him.

Wow Im so glad I didnt get to see this game. Sounds like it was painfull...On the bright side it looks like Yusmeiro pitched good. 3 innings 2 hit 3 k's. What happened with Nolasco only going 3 innings? Some of these kids in the minors seriously need to be called up and given a shot. It couldnt hurt. Any word on Carlos Martinez and when he's comming back?

I still like Vargas a lot and I think he'll be back sooner rather than later. Petit looked great. I doubt Martinez will be rushed at all with all the arms we have.

well just because a guy can light up a radar gun doesnt mean hes going to be successful

I agree man.

I'm just talking about talent right now. Again, talent doesn't mean everything. Greg Maddux just knows how to pitch.

Nic Ungs (been successful at every level) just knows how to pitch 88-90 mph.

All I'm saying is that Kensing doesn't have the talent of anyone in our pen or Resop, Tankersley, Martinez, Bowyer, Tyler, A.Sanchez, Bostick, Volstad, etc.....he won't be here for long.

CAREER STATS...sometimes there is more than meets the eye.....sometimes 1 stat can paint the future for everyone.

T.Wellemeyer 102 IP, 98 Hits

S.Olsen 50 IP, 48 H

J.Borowski 316.2 IP, 300 H

F.German 137 IP, 137 H

J.Johnson 40 IP, 30 H

C.Martinez 6.2 IP, 4 H

R.Nolasco 17.1 IP, 18 H

Y.Petit 4 IP, 3 H

R.Messenger 51.2 IP, 55 H

D.Willis 649.1 IP, 634 H

Not Part of the Future

B.Moehler 1059 IP, 1237 H

S.Mitre 155.2 IP, 187 H

Matt Herges 492 IP, 519 H

L.Kensing 23.1 IP, 35 H

resop 8.1 era

tankersley never pitched in the majors

martinez 2.7 era injured

bowyer 5.59 era injured

tyler never pitched in the majors walking way to many batters in AA

sanchez never pitched in the majors starter

bostick never pitched in the majors

volstad never pitched in the majors starter

kensing 9.64 era

minors

kensing 12-14 3.55 era 220.1 ip 221 hits allowed 102 runs allowed 87 earned runs allowed 12 home runs allowed 60 walks 164 strike outs got to majors in 2nd pro season

messenger 30-26 4.53 era 493.0 ip 544 hits allowed 298 runs allowed 248 earned runs allowed 27 home runs allowed 201 walks 346 strike outs got to majors in 7th pro season