I understand everyone hates...

Guest ShaqandWade323

Guest ShaqandWade323

losing games and definitely close games, but to complain about EVERY day is getting annoying. I hate to imagine what this place would've been like from our expansion season to 1995 and from '98 to '02.

Guest ShaqandWade323

What do you expect? We're the youngest team in baseball with the least experience, they learn. Why not just enjoy the development of our players? This is going to be a rebuilding year, not a year where we're gonna contend for the playoffs.

Guest Festa

What do you expect? We're the youngest team in baseball with the least experience, they learn. Why not just enjoy the development of our players? This is going to be a rebuilding year, not a year where we're gonna contend for the playoffs.

Development? This isn't development this is torture. The players would tell you the same. Anyone who comes in here and says "Why not just enjoy the development of our players?" obviously hasn't been watching the last 4 games and is clearly insane....

Guest ShaqandWade323

I think it's good to see we're not losing by large margins, just a lot of one or two run heartbreakers, means once we learn and gain experience, just imagine what we'll be like next year. (Considering we're still around).

Guest Festa

I think it's good to see we're not losing by large margins, just a lot of one or two run heartbreakers, means once we learn and gain experience, just imagine what we'll be like next year. (Considering we're still around).

No, we'll go through a tough stretch soon where we play absolutely horrible baseball, than these losses will hurt most.

Just imagine what this team will be like when the bullpen doesn't f*ck up a lead after the 6th inning

So u expect them to lose all or most of their games? Everything the players learn does not come from losing. Winning helps boost their confidence and losing just makes them play alot worse.

losing games and definitely close games, but to complain about EVERY day is getting annoying. I hate to imagine what this place would've been like from our expansion season to 1995 and from '98 to '02.

:lol Yeah okay fine. We'll try rejoicing after the next 9th inning meltdown.

:plain

Guest ShaqandWade323

I have no problem with critiquing moves here and there but endless threads like "GOD WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO US?!!?11?" gets annoying after a while. Many people have said we have a triple A team, and as a triple A team, you're not going to win many games.

I hate to break this to you bro but we NEVER had a stretch like this '98 to '02. We lost a lot of games in those years but not in this fashion. Losing 4 games in a row by 3-6 run margins is not the same as losing 4 games in a row in the bottom of the ninth/extra innings.

I have no problem with critiquing moves here and there but endless threads like "GOD WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO US?!!?11?" gets annoying after a while. Many people have said we have a triple A team, and as a triple A team, you're not going to win many games.

Dont read the vent/frustration threads. They are easy to spot.

Why dont you start a thread that touches on all the positve aspects of losing 4 games in a row on the opponents last at bat?

:thumbup

Guest ShaqandWade323

I hate to break this to you bro but we NEVER had a stretch like this '98 to '02. We lost a lot of games in those years but not in this fashion. Losing 4 games in a row by 3-6 run margins is not the same as losing 4 games in a row in the bottom of the ninth/extra innings.

We lost 29 games in '98 by one run. We also lost 29 games in '98 by blowouts.

So let me clarify this......Your saying we had a 41 game stretch like this (the late inning meltowns, the 5 run leads blown) '98-'02 and a 4 game stretch like we just endured?

Guest Festa

We're on pace to lose a lot more than 29 one run games.

We're on pace to lose a lot more than 29 one run games.

Exactly, we're already at about 10-12.

this team is hopeless, but I complain not cause we completely, incredibly suck, but because I see no promise for the future. The guys on this team that do develop into good players will just be traded or lost in free agency the minute they ask for more than the league minimum.

I am getting so sick and tired of hearing this. Carlos Delgado wasn't making the league minimum. Neither was Paul Lo Duca, AJ Burnett (who is making 12 mil a year now), or Josh Beckett. This team has shown it will pay market value, but is not willing to overpay. I think that is smart.

this team is hopeless, but I complain not cause we completely, incredibly suck, but because I see no promise for the future. The guys on this team that do develop into good players will just be traded or lost in free agency the minute they ask for more than the league minimum.

I am getting so sick and tired of hearing this. Carlos Delgado wasn't making the league minimum. Neither was Paul Lo Duca, AJ Burnett (who is making 12 mil a year now), or Josh Beckett. This team has shown it will pay market value, but is not willing to overpay. I think that is smart.

You're right in the fact that they weren't making the league minimum. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE NOT ON THE TEAM ANYMORE. this team SHOWED it was willing to pay, but they are no longer willing to pay anything. Loria will drag this team to the gates of hell if that's what it takes to put more pressure on Miami for a stadium deal. Carlos Delgado put up the numbers everyone said he would be expected to. Josh Beckett won 15 games and was well worth the money. Paul Lo Duca was 100 times better than the two guys he replaced. I'll give you AJ Burnett, but the rest of this team was evacuated out of here like we were a ship that was about to sink. (well, we have sunk. 20 games under .500 in may.) This team no longer will put up a competitive product on the field, but they will raise my ticket prices for the 4th year in a row. GET HOOKED IN 06! I got hooked alright.