Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Olsen --> Petit.

Featured Replies

I just want to see your opinion of putting Petit in the rotation in place of Olsen. Olsen has been struggling greating in May (April ERA- 2.12. May ERA- 10.07) do you think there is a chance that we will see Petit in the rotation? Maybe Olsen needs some more time in the minors or even a few appreances in the bullpen to fix things. Olsen has tons of potential and I want him to figure things out before next year. Petit has looked great and I would really like to see what this guy has. Maybe he will suprise us. WDYT?

 

I really like Olsen but he just needs alittle more time.

Olsen gets atleast this next start on Monday

 

I say he gets this and next start to try and right the ship

I just want to see your opinion of putting Petit in the rotation in place of Olsen. Olsen has been struggling greating in May (April ERA- 2.12. May ERA- 10.07) do you think there is a chance that we will see Petit in the rotation? Maybe Olsen needs some more time in the minors or even a few appreances in the bullpen to fix things. Olsen has tons of potential and I want him to figure things out before next year. Petit has looked great and I would really like to see what this guy has. Maybe he will suprise us. WDYT?

 

I really like Olsen but he just needs alittle more time.

 

I say put Olsen in the bullpen or bring him down and Pettit should take his place as long as Olsen goes to fix whats wrong with him

Keep pettit where he is for now give olsen 2 starts. If they dont work I like the idea of Olsen as our closer.

 

A lefty power pitcher wuld be a nice closer reminds me of the one we saw today.

  • Author

Any opinions guys? I am kinda getting bored because I am writing a speech. I need something interesting to read.

Well Girardi wasted no time in sending a struggling Vargas to the pen, so I think Olsen has one more start to prove why he should pitch every 5th day. Put Petit in if he can't and see how he does in the every 5th day spot..

Olsen struggles. Olsen gets into fight. Olsen pisses off the ump and gets 7 warm ups instead of 8. Olsen then cannot concentrate and gives up a HR. Olsen is then pulled to the side from Joe G.

 

Olsen sounds like the perfect candidate to be sent to the pen or the minors to give him some time to get his head where it needs to be.

 

Pettit has thrown very well and deserves a shot at a start.

Petit should be moved into the rotation. But that may hurt the confidence of Olsen. I think he'll get a couple more starts to right the ship and then potentially gets moved to the pen. I think he needs to stay in the bigs.

  • Author

Petit is looking better and better every appearance. Two scoreless innings today :thumbup . Olsen better be scared.

Petit looks much more poised and ready to deal with the majors. Olsen just looks like an immature punk at this point. He has a bit of maturing to do before he should be handed a guaranteed rotation spot.

  • Author

Petit looks much more poised and ready to deal with the majors. Olsen just looks like an immature punk at this point. He has a bit of maturing to do before he should be handed a guaranteed rotation spot.

 

 

I agree. He just looks ready. Olsen has some growing up to do.

I like Olsen starting becasue that gives us another lefty in the rotation, i just see Olsen as a reliever. We should take out someone else like Moehler or something.

Olsen is not a reliever. Nor anywhere close. He should and very well can be a dominant #2 for time to come. (I will admit though I dont see Petit being much of a MLB pitcher myself, Sidney Ponson like is his ceiling IMO)

 

I might be biased though.

Olsen is not a reliever. Nor anywhere close. He should and very well can be a dominant #2 for time to come. (I will admit though I dont see Petit being much of a MLB pitcher myself, Sidney Ponson like is his ceiling IMO)

 

I might be biased though.

 

The problem with that is sometimes you dont see much of anything... :plain

Not a knock against Petit, I hope he does well. I just dont think he will.

Olsen is struggling right now, big whoop. Maybe he just needs a few games to get his head together. But he is far too talented to be a reliever.

 

 

I agree with u that Olsen is too talented for the Pen, but so is Petit... BTW check ur PMS

Not a knock against Petit, I hope he does well. I just dont think he will.

Olsen is struggling right now, big whoop. Maybe he just needs a few games to get his head together. But he is far too talented to be a reliever.

 

 

I'm sure this organization has a plan for Olsen. They might be content to see him struggle for a little while in the majors and give him all the time he needs to figure things out. As a fan, I obviously wanna see the guys who are more ready to produce now go out there and get it done. It just seems that the organization so far has allowed some of the younger guys get there heads together...in the minors.

Olsen's future is in the rotation, so is Petit's.

 

Unless the long-term plan of the team doesn't involve Ricky Nolasco and/or Josh Johnson in the rotation, I don't know what to do with Yusmeiro, but then again, if I were in charge he'd still be in AAA getting regular starts and not 1 inning of work seemingly every other week.

i didnt want to start a new thread for this but could olsen's problem be with treanor catching him because treanor seems to start all olsen's games

If Olsen doesn't get it together and have a good game today then I wouldn't mind sending him down like Vargas to get his head on straight.

 

Petit should get a chance like other have (Johnson/Nolasco) if Olsen doesn't straighten up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.