May 28, 200620 yr Both these young have combined for 11 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 10 K I hope that when German and Martinez come back these 2 guys stay with the team. The people who should be demoted/released should be out of Kensing, Messenger, Herges, and Wellemeyer. PLEASE RELEASE HERGES! There is no reason he should be on this club (talent wise).....especially when we have Tankersley lurkin' to get his chance in the minors!
May 28, 200620 yr Kensing has been freaken amazing so far besides his one outing at Atlanta. I agree that Herges and Wellemeyer have to go. Messenger is a tough one though.
May 28, 200620 yr Kensing's been looking much improved his last 2 outings and had shown something in some prior outings too. I know he's this year's Nate Bump to you WMM but cut the man some slack.
May 28, 200620 yr Author Kensing's been looking much improved his last 2 outings and had shown something in some prior outings too. I know he's this year's Nate Bump to you WMM but cut the man some slack. He has been good so far...I'll admit. However, he has options and Wellemeyer doesn't. I think he and Mess will go back to AAA.
May 28, 200620 yr Kesing will be better and better we need kensing I like herges.BUT he has to go out .
May 28, 200620 yr Author Messenger just pitched an inning....K'ing 3.....he continues to get better and better as well!
May 28, 200620 yr Kesing will be better and better we need kensing I like herges.BUT he has to go out . and I just saw him warming up in the pen :banghead
May 28, 200620 yr I just got back I couldn't take the heat, but Petit and Pinto looked terrific. It certainly does appear the Marlins could go with a more youthful pen and not do worse than they are now. One has to wonder of anyone out there is who would find value in a couple of veteran arms in Herges and Wellemeyer.
May 28, 200620 yr WHo cares if Wellemeyer and Herges dont have options? Neither are even average, just admit mistakes and let them go.
May 28, 200620 yr Author WHo cares if Wellemeyer and Herges dont have options? Neither are even average, just admit mistakes and let them go. Exactly....we gave them a chance and it didn't work out. It's good to give people a chance. We are still giving Borchard and Ross a chance...no decision on them yet. German looked good before he got injured.
May 28, 200620 yr They should just get rid of Wellemeyer and Herges. Messenger and Kensing give up way less BB and have 2 less K's in 15 fewer I.P. then the other 2.
May 28, 200620 yr German looked good before he got injured. didnt he have more walks than innings pitched? I dont happen to like German very much... wayyy too wild
May 28, 200620 yr Actually Kensing has outperformed both Petit and Pinto...Pinto may need to go back down til September callups
May 28, 200620 yr Franklyn German himself might not have much of a career here either, not exactly like he's a great pitcher himself. Career ERA of almost 5, career whip of 1.77, more BB's than K's. He's just insurance, no gurantees he will stick around. With the bullpen coming together while he's been gone, he is easily expendable as well.
May 28, 200620 yr Messenger just pitched an inning....K'ing 3.....he continues to get better and better as well! ever since his fight with olsen he's been untouchable
May 28, 200620 yr Messenger just pitched an inning....K'ing 3.....he continues to get better and better as well! ever since his fight with olsen he's been untouchable I bet Olsen said something about his pitching.
May 28, 200620 yr Messenger just pitched an inning....K'ing 3.....he continues to get better and better as well! ever since his fight with olsen he's been untouchable I bet Olsen said something about his pitching. actually it was the opposite. FISH FRY: Tough week for Crystal Lake South alum Scott Olsen. After a game last weekend, he went out for drinks with Florida Marlins teammate Randy Messenger, who told the left-hander how he should be pitching. Olsen reportedly objected to the lecture, exchanged words with Messenger and got punched. http://www.suntimes.com/output/deluca/cst-spt-deluca281.html
May 28, 200620 yr Maybe Olsen should let Herges and Wellemeyer beat his ass also...anything for the good of the team!
May 28, 200620 yr Messenger just pitched an inning....K'ing 3.....he continues to get better and better as well! ever since his fight with olsen he's been untouchable I bet Olsen said something about his pitching. actually it was the opposite. FISH FRY: Tough week for Crystal Lake South alum Scott Olsen. After a game last weekend, he went out for drinks with Florida Marlins teammate Randy Messenger, who told the left-hander how he should be pitching. Olsen reportedly objected to the lecture, exchanged words with Messenger and got punched. http://www.suntimes.com/output/deluca/cst-spt-deluca281.html :lol .
May 29, 200620 yr There is no way Kensing should be sent down. Guy's the only one who can consistently get outs.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.