Petit's first start

Petit was recalled following Florida's 9-1 loss to Washington and will take the mound on Wednesday in his first start of 2006. Petit has appeared in 10 games for the Marlins this year, all in relief. Petit has a 5:1 strikeout to walk ratio in those games, and if not for a two rough performances against San Francisco, would have a much better ERA. Petit allowed one earned run combined in his other seven games.

source

Petit will take the hill for the first time in 2006 against the Nationals Wednesday at RFK. Thoughts, comments or rants? Bring 'em!

I'm just hoping for a solid outing. I wont lie, I dont, never have, and never will, expect much from Petit.

IMO, he's version 2 of Sidney Ponson, except without the personal problems and much less talent.

Hope he proves me wrong.

I also disagree Fish4Life, there is no way in hell Petit has more upside than Sanchez.

I'm just hoping for a solid outing. I wont lie, I dont, never have, and never will, expect much from Petit.

IMO, he's version 2 of Sidney Ponson, except without the personal problems and much less talent.

Hope he proves me wrong.

I also disagree Fish4Life, there is no way in hell Petit has more upside than Sanchez.

Your nuts... Ok maybe I did go a bit over-board by saying more upside than Sanchez but I will say he has just has much. This guy is no were near a Poson V2... He hasnt gotten a chance like these other kids have.. He reminds me of a Livan Hernandez, someone that can eat alot of innings and has good stuff.. He pitched a solid inning in the 05' futures game... Its easy not to expect anything of him when you havent seen him... You might have seen him before but of course not as much as Nolasco, JJ, Olsen, even Sanchez...

Thats the thing...his stuff isnt great. He's deceptive I think would be the operative word. But IMO he doesnt have anywhere near the upside of Sanchez.

i agree, his stuff made me think of someone like a greg maddux...not the greatest pitches/velocity but great control/placement. no way does he have a better future then sanchez

Thats the thing...his stuff isnt great. He's deceptive I think would be the operative word. But IMO he doesnt have anywhere near the upside of Sanchez.

i agree, his stuff made me think of someone like a greg maddux...not the greatest pitches/velocity but great control/placement. no way does he have a better future then sanchez

He'll most likely be a reliever most of his career.

Petit gives up too many HR's to be a reliever.

This guy was the centerpiece of the Delgado deal, I hope he works out (and for the record, I'm pulling for him big time).

Plus, unpopular, but this is my view of these four starters' potential:

Sanchez

Petit

Nolasco

Pinto

Petit gives up too many HR's to be a reliever.

This guy was the centerpiece of the Delgado deal, I hope he works out (and for the record, I'm pulling for him big time).

Plus, unpopular, but this is my view of these four starters' potential:

Sanchez

Petit

Nolasco

Pinto

Well said.. Thats my order as well.... :thumbup

Petit should consider himself the luckiest SOB today.

If the situation were any different, he would have also been pulled after the first inning.

Nice job, guys for saving his ass.

I disagree. After the first inning he pitched very well, and there was no reason to pull him at that point. It's hard to sacrifice the bullpen that early and Petit bounced back very nicely