who gets sent down after todays games

btnhmarlins

my god has his season changes as he went from 6-3 to 6-6 and 3.15 era to 5.00 era. idk wat the hell is wrong with but it better change man. i know hes a rookie but these starts were just plain terrible as he had no control at all on any pitch!!!! wat do we do about him?

Send Vargas down. He hasn't shown anything since being called up and its obvious that he needs more work. Then again, it may not be experience that he's lacking, it may be talent. But either way, he should give the long hair a try again. It worked for him last year.

If Aguila is healthy,bring him up..send Reggie down

I've been in favor of that for a while. Reggie isn't doing us or himself any good by warming the pine and at least he has a chance to develop some more playing in the minors.

after the break Mitre is available to come off the DL, if Nolasco keeps pitching like crap I'd demote him. Vargas really took one for the team and he should be rewarded with a few more appearances send Pinto or Petit whichever ones still up down let them both get some work in the minors, hell while your at it give Sanchez one more go than send him down if he can't cut it. As for Reggie he would be better served in the minors and IMO they should call back up Reed he has more options than Aguila.

I actually doubt there are any moves made for the time being, what with Moehler's injury and Nolasco's ineffectiveness, you may just see Petit and Sanchez end up in the rotation with Nolasco being sent to the pen, if a move is made, honestly, I think it'll be more of the same with perhaps maybe Petit getting one more start.

wow that was awesome in the second game.

vargas needs to be sent down and told he is never starting another game for us.

his stuff is mediocore at best and its definitely not ML quality starter stuff. Maybe he could be an effective reliever, but I dont know.

What I do know is that he wont be a ML stater.

Maybe he could be converted to an outfielder, at least his bat is more lethal than Reggies

:hat

i will probably get ripped for this...but i thought Vargas looked alright all things considered (except for the one bad inning). He gave up 8 runs - but he had much, MUCH better control than his previous stint in the majors this season. His control was far from perfect, but at least he was around the strike zone and not walking every other hitter. When he missed, he seemed to miss right down the middle and a team with Beltran-Wright-Floyd, etc. is not going to miss those type of pitches.

It's a babystep...but I thought Vargas looked a hell of alot better than he did early on.

I also completely disagree that he doesn't have major league stuff. He's not overpowering, obviously, but if he can regain his control his stuff is more than major-league caliber. plenty of pitchers have relied on changing speeds and location...the guy we face tomorrow is a perfect example. If he can regain the control he had last season he will be a good pitcher, just like he was last season. If he can't, well, you know the rest.

i will probably get ripped for this...but i thought Vargas looked alright all things considered (except for the one bad inning). He gave up 8 runs - but he had much, MUCH better control than his previous stint in the majors this season. His control was far from perfect, but at least he was around the strike zone and not walking every other hitter. When he missed, he seemed to miss right down the middle and a team with Beltran-Wright-Floyd, etc. is not going to miss those type of pitches.

It's a babystep...but I thought Vargas looked a hell of alot better than he did early on.

I also completely disagree that he doesn't have major league stuff. He's not overpowering, obviously, but if he can regain his control his stuff is more than major-league caliber. plenty of pitchers have relied on changing speeds and location...the guy we face tomorrow is a perfect example. If he can regain the control he had last season he will be a good pitcher, just like he was last season. If he can't, well, you know the rest.

Pretty good post IMO. Vargas dosen't have the maturity yet to be effective in the majors with his style of pitching. Maybe in time he will be.

wow that was awesome in the second game.

vargas needs to be sent down and told he is never starting another game for us.

his stuff is mediocore at best and its definitely not ML quality starter stuff. Maybe he could be an effective reliever, but I dont know.

What I do know is that he wont be a ML stater.

Maybe he could be converted to an outfielder, at least his bat is more lethal than Reggies

:hat

i totally agree. he was a firstbasemen in college when he didn't pitch. he led his team in hitting in his senior year.

In the not too distant future Vargas will fade out. He's nothing more than a top tier draft pick that didn't pan out.

he's been in the majors for all of 9 months lol

You've watched him pitch. Do you actually see good stuff? Do you see potential? I don't.

I am against infatutation with mediocre players that ultimately aren't good enough for the show. That's something characteristic of the Orioles, but I'd hate to see it with the Marlins.

have you watched mark buehrle pitch? tom glavine? kenny rogers? what kind of "stuff" do you see with those guys? you don't need a 96 MPH fastball with a sharp offspeed pitch to be successful...many of you may think you do because of who we have/have had come through our system (beckett, penny, burnett, nolasco, johnson, olsen, etc, etc.)

vargas has a great change - if he can control his stuff he'll be a very effective starter. i think, over time, he will and plenty of you guys will be eating "crow" :shifty .