Tours coming down south

Let me know how the Arcade Fire are. I'll be seeing them in Atlanta in exactly one week. So excited for that.

I should be there right now. But I couldn't find anyone to go with me, so I'm stuck listening to it on the cell phone and feeling incredibly sad that I'm not there. It sounds amazing.

Wow. No offense, but you have some retarded friends if no one wanted to go with you to that.

It sounds like someone you knew was there, if you were listening on phone...but I can understand no one wanting to drive up to Atlanta with you, if that's what you mean. I wouldn't even do that.

Thats what it was.

Although I was getting to the point where the other person would only have had to pay for their food for the trip. I wanted to go so desperately I was going to just pay for everything. But I still couldn't get anyone on such short notice. I just hope they make their way down south again, and preferably a little further south next time...

Velvet Revolver and Alice in Chains are also doing a tour. The first date just leaked today so I am sure the dates and venues are coming out soon.

Linkin Parks first dates also leaked so same as above.

Update: Projekt Revolution Tour dates and venues are released monday.

LINKIN PARK and MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE will top the billing on this year's Projekt Revolution tour, which is scheduled to kick off late July. Also rumored to be taking part are TAKING BACK SUNDAY, H.I.M., PLACEBO, JULIEN-K, SAOSIN, MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE, THE BLED, STYLES OF BEYOND and MADINA LAKE.

Aug 10 at sound advice

Honestly, man. I've seen Linkin Park live 2 times and it's nothing to write home about. MCR is a phenomenal live band, it's just that their songs outside of the Black parade are nothing special.

Guess we just have our different styles... I saw LP at Family Values and their Meteora tour and they were SICK! I can't say they were the best because ive seen way to many shows, but no doubt they are in my top 5, possibly top 3... They know how to get the crowd going...

Honestly, man. I've seen Linkin Park live 2 times and it's nothing to write home about. MCR is a phenomenal live band, it's just that their songs outside of the Black parade are nothing special.

Guess we just have our different styles... I saw LP at Family Values and their Meteora tour and they were SICK! I can't say they were the best because ive seen way to many shows, but no doubt they are in my top 5, possibly top 3... They know how to get the crowd going...

I saw them at Bonzai in like 2001 and then again on the Meteora tour and I left underwhelmed both times. I just felt they didn't do anything too much different from their albums, and that type of music tends to get boring after a while, especially if you don't change it up. This is what puts a band like Godsmack over them in a live setting. I'd say LP has much better songs, but Godsmack doesn't just play their songs and walk off stage. They reinvent the songs in a live setting and enchance them with solos and fills that aren't on the record.

This was probably my one complaint about MCR. They are really good live, and energetic, but they play almost to a "t" what is on the record.

I have to agree with you. I have only seen LP once live at Summer Sanitarium and they were awesome live. I'll probably go because I want to see them again. I could care less about the openers. I am curious to see how their cd turns out.

I saw them at Bonzai in like 2001 and then again on the Meteora tour and I left underwhelmed both times. I just felt they didn't do anything too much different from their albums, and that type of music tends to get boring after a while, especially if you don't change it up. This is what puts a band like Godsmack over them in a live setting. I'd say LP has much better songs, but Godsmack doesn't just play their songs and walk off stage. They reinvent the songs in a live setting and enchance them with solos and fills that aren't on the record.

This was probably my one complaint about MCR. They are really good live, and energetic, but they play almost to a "t" what is on the record.

Godsmack > Linkin Park

I think that fact that Godsmack has more songs than LP has something to do with that. Godsmack is in my top 3 bands.

I have to say I'm pretty excited about James Morrison, Ben Folds, and John Mayer in august. That should be a great show, I love Folds and Mayer's music, and Mayer's live shows are supposed to be incredible when he does his blues sets. And Morrisons not too bad either.

I have to say I'm pretty excited about James Morrison, Ben Folds, and John Mayer in august. That should be a great show, I love Folds and Mayer's music, and Mayer's live shows are supposed to be incredible when he does his blues sets. And Morrisons not too bad either.

What other shows are you going to?

This is what I have lined up for this summer

June 22 Lynyrd Skynyrd

July 28 Rage Against the Machine

Aug 9 Vans Warped

Aug 18 Download Festival (bands havent been announced yet so I may not go)

Aug 20 Ozzfest

Aug 24 Linkin Park

I am going to try and get Family Values tour in somehow. I am debating going to see nickleback in july.

What other shows are you going to?

This is what I have lined up for this summer

June 22 Lynyrd Skynyrd

July 28 Rage Against the Machine

Aug 9 Vans Warped

Aug 18 Download Festival (bands havent been announced yet so I may not go)

Aug 20 Ozzfest

Aug 24 Linkin Park

I am going to try and get Family Values tour in somehow. I am debating going to see nickleback in july.

I'll be going up to Tennessee in June for Bonnaroo, so that's taking up a good chunk of my money, but I'm considering going to Orlando for Bright Eyes next week, Atlanta for Wilco (thats right after Bonnaroo, so it's doable), and I'm definetly going to try for Freefest (Ozzfest), and Warped Tour. And probably the John Mayer concert, and I'm thinking that the Reel Big Fish show at Revolution sounds awfully tempting.

Thats an awful lot of concerts for someone with a limited budget. I need to figure out how I'm going to do this.

I have to agree with you. I have only seen LP once live at Summer Sanitarium and they were awesome live. I'll probably go because I want to see them again. I could care less about the openers. I am curious to see how their cd turns out.

Godsmack > Linkin Park

I think that fact that Godsmack has more songs than LP has something to do with that. Godsmack is in my top 3 bands.

If you ask me a few years back I would most def. say LP was better than Godsmack... Now its a bit of a change considering that LP hasnt come out with new material until now... Ive seen both Live and Godsmack was unreal! I enjoyed there set-up and their jammin' out but I would still prefer to see LP. I think that the new album will bring back many "old school" LP fans although its going to sound a bit differ...

As far as shows for me:

Rage Against the Machine

Family Values

Ozzfest

Warped Tour(dont really like many of the bands but would pay just to see Killswitch Engage who are JUST AWESOME!)

Others TBA

If you ask me a few years back I would most def. say LP was better than Godsmack... Now its a bit of a change considering that LP hasnt come out with new material until now... Ive seen both Live and Godsmack was unreal! I enjoyed there set-up and their jammin' out but I would still prefer to see LP. I think that the new album will bring back many "old school" LP fans although its going to sound a bit differ...

As far as shows for me:

Rage Against the Machine

Family Values

Ozzfest

Warped Tour(dont really like many of the bands but would pay just to see Killswitch Engage who are JUST AWESOME!)

Others TBA

I think Godsmack's latest album (IV) put them over LP. We'll see how LP's new cd sounds.

Killswitch is quickly rising into my top 5 bands.

MCR is a phenomenal live band, it's just that their songs outside of the Black parade are nothing special.

Interesting, I think the same way as you except about Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge.

MCR is a band I want to see, but I wouldnt admit that to anyone. So I am glad they are playing with linkin park that way I dont have to tell anyone i am going :)

MCR is a phenomenal live band, it's just that their songs outside of the Black parade are nothing special.

Interesting, I think the same way as you except about Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge.

Eh, agree to disagree. I thought Black Parade might've been one of the best albums of 2006 (the Hold Steady was better, and probably a couple of others), but everything else I've heard from them hasn't really left any sort of impression. When I saw them live, it really just confirmed this. With the exception of the Black Parade and "Helena" (That "whats the worst thing I could say" part especially) I'm "meh" about them.