Tours coming down south

cant hook anybody up with tickets unfortunately

its really not that bad, tix for childish gambino are $20-25 if i'm not mistaken.

and you should go to the hard rock more often, its a much much better venue than the HOB ... last night we had Bon Iver and it was awesome and sold out, considering I dont like them to begin with, they sounded beyond great.

Hah I was just kidding. Nah, I'm not from the Disney/Universal area so often times I don't find myself down there. Most of the shows I'd see end up at The Beacham, and it's pretty much evenly split between HOB, Hard Rock, and The Plaza Live Theatre for #2. I've seen like 10 shows at The Beacham and about 5 between the other 3.

Usually anything at HOB or Hard Rock is $35 which ends up at $40 after all is said and done, plus the drive all the way down there from UCF and before you know it you've tallied up $50-$60 going there.

Hah I was just kidding. Nah, I'm not from the Disney/Universal area so often times I don't find myself down there. Most of the shows I'd see end up at The Beacham, and it's pretty much evenly split between HOB, Hard Rock, and The Plaza Live Theatre for #2. I've seen like 10 shows at The Beacham and about 5 between the other 3.

Usually anything at HOB or Hard Rock is $35 which ends up at $40 after all is said and done, plus the drive all the way down there from UCF and before you know it you've tallied up $50-$60 going there.

yeah I know what you're saying but the talent gap between places is big, and the sound quality and stage/venue size between is also big which is why I like the Hard Rock.

I dont mind driving to the HOB or Hard Rock for a good show, and yes I am also down by the UCF area. I have probably been to over 20 at HOB and over 10 at the Hard Rock but recently the tables have turned and ive been more of a Hard Rock guy.

also don't drink cos then your tally will be over $100+

As far as the talent gap, that's subjective. I've seen The Killers, All-American Rejects, Airborne Toxic Event (2x), and a lot of others play The Beacham. It's more of taste, really. Unfortunately I missed Two Door Cinema Club a few days ago. Hard Rock and HOB sometimes pull in the bands I want, but often times not. I've seen stuff like OneRepublic at HOB and The Script at Hard Rock, both who were great.

Of course there's a serious sound quality dropoff, but you also lose that intimacy when the place gets bigger and fancier. Depends on the band, but sometimes I enjoy that barebones production. Sucked for the Killers, but I'd hate to see Airborne Toxic Event any other way.

Airborne Toxic Event seems like an HOB / Hard Rock band not a beacham band ... as far as the killers I saw them at the culture club in ft lauderdale back when hot fuss was just coming out, soo you must have seen them A LONG TIME AGO because the last two times Ive seen them has been in arenas.

I know the intimacy factor but some bands are meant to play in bigger places ... others are not ahem ahem kings of leon on an arena tour.

Nah, Airborne is definitely more of a Beacham band, not a HOB/Hard Rock Band. I've seen them five times, between The Culture Room, The Ritz Ybor in Tampa, twice at The Beacham, and once in DC on a festival stage.

They do well with a huge outdoor crowd, but they are at their prime in front of their smallest crowds. You've got it all wrong with Airborne. Trust me, I'm practically a flipping groupie with them.

OneRepublic was a perfect fit for HOB. As was The Script. Bon Iver? Should be at a smaller venue.

As far as the Killers, it was a private show at The Beacham, the night before Orlando Calling. They were way, way better on the huge stage than they were in front of a crowd of around 1000.

Bon Iver was incredible according to people there, the little that I saw they were great ... it was bigger than than on the record as they had 9 or 10 people on stage, I was working the whole time there so I didnt get a chance to catch more than a few tunes every now and again.

a lot of people left very satisfied though.

Dave Matthews Band

Tampa -- 7/18

West Palm -- 7/20, 7/21

I'm headed up to Tampa to see them because my brother gets married the 21st, also making the rehearsal dinner the night before. They have a new album coming out in September (still untitled) which is produced by Steve Lillywhite, producer of their first 3 studio albums. They've released 4 songs by playing them live and even gave a studio release of a song named Gaucho.

Ugh, I'm pumped.

Disclaimer: I am not a "bro".

12,000 indoors? That's basically a small arena.

Or is it outdoors? Then it's like... an amphitheater.

Inside yeah. Small for you guys but currently the biggest indoor music venue in Scotland only holds about 10,000 for music gigs. Plus it's a multi-purpose conference facility which is basically like a warehouse with very little atmosphere. This new arena will appeal to more big acts.