Panthers Re-sign Horton

SUNRISE, Fla. -- Florida Panthers agreed to terms on a one-year deal with forward Nathan Horton on Tuesday.

Last season, Horton posted career highs in games played (71), goals (28), assists (19), points (47) and penalty minutes (89). At 20 years old, the center became the youngest Panthers player to record a hat trick when he scored three goals on Dec. 13 against Nashville.

The Ontario native played in 55 games during his rookie season of 2003-04 and scored 14 goals, six on the power play. He became the youngest player in NHL history to score a penalty-shot goal when he converted on Jan. 8, 2004, at Philadelphia.

Horton was chosen by Florida with the third overall pick in the 2003 Draft.

C/O Sportsline.com

good good...glad to see he is coming back...would have prefered to see a longer deal though

We still own his rights for a 3 more years after this year to my knowledge. So why give him a big longterm deal now?

ooo...i didnt know we still had his rights...i agree...this is kinda like the situation with cabs and trelle then if i understand correctly