July 25 - Florida vs. Atlanta, 7:35 p.m. at the Ted

AT

AT

Anibal Sanchez AT Chuck James

(3-0, 3.41) (4-0, 3.72)

Coming off a 7-4 homestand, the Marlins go on the road for the first time since the All-Star break. First, they get a welcome day off on Monday.

Starting Tuesday night, they return to National League East division play. They will be in Atlanta for three games. Then, the road swing gets more grueling, with five games set for four days in Philadelphia, beginning on Friday. That series features a day-night doubleheader on July 30.

By taking three of four from the Pirates, the Marlins bring a three-game winning streak into Turner Field.

Atlanta holds a 6-4 edge this season, including a four-game sweep May 15-18. The Marlins, though, rebounded in June by sweepng three from the Braves at Dolphin Stadium.

Right-hander Anibal Sanchez carries an impressive 18 1/3 scoreless innings streak (dating back to the first inning of a July 6 start at Washington) into Tuesday night. Getting ahead early in counts has been the rookie's key to success.

Sanchez has kept hitters off balance with pinpoint location of his fastball. This is his first meeting with the Braves, and on the road he is 1-0 with a 3.38 ERA in two starts.

The Braves counter with lefty Chuck James, who looks to improve to 5-0.

At home, James is 2-0 with a 6.14 ERA in three games (two starts).

Pitching matchup

FLA: RHP Anibal Sanchez (3-0, 3.41)

Brilliant in his last two starts, Sanchez has not allowed a run in two straight seven-inning outings. As a starter, the rookie is 3-0 with a 1.46 ERA. Sanchez has given up just three hits in his last 15 innings.

ATL: LHP Chuck James (4-0, 3.72)

James looks to stave off his first Major League loss for one more start. James' last two starts have not been stellar, as he has allowed nine earned runs in 11 innings, but got enough support for two wins.

Player to watch

A strong case can be made that Atlanta outfielder Matt Diaz has been the Marlins' toughest opponent this season. Diaz is hitting at a .680 clip against Florida (17-for-25), with two doubles, two triples, two home runs and six RBIs.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

? Gameday

? Official game notes

On television

? FSN

On radio

? 560 WQAM, 1140 WQBA (Espa?ol)

Up next

? Wednesday: Marlins (RHP Josh Johnson, 8-5, 2.49) at Braves (RHP John Smoltz, 7-5, 3.43), 7:35 p.m. ET

? Thursday: Marlins (LHP Scott Olsen, 8-4, 4.01) at Braves (RHP Jason Shiell, 0-1, 9.00), 1:05 p.m. ET

? Friday: Marlins (RHP Ricky Nolasco, 8-6, 4.27) at Phillies (RHP Brett Myers, 6-3, 3.77), 7:05 p.m. ET

Marlins keep rolling with excellent pitching...lets make it 4 in a row kids

:marlins

Wow! I wish I was there. Not only is this a great pitching matchup, but every time they play in ATL, it brings back the memories of the time that was the lone Marlins fan at Turner Field. It's a beautiful ballpark and it (the ball park) is one of the few things I miss about Atlanta. I can't get up there this year, but its at the top of my to-do list for next season! Go Fish...gotta work again, but I'll catch the ending tonight!

The Watch Party is at City Place (The Original Steakhouse), so I'll most probably watch from there.

Hopefully, I'll win something this time. :mischief

GO FISH!

What do they give away?

Marlins stuff... like the kind they give away at the Stadium.