Marlins @ Nationals - 8/8/06, 7:05p.m. RFK Stadium

Florida (51-60)

@

Washington (49-62)

Tuesday, 7:05 p.m. ET

Following one of his worst outings of the season, Ricky Nolasco will likely welcome the chance to face the Nationals again.

In his last start, Nolasco went just two innings, allowing four runs on eight hits against the Mets. It was his second straight loss against New York.

In contrast, facing the Nationals gives Nolasco a chance to revisit one of his better starts. On July 17, Nolasco allowed just one run on four hits over seven innings.

Taking the mound against Nolasco will be Tony Armas Jr., who has gone 1-3 in his past four decisions.

The Nationals and Marlins have split their meetings so far this season, with each team winning six games. The Marlins took two out of three in their last meeting July 17-19.

PITCHING MATCHUP

FLA: RHP Ricky Nolasco (9-7, 4.23 ERA)

Before his last outing against the Mets, Nolasco had gone at least seven innings in his past three starts.

WAS: RHP Tony Armas Jr. (7-7, 5.16 ERA)

Armas has given up 12 runs in his last 6 2/3 innings.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Ryan Zimmerman is 30-for-75 (.400) with runners in scoring position since June 6. His 45 hits with runners in scoring position leads the Majors.

ON THE INTERNET

? MLB.TV

? Gameday Audio

? Gameday

? Official game notes

ON THE TELEVISION

? Sun Sports

ON THE RADIO

? WQAM 560 WQBA 1140 (Espa?ol)

My first game thread... hopefully it brings good luck...

GO FISH!!

:gofish

Please win on my b-day. Last year they got swept on my b-day. Doubleheader :nailbite .

It's Ricky Nolasco's dad's birthday too. All he asked for was for Rick to kick some ass today, so we're ready to see it. I'm making pops some carne asada on the grill, and getting the Tivo prepped, Go Marlins!!!

Do people really call him K-Noly? He's mexican as can be, from ghetto california. Can we start calling him nono? Start a little kids club called nono's nino's maybe? Who's gonna make the t-shirts?

Can anyone snag me one of those Uggla's ugglies shirts? I'll pay for shipping.