So thats why Mitre needed more than 1 rehab outing

Ramp

Question: Do you think his mentality was affected by Girardi obviously instructing him to hit Soriano? He was basically asked to throw balls from the start, and then by the time he had plunked Soriano, he had to adjust to throw strikes again, and just wasn't able to make the adjustment... considering it was his first major league game since May.

Perhaps if he wasn't asked to plunk Soriano and if he had tried to throw strikes from the start, it might have been a different outcome.

Just a theory.

Aside from the attempts to retaliate for Cabrera being hit, the thing is with Mitre's pitches, they were all low but generally over the plate. He looked reasonably strong hitting the mid-nineties, but he could get the right elevation. Conceivably, it could have been the lack of work from a mound as anything else.

It isn't like he was wild and all over the place.

There's hope.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Whose ultimate decision was it to bring Sergio back without extended rehab? Does anyone know if Girardi was pushing for him to come back or was it Office Management that rushed him?

there is no way that sergio mitre is ready and yes i think that he is better off as a starter mostly becuase his heart is probably not in it. but yes i would also like to see scott tyler who is having a great year. but after this year no more moehler even he was a great team player and trade a prospect or two for a center fielder. abercrombie did look better tonight

Question: Do you think his mentality was affected by Girardi obviously instructing him to hit Soriano? He was basically asked to throw balls from the start, and then by the time he had plunked Soriano, he had to adjust to throw strikes again, and just wasn't able to make the adjustment... considering it was his first major league game since May.

Perhaps if he wasn't asked to plunk Soriano and if he had tried to throw strikes from the start, it might have been a different outcome.

Just a theory.

He was only asked to throw 1 ball, not 12

I think mitre was "rushed" back, mainly because of the kensing injury - if logan was healthy, sergio would still be rehabing

also, i wasn't enthused about sergio saying that he tried the bullpen thing before and it didnt' work for him - that he's a starter and when he comes back it will be interesting

kind of like setting up a self fullfilling prophecy

there is no way that sergio mitre is ready and yes i think that he is better off as a starter mostly becuase his heart is probably not in it. but yes i would also like to see scott tyler who is having a great year. but after this year no more moehler even he was a great team player and trade a prospect or two for a center fielder. abercrombie did look better tonight

im not sold on tyler's K/BB ratio.. i would have rather seen mitre have more rehab starts, and call up resop to take kensings place