Ross and Helms need more playing time

Judging by what has been happening in the last few weeks, Jacobs and especially Hermida need to step aside and let Ross and Helms be in the daily starting line up.

Yes, I know that Jacobs and Hermida have great futures, but for now they need to be the bench guys with an occasional start to keep them from getting too rusty and not the other way around. They will have plenty of time to mature into fantastic players........later.

Seems to me the platooning of Jacobs and Helms has worked pretty well so far in a number of ways.

First, it gets Jacobs' off his stress fractured ankle late in games, and second, helps ease him into hitting lefties as well as he does righties as his career matures. At the same time, having Helms in defensively is certainly welcome in this camp.

The one thing I'd like to see happen, especially now that Willingham is back on track and provide at least a measure of protection to Cabrera, is to see Jacobs return to the third spot (in front of Cabrera) where he flourished in the middle of the season.

Maybe Helms can play right field, and my guess he'd do his best at any position he was asked to man, but I wonder if hislack of speed might weaken us defensively. Ross seems to have the speed and eye to play there and perhaps it's time for another patented Cody Ross hot streak at the plate.

I'm not sure that Helms can play right so i cant really give an opinion on that, but Hermida has been terriable in right. Next year I hope he gets his act together and I think he will....but right now he needs to be benched and Ross/borchord/helms needs to play right.

Jacobs snapped out of his slump so no need to bench him. Hermida has earned a spot on the bench but I don't think Girardi has any desirable options. Helms in RF could be MLB's slowest OF in many years.

W/e it takes for ESPN coverage. :D

The one thing I'd like to see happen, especially now that Willingham is back on track and provide at least a measure of protection to Cabrera, is to see Jacobs return to the third spot (in front of Cabrera) where he flourished in the middle of the season.

I'd like to see that too. :thumbup

I'd like to see this lineup:

SS Ramirez

2B Uggla

3B Cabrera

LF Willingham

1B Jacobs

RF Helms

C Olivo

CF Ross

pitcher.

that's a pretty good lineup

Very good. But maybe with Amezaga in CF (batting ahead of Olivo). Save Ross for PH duty.

I'd like to see this lineup:

SS Ramirez

2B Uggla

3B Cabrera

LF Willlingham

1B Jacobs

RF Helms

C Olivo

CF Ross

pitcher.

that's a pretty good lineup

I would like to see:

Ramirez

Uggla

Cabrera

Willingham

Helms 1B

Ross RF

Olivo

Amezaga CF

bench jacobs??????????for wat f***in reason lol thats the stupidest thing ive heard. vs. lefties only. hermida w/e i dont mind not seeing him put how many options do we have for right field? borchard .220, ross .232 abercrombie .lol ....centerfield should be amezaga all the time. could helms play right?

Judging by what has been happening in the last few weeks, Jacobs and especially Hermida need to step aside and let Ross and Helms be in the daily starting line up.

Yes, I know that Jacobs and Hermida have great futures, but for now they need to be the bench guys with an occasional start to keep them from getting too rusty and not the other way around. They will have plenty of time to mature into fantastic players........later.

Dude the team is winning let it be! Joe G looks like he knows what he is doing...Let it Be!