What do you think?

Quadruple Play

With the offseason approaching I'd thought I'd ask a few questions. Just to know where everyone stands. I'd like you to choose between one, not the usual "just build it" statement. Opinions people! I'm not expecting essays but I'd like one or two sentences.

• In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007?
  • Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah?
  • Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why?
  • Which site do you prefer? Why?
  • On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you?

• Where do you live? City/County
  • How old are you?
  • Are you a season ticket holder?
  • How many games do you attend a year?
  • How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium?
  • If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof)
  • If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do?

Thanks you all for your responses.

In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007?

Yes.

Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah?

Miami.

Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why?

Downtown Miami. Transportation is huge. Right next to MetroRail/I-95.

Which site do you prefer? Why?

Downtown Miami. Distance is not a factor, but baseball parks belong in the heart of the city. It brings the experience alive.

On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you?

Where do you live? City/County

Boca Raton/Palm Beach

How old are you?

Are you a season ticket holder?

No.

How many games do you attend a year?

Around 10-15.

How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium?

30-40 minutes.

If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof)

Same amount.

If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do?

Same amount.

With the offseason approaching I'd thought I'd ask a few questions. Just to know where everyone stands. I'd like to choose between one, not the usual "just build it" statement. Opinions people! I'm not expecting essays but I'd like one or two sentences.

• In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007?
  • Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why?
  • On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you?

• How old are you?
  • If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof)
  • If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do?

We will have a formalized Stadium Plan by Opening Day 2007 for sure

It will probably be in Hialeah...Miami only has an outside chance at best

In the long run the Hialeah proposal would provide a better experience potential for fans and families. There is soooo much that could be done in that region while a Downtown Arena depends on the infrastructure in place which is significant but Hialeah has almost infinite possibilities

It is obvious I believe a Hialeah Stadium would be better and cheaper therefore much more realistic

A retractable roof is not a whim but an absolute necessity if not retractable than a permanent dome...argh!

I live in the Orlando area

I am 45y/o

A downtown facility would only cause me to go to more games if a reasonable parking plan was developed and if I wouldnt have to take 45 minutes just to get on the freeway after a game. It would have to have a roof of some sort

If it were built in Hialeah i would go to many more games for sure Right now I go to 5-6 games a year I would then go to about 20 games with my 2 boys

With the offseason approaching I'd thought I'd ask a few questions. Just to know where everyone stands. I'd like you to choose between one, not the usual "just build it" statement. Opinions people! I'm not expecting essays but I'd like one or two sentences.

• In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007? YES
  • Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah? DON'T CARE
  • On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you? IT'S A 10, SEE JOSH JOHNSON

• Where do you live? City/County MIAMI SHORES/MIAMI-DADE COUNTY
  • How old are you? TOO OLD
  • Are you a season ticket holder? YES
  • How many games do you attend a year? 50 +/-
  • How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium? 15 MINUTES
  • If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof) SAME
  • If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? SAME

[*]In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007?

no.

[*]Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah?

Miami

[*]Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why?

Miami

[*]Which site do you prefer? Why?

Miami. Downtown stadium will help bring in the after-work crowd. Stadium closer to more heavily populated areas of Miami-Dade will help attendance as well, I think.

[*]On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you?

[*]Where do you live? City/County

Coral Gables / Miami-Dade

[*]How old are you?

[*]Are you a season ticket holder?

yes

[*]How many games do you attend a year?

40 more or less

[*]How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium?

25-35 minutes

[*]If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof)

more

[*]If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do?

same

* In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007? No. I base this on lack of faith in the suits who are in charge of this for the Marlins.

* Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah? If It happens, Hialeah is more likely IMO at this point in time.

* Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why? Downtown Miami. Better for the Marlins due to corporate sales.

* Which site do you prefer? Why? The one that benefits the Marlin's more - Miami.

* On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you? 8. I would not drive the 30-40 minutes it would take to get to a game if clouds are in the area and we have no roof.

* Where do you live? City/County - On Hollywood beach, Broward County.

* How old are you? 24

* Are you a season ticket holder? No

* How many games do you attend a year? Since 1992, an average of 10 games a year.

* How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium? 15-20 minutes

* If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof) Probably about the same, unless they have a roof, in which case it would double.

* If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? Same answer as above.

In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007? No - I really don't think Marlins, MLB and all the SoFla corrupt bastards they have to deal with can get it together. Irrespective of what's been said so far, I would not be in the least bit surprised to see the Marlins at Dolphins Stadium long term.

Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah? *If* anything ever happens, it will be Miami.

Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why? Miami. More of an impulse setting and more flashy than Hialeah and 'flash' sells.

Which site do you prefer? Why? Miami - as above.

On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you? 10. How many games will it save? Not that many, but it will ease people's perceptions.

Where do you live? City/County Pembroke PinesHow old are you? 37

Are you a season ticket holder? Yes, partial

How many games do you attend a year? around 25

How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium? 20mins

If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof) Around the same. I just don't have the free time to go to any more.

If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? ditto.

I don't know.

Miami

Miami. Corporate sales and whatnot.

Downtown. Only one bus needed to get there for me.

8. Not only is it needed for the monsoon season, but it's too cool-looking to pass up.

Westchester(Dade), Fla

• How old are you?
    22 (23 in less than a month.)

Not yet.

Very few (Poor and no car.)

Depends. I haven't quite clocked it though.

More.

More.

* In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007? Yes

* Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah? Hialeah

* Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why? Miami, corporate sales.

* Which site do you prefer? Why? Miami, because ballparks should be built downtown in most cases.

* On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you? 11

* Where do you live? Miami Lakes

* How old are you?

* Are you a season ticket holder? no

* How many games do you attend a year? 15-20

* How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium? 20 minutes

* If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof) Less

* If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? More

* In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007? Yes

* Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah? Miami

* Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why? Miami, because downtown brings corporate tickets, office workers, celebrities, densely populated Miami/Miami Beach/South Dade, and casual fans who are looking for a night out in the city. Hialeah has many of the same problems as Dolphin Stadium, especially the middle-of-nowhere location and giant parking lots.

* Which site do you prefer? Why? Miami, downtown will clearly be more fun, there will be pregame and postgame bars surrounding the stadium.

* On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you? 0

* Where do you live? South Beach

* How old are you? 25

* Are you a season ticket holder? no

* How many games do you attend a year? 8 to 10

* How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium? 30-40 minutes weeknights

* If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof) Way more, with or without roof

* If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? Same

In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007?

No

Miami

Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why?

Miami. More people with better access.

Miami - see above

On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you?

4. It would be nice but right now the stadium is the most important thing.

City of Williamsburg, Virginia.

How old are you?

Twenty.

No.

A couple road games in the Mid-Atlantic area.

A days drive plus a few more hours.

If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof)

Won't change how many I go to.

If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do?

Doesn't matter.

[*]In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007? Probably not, but I wouldn't be shocked

[*]Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah?Don't care, but I've heard it's Miami or bust now

[*]Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why?Anything but Miami Arena 2.0

[*]Which site do you prefer? Why?No preference

[*]On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you? 50

• Where do you live? City/County Palm Beach Island
  • How old are you? 21
  • Are you a season ticket holder?yes
  • How many games do you attend a year?50 or so at home, 6-10 on the road
  • How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium?Around 45 mins
  • If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof) I'd go regardless
  • If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do?I'd go regardless

• In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007?A MOU for an exclusive period of negotiations, maybe, but a MOU for an stadium agreement, I doubt it
  • Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah?Hialeah has fewer obstacles but for some crazy reason I think Miami may end up pulling it off if given enough time
  • Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why?Miami. For the same reasons that downtown stadiums work better than suburban stadiums everywhere else in MLB
  • Which site do you prefer? Why?Downtown for your sake (and mine when I come to visit). Because downtown is where it's at

• Sounds pretty important for you guys, so I'll give it an 8
  • Where do you live? City/CountyNear Portland, Oregon
  • How old are you?Old
  • Are you a season ticket holder?No
  • How many games do you attend a year?15-20, between spring training and various regular season games in Seattle and across the country. Plus XM and MLB Ticket.
  • How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium?6+ hour flight, plus however long it takes from the airport.
  • If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof) I'd go to more regardless of the roof since I love going to newer stadiums.
  • If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do?More

• How old are you?

1. Yes

2. Miami

3. Downtown Miami. Having a stadium in the downtown area will have more economic benefits

4. 10

5. Miami/Dade County

6. 16

7. No

8. 5-8

9. 45 minutes

10. More

11. More

[*]In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007?

Unfortunately, no.

[*]Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah?

Neither. I believe there is no desire on the part of South Florida taxpayers to subsidize a stadium and, therefore, I think the franchise will move by 2010. I hope I am wrong.

[*]Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why?

Downtown Miami will get better attendance, more corporate sales, (if properly located) will present a better image of the community, etc.

[*]Which site do you prefer? Why?

Downtown Miami. reasons above.

[*]On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you?

To me, no big deal. For the franchise, it's important.

Miami-Dade

• How old are you?

Yes.

25-30 personally, watch almost all 162.

Can vary tremendously depending upon traffic.

Same. But getting me to go is easy. We need more fans to attend.

Less. Less convenient, less attractive location. But better than not having baseball at all.

It's hard to stay optimistic, but yes.

Miami

I think they are pretty even, but I'd go with Miami. I think the Metrorail is going to bring a lot more fans to the ballpark. Also, people can get off work in downtown, and just get over to the stadium to avoid traffic.

Miami. It's easier for me to get to, especially with the Metrorail being 5 minutes from my house.

South Miami

How old are you?

No

10 or so

Nearly an hour on the weekdays, about 15 minutes on weekends.

I'd definitely go to more games with the roof...I'd probalby get one of those tickets packages.

With the roof, I'd still go to more games...without the roof, it'd probably be about the same as it is now.

• No
  • Don't know, maybe neither
  • Miami, due to location
  • Hialeah, proximity
  • Weston, Broward
  • How old are you?
  • No
  • 15-20
  • 25 minutes
  • less games
  • same or more

Yes

Hialeah

Hialeah - The infrastructure will better support the stadium and the heights location is far more convienient from anyone not actually near downtown

Hialeah - same reasons as above

10, rain is my primary detterrent to season ticket ownership

Fort Lauderdale / Broward

How old are you?

Not now, I was until 2004

10 or so now, 40-50 while I was a season ticket holder

15 minutes + traffic for popular games

More with a roof

Less without

More regardless, significantly more with a roof

--- No unless MLB gets Loria out of the way.

--- Miami

--- Miami. Higher corporate sales, higher walk-up sales than the middle of nowhere. The public transportation available in downtown should be viewed as a positive but apparently Loria views it as a negative.

--- Miami because it's by far the better location for Miami-Dade residents and they are the ones footing most of the bill. Downtown is centrally located for Miami-Dade residents but the middle of nowhere location is not and a downtown stadium would provide much more of an economic boost to the County than a stadium in the middle of nowhere. Miami would also be better for the Marlins (see above).

--- Miami (right by downtown)

How old are you?

--- No

--- About 15 to 20

--- Weeknights from Doral (work) about 40 minutes. Weekends from home 20 - 25 minutes.

--- More either way

--- More