Dontrelle Willis should never be traded

TheDon

First Marlins pitcher to hit 2 HR's in one game

beast

Just a hair away from a complete game and a couple of homers? Dontrelle just doing his thing. He dominates the Mets, the team that figures to be our biggest division rival for years to come. And people want to trade this guy --- some even say to the METS? Lock him up in a long term deal.

Something we're overlooking here is that he is a workhorse. He's not afraid to complete a game with 120 pitches, and with the bullpen we have, that's a good thing. You really never know how erratic young pitchers could be, and it's a blessing to see D-Train as the next day's probable pitcher when the bullpen has been expended for a couple straight nights.

I'd like to trade him for one reason: he deserves better than this. Dontrelle is the type of player--and person--that should be pitching in front of sellouts, posing for billboard shoots and like owning a city. He really is taken for granted in a place like Miami. Imagine how much fun it would be to watch him in a real baseball town.

I'd like to trade him for one reason: he deserves better than this. Dontrelle is the type of player--and person--that should be pitching in front of sellouts, posing for billboard shoots and like owning a city. He really is taken for granted in a place like Miami. Imagine how much fun it would be to watch him in a real baseball town.

I agree that we take him for granted. He SHOULD be as beloved as the guy we call Flash... Both are incredible to watch, both brought us a Championship. Cabrera and Willis should both be on billboards and in Gatorade commercials with the likes of A-Rod, Jeter, Peyton Manning, and Dwyane Wade...

I agree that we take him for granted. He SHOULD be as beloved as the guy we call Flash... Both are incredible to watch, both brought us a Championship. Cabrera and Willis should both be on billboards and in Gatorade commercials with the likes of A-Rod, Jeter, Peyton Manning, and Dwyane Wade...

Definitley... if Dontrelle played in a big time baseball town, he'd be so bigtime. The man would be on tv more than Maury Povich.

How much are the mets salivating at the thought of owning Dontrelle in his possible PRIME.

Enough to fork over Mike Pelphrey and Lastings Milledge?

If so, done deal.

I love Dontrelle more than Buffalo Wings, but we have to know what works for us.

Unfortunately, young arms that throw over 200 innings every single year, DON"T HOLD UP.

Marlins are not an organization that can afford to LOSE Dontrelle without getting an amazing return.

Or maybe he'll buck every trend of young pitchers of the last 20 years and never get hurt.

How much are the mets salivating at the thought of owning Dontrelle in his possible PRIME.

If so, done deal.

I love Dontrelle more than Buffalo Wings, but we have to know what works for us.

Unfortunately, young arms that throw over 200 innings every single year, DON"T HOLD UP.

Marlins are not an organization that can afford to LOSE Dontrelle without getting an amazing return.

Or maybe he'll buck every trend of young pitchers of the last 20 years and never get hurt.

remember that pitcher the mets traded away because they thought he was going to blow out his arm

I flip/flop on this issue so much...we could seriously rape a team like the Mets or Yanks for him, because his value in a big-market city is so much more than just his numbers. Unfortunately, those teams can't really offer us what we want (the Mets aren't trading Pelfrey). And, I don't think teams like the Angels/Dodgers, etc. would overpay for him just because he's a PR dream.

I would love to keep him forever, but the reality is we won't be able to realistically hold onto him for the long-term. I'd rather lock Cabs up too. So, I think the best thing to do is to openly offer him up about a month before the trade deadline next year, and see who can give us the most. The Yanks/Mets/Dodgers/Angels shoud all be in the race...and there will always be a suprise team chasing for a division or WC that might sell its organizational soul to have D-Train during the race. It's like cutting your arm off to save your life...but that is the reality of being a Marlins fan.

If so, done deal.

remember that pitcher the mets traded away because they thought he was going to blow out his arm

Yes Scott Kazmir, currently on the DL,

If so, done deal.

We need a CF and bullpen help.

Pelfrey and Thrilledge do not fall within our needs

If so, done deal.

A projected #2 starter and a super-toolsy and young CFer don't fall within our need? Isn't that exactly what we're looking for?

If so, done deal.

A projected #2 starter and a super-toolsy and young CFer don't fall within our need? Isn't that exactly what we're looking for?

Milledge isn't as ready as most were forecasting.

Do we really want to have two outfield projects in Hermida and then Milledge?