Bonds ties National League home run record

MVPosey

MILWAUKEE -- Giants slugger Barry Bonds hit career homer 733 on Friday night at Miller Park, tying Hank Aaron for the National League's all-time home run record.

The blast off Milwaukee reliever Chris Spurling in the sixth inning was Bonds' 25th four-bagger of the season and leaves him 22 homers shy of Aaron's Major League mark of 755 career homers. Hammerin' Hank also slugged 22 homers over two seasons with the American League Milwaukee Brewers in 1975-76.

Bonds, who boasts 557 homers in a Giants uniform, has been on an offensive tear over his last 26 games, hitting .400 with nine homers, and he had already doubled twice and driven in three runs prior to the three-run shot off Spurling.

The blast boosted the Giants into an 11-10 lead, and Bonds' six RBIs tied a season high for San Francisco.

Spurling became the 433rd pitcher to allow a homer to Bonds.

Although hitting just .273 overall, improved health -- especially in his knees -- has meant a sturdier platform at the plate, where Bonds can use his legs and arms in a powerful symmetry.

Bonds' homer was his ninth clout in his last 20 games.

Great accomplishment BIG GUY. Man break hammerin' hanks record, I have your rookie card make me rich!

Me too. A friend of my mom's inherited about a million (literally) baseball cards and I went through most of them and I found rookies of McGwire, Canseco, Bonds...it's awesome

I don't want to see Barry break the record but if he does, I'll be swimming in money (maybe literally)

Ichiro should have a star next to his name for the single season hits record too, but nobody cares. A record is a record.. with or without the asterisk... Give it up and enjoy watching a piece of baseball history.

Why Ichiro? He knows how to hit, he can make contact in so many ways from line drives to slaps to bunt and infield singles. He also didn't go from ethiopian to hulk in a matter of a few years

I don't trust Barry, he is like Terrel Owens, he tries to make up sob stories to get people on his side and make himself seem justified despite what everyone else says. Until he can prove himself with out a doubt that he didn't take steroids, I will never cheer on his goal of disrespecting and spitting in the face of Hank Aaron and his record.

Question.

Did Hank Aaron hit against pitchers who took performance enhancing drugs?

Ichiro should have a star next to his name for the single season hits record too, but nobody cares. A record is a record.. with or without the asterisk... Give it up and enjoy watching a piece of baseball history.

Why Ichiro? He knows how to hit, he can make contact in so many ways from line drives to slaps to bunt and infield singles. He also didn't go from ethiopian to hulk in a matter of a few years

I don't trust Barry, he is like Terrel Owens, he tries to make up sob stories to get people on his side and make himself seem justified despite what everyone else says. Until he can prove himself with out a doubt that he didn't take steroids, I will never cheer on his goal of disrespecting and spitting in the face of Hank Aaron and his record.

Guilty until proven innocent?

:blink:

Question.

Did Hank Aaron hit against pitchers who took performance enhancing drugs?

Guilty until proven innocent?

:blink:

I guess he doesn't think so. :lol . But I do agree with everything he said.