Tables have turned

This is so sad. I remember how in '03 and '04 how we just used to destroy the Sillies and now, unfortunately, they are giving us a taste of our own medicine. I'm sure before '03 they had our number too, but now it is too painful to take. Hopefully next year we'll turn it back around and stick it to them. If we hadn't lost so many games within our divisions maybe we'd be in line to make the playoffs, so it has to start somewhere, and it has to be by beating these bastards.

How can you say things will go back to normal?? What is normal? the Phillies (along with the Marlins) have a very bright future with Hamels, Howard, Utley, Rollins, Rowand, etc, and if they don't make the playoffs this year, could very well be there next year.

Go Phils!!!

On paper both teams have a bright future. But the Phillies have had a bright future for the last century. The team always manages to choke like stinking dogs when it counts. My theory is it's the effect of the miserable booing fans all season long in Philly.

"On paper both teams have a bright future. But the Phillies have had a bright future for the last century. The team always manages to choke like stinking dogs when it counts. My theory is it's the effect of the miserable booing fans all season long in Philly"

I think any fanbase in their right mind would boo at some point when their team hasn't made the playoffs in 13 years. And by the way, averaging 35,000 fans a game would help a team a lot more than having 14,000.

"On paper both teams have a bright future. But the Phillies have had a bright future for the last century. The team always manages to choke like stinking dogs when it counts. My theory is it's the effect of the miserable booing fans all season long in Philly"

I think any fanbase in their right mind would boo at some point when their team hasn't made the playoffs in 13 years. And by the way, averaging 35,000 fans a game would help a team a lot more than having 14,000.

14,000 supportive fans > 35,000 boo birds

The Phillies certainly destroyed the Marlins before 2003 if I remember correctly.

Yeah, this is what all the new fans forget, we only owned them for a two and a half year period (2003 until they killed us in '05).

Before that, we couldn't beat them for sh*t, and just off the top of my head, they ended our season more than any other team (5 game sweep, 10 run inning, turning us into their punching bags this season) in seasons in which we were at some point legitimately in contention.

The Cubs and flurry of other teams that draw a lot more than us and haven't won anything in decades beg to differ.

Philadelphia Phillies, 26 time Last Place Champions

And by the way, averaging 35,000 fans a game would help a team a lot more than having 14,000.

Nice one. I'd rather have a crowd of 14,000 TRUE fans at the game than 35,000 booing the hell out of their OWN team (so loud that your can hear it on tv). I wonder how the players feel about that? Hmm. Such a classy thing to do, don't ya agree?! :thumbup

BTW: I was there during April-May when the Marlins were horrendous-- they blew leads, made errors, etc. and not once did I boo. But then again, Im not from Philadelphia.

The Cubs and flurry of other teams that draw a lot more than us and haven't won anything in decades beg to differ.

Philadelphia Phillies, 26 time Last Place Champions

awesome...just awesome...PH*CK THE PHILLIES...on the bright side...i bet we could kick their ass in golf(starting monday)