Do the Marlins have a place for a 28 y/o rookie who can just flat out

Eddie Altamonte

The Marlins a few years back drafted a player fron California as their overall #1 draft pick, who was traded away. Would it be funny that his older brother would be the one maybe ends up playing for the Marlins? Adrian Gonzalez older brother Edgar V Gonzalez is argueably the best hitter in the Marlins farm system. He has hit everywhere he has played. His only downside is that he as a baseball prospect is close to Social Security at the age of 28. Gonzalez could become a modern day version of Roy Hobbs (without the Homers unfortunately) He is a hitting savant but what do the Marlins do with him? He plays 2nd base where Dan Uggla has staked a permanent claim for that job... Make him an outfielder? How much time would he need to play the position. Make him a pinchhitter deluxe? Anyone remember Rich Renteria? ...Would that be a waste of his ability? Edgar Gonzalez is doing everything to deserve consideration for a spot on the 25 man roster. He will be hoping to add a twist to upcoming spring training

link

No, that's not a misprint on his age. He is really 28 years old and I don't care. The older brother of Adrian Gonzalez absolutely abused minor league pitchers this year, hitting a combined .327/.401/.502 with Jupiter, Carolina and Albuquerque. He hit 13 homers with a 55bb/87k ratio. There is probably no real spot for him with the Marlins but you never know, right? Maybe he can make the team out of camp in the spring. He has real solid career numbers too, I wonder why he has never gotten a major league look before.

There's got to be a reason he has never reached the majors. I'm obviously not against looking at him out of camp as a reserve, though.

Sounds remarkably like general comments regarding Dan Uggla last winter.

Funny thing is if you read stories from the WBC, some referred to his defense as "stellar". I guess it's all relative. :mischief2