Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gary Sheffield

Featured Replies

Why would Gary Sheffield put butts in the seats????

Why would Gary Sheffield put butts in the seats????

 

Established history.

 

At any given game there are still at least a handful of visible Sheffield jerseys.

Sheffield = Not good chemistry wise for the 2007 team.

 

Meh, chemistry's only as good as the most recent winning streak.

Sheffield = Not good chemistry wise for the 2007 team.

 

Meh, chemistry's only as good as the most recent winning streak.

He's also doesn't have enough heart :|

Sheffield = Not good chemistry wise for the 2007 team.

 

Meh, chemistry's only as good as the most recent winning streak.

He's also doesn't have enough heart :|

I think the opposite. Sheffield is an exciting player, I think he plays hard and with a passion for the game. He speaks his mind, which I admire, but that sometimes gets him into trouble.

I think the opposite. Sheffield is an exciting player, I think he plays hard and with a passion for the game. He speaks his mind, which I admire, but that sometimes gets him into trouble.

 

same here well put

- Wants an extension

- Primadonna

- Can't play CF

 

Did I miss anything? Pass.

 

Yea ya did.

-Injury prone

-Racist

-Whiner

-Far too much baggage

I say we call him up and just laugh hysterically into the phone. Then hang up and block his number.

- Wants an extension

- Primadonna

- Can't play CF

 

Did I miss anything? Pass.

 

Yea ya did.

-Injury prone

-Racist

-Whiner

-Far too much baggage

I say we call him up and just laugh hysterically into the phone. Then hang up and block his number.

He used to be injury prone, but since 2001 he has had 482+ at bats each since but 2006 when he had a freak injury.

 

And for those who don't know, do you mind providing links to him and whining and show where he is a racist?

I would love it if he came back. I grew up a huge Sheffield fan and I fondly remember the "Gary! Gary!" chants in Game 2 of the '97 World Series after he was hit by a pitch. I would love to hear him take to the plate to the Imperial Death March for one last season.

If we are going to give him 13 million a year for the next 2-3 years why not just give it to bonds instead?

 

Bonds would actually put butts into the seat, much better then Sheff would.

If we are going to give him 13 million a year for the next 2-3 years why not just give it to bonds instead?

 

Bonds would actually put butts into the seat, much better then Sheff would.

 

Sheff's definitely got more than 1 year left in the tank, Barry not so much.

 

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it makes fiscal sense for us, unless you're suggesting giving the $39 million you think Sheff'd cost to Bonds in a one or two year deal, in which case I think it's borderline insanity.

 

The only reason you mention Bonds in the same sentence as the Marlins is that he's an aging player who'd be amenable to a one year deal and we're the only NL club aside from the Giants who'd be crazy enough to offer him a spot in the field, not just as a DH.

 

Also, FWIW, bringing back Gary means that if he goes into the hall, it'll be as a Marlin, not a Dodger (although, there was little doubt, this'll cement it).

I wouldn't sign Sheffield for 100,000 a year. He's a selfish egotisical jerk. Two words: Clubhouse Poision

 

You know he was on the 1997 World Series team, right? Did he poison the "chemistry" then? When he was with the Marlins he was crushing baseballs over the fence to your delight.

 

I don't want Shef on the team either mainly because he is too old and may not be productive enough to warrant 13 million dollars. His character, or the snapshots of his character you get from the media, is about the last thing you should look at in judging the worth of a baseball player.

 

You wanna put people in seats? Move the team to a city that actually cares about baseball

:rolleyes:

That was pretty funny.

I'd take Barry or Sheff for a year. I highly doubt that we go after either, unfortunately our opinion doesn't matter..but it's still fun to dream and speculate.

- Wants an extension

- Primadonna

- Can't play CF

 

Did I miss anything? Pass.

 

Yea ya did.

-Injury prone

-Racist

-Whiner

-Far too much baggage

I say we call him up and just laugh hysterically into the phone. Then hang up and block his number.

He used to be injury prone, but since 2001 he has had 482+ at bats each since but 2006 when he had a freak injury.

 

And for those who don't know, do you mind providing links to him and whining and show where he is a racist?

Sheff is well known for his racial comments. For instance, when he he was interviewed by ESPN concerning the Sosa corked bat incident he said the only reason Sosa was suspended was because of the color of his skin. He said a white player would never get a suspension because of a corked bat. That's just one in many.

And if anyone isn't familiar with his whinning then they just close their ears every time he speaks.

Keep this cancer out of South Florida.

You wanna put people in seats? Move the team to a city that actually cares about baseball

Kiss my Teal Ass!

 

If we are going to give him 13 million a year for the next 2-3 years why not just give it to bonds instead?

 

Bonds would actually put butts into the seat, much better then Sheff would.

Sorry but I don't even want Barry Bonds visting Florida let alone playing for the Marlins

You wanna put people in seats? Move the team to a city that actually cares about baseball

Kiss my Teal Ass!

:notworthy :lol

While we are at it, let's bring Bobby Bo back, Bring Mr. Marlin, grab Alex Fernandez out of retirement. Bring tony, livan, kevin brown, and al lieter back. Oh yeah let's invite Darren Daulton, Devon White, Moises Alou, Charles johnson Jay Powell, Felix HEredia, Antonio Alfonseca, robb nen, dennis cook, pat rapp BACK! Also let's trade Miguel Cabrera for Craig Counsell for the second base slot since we already will have bobby covering third! My point is... We cannot live in the past, we are rebuilding for the future! Sheff is not on the menu, LIVE WITH IT! We don't need him. He is a great player, might have a couple of years left in his tank, but the sincere truth is you can't mix a bunch of young guys trying to learn new habits, with a guy like sheff who won't listen to the coaching staff! It'll create bad habits we don't need! Proceed with our rebuilding project, we'll win next year anyway!

While we are at it, let's bring Bobby Bo back, Bring Mr. Marlin, grab Alex Fernandez out of retirement. Bring tony, livan, kevin brown, and al lieter back. Oh yeah let's invite Darren Daulton, Devon White, Moises Alou, Charles johnson Jay Powell, Felix HEredia, Antonio Alfonseca, robb nen, dennis cook, pat rapp BACK! Also let's trade Miguel Cabrera for Craig Counsell for the second base slot since we already will have bobby covering third! My point is... We cannot live in the past, we are rebuilding for the future! Sheff is not on the menu, LIVE WITH IT! We don't need him. He is a great player, might have a couple of years left in his tank, but the sincere truth is you can't mix a bunch of young guys trying to learn new habits, with a guy like sheff who won't listen to the coaching staff! It'll create bad habits we don't need! Proceed with our rebuilding project, we'll win next year anyway!

 

You just contradicted yourself, and your opening ramble is very very flawed.

I've lost all respect for Gary Sheffield and his spoiled self...now Sammy Sosa wants to come back also!

 

Baseball is doing a great job of cleaning up the game. It'll be great when Sosa, Sheff, and Bonds are gone forever.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.