Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins interest in Kim?

Featured Replies

The A's, Dodgers and Marlins are showing interest in Byung-Hyun Kim, according to FOXSports.com.

 

Oakland would acquire him as a starter, while the Dodgers and Marlins are reportedly interested in him as a reliever. According to the report, the Rockies could ask for Mark Hendrickson back from the Dodgers. The Marlins would likely let him contend for the closer's role if they acquired him.

 

I don't know what the Rockies would want for the guy, but you have some pretty good GM's chasing him right now. I think he'd be a guy who would really be helped by DS. I guess we need to add him to the long potential closer list...

no. I remember when he pitched for the Red Sox. I have a friend who is a season ticket holder for the rockies, he said kim is horrible. they call him "dum-dum kim".

Why not? Look at what happened with all the other closers who came here.

put the money to someone else

 

we have better arms in our camp right now

When I hear or see a rumor like this the first things that cross my mind are "is this agent driven?" and "is this part of a bigger deal?".

 

In this case what immediately came to mind was a blurb I read in the last few days about Cory Sullivan being expendable but frankly it doesn't take more than a moment to realize Kim and Sullivan at a combined $3.5 million is too high a price to pay for so little talent, not to mention roster spots.

I like BK's pitching style. He didn't scare Bonds' new homer record.

 

Take him to Marlins? I say "OK", but we don't have much money indeed.

Why not? Look at what happened with all the other closers who came here.

 

Yeah, and the ones who had success here were former big time closers who resurrected their careers. Remember Kim, when was he great? Anyways, I am for adding him, but not as the closer.

The A's, Dodgers and Marlins are showing interest in Byung-Hyun Kim, according to FOXSports.com.

 

Oakland would acquire him as a starter, while the Dodgers and Marlins are reportedly interested in him as a reliever. According to the report, the Rockies could ask for Mark Hendrickson back from the Dodgers. The Marlins would likely let him contend for the closer's role if they acquired him.

 

I don't know what the Rockies would want for the guy, but you have some pretty good GM's chasing him right now. I think he'd be a guy who would really be helped by DS. I guess we need to add him to the long potential closer list...

 

I'd rather shoot myself in the head.

At least it's not Sunny Kim.

Why not? Look at what happened with all the other closers who came here.

put the money to someone else

 

we have better arms in our camp right now

 

 

I agree with Ramp... we have at least arms who would do a decent job closing, maybe even a great job.

 

We need to save our money for an OF deal, somewhere in the coming months.

 

I don't think it is likely for Ross to make camp, so I would expect him and a pitching prospect or 2 going for a halfway decent CF somewhere. We could clear Ross's salary and save a million bucks by sticking with what we have in the relief department.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.