Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carlos Martinez Update

Featured Replies

Noteworthy: Right-hander Carlos Martinez is making progress as he recovers from elbow surgery. He threw off a mound over the weekend and hopes to join the team some time near the All-Star break.

 

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/conte...notes_0410.html

 

Great News! I love our current bullpen. With him back omg. :evil

 

Still gotta be cautious, he's still got a while to go in his recovery.

When he, Tank, JJ, & Ricky are healthy, I really do have to wonder who will have to go (besides Mitre).

 

But then that's assuming none of them get hurt, which I figure will happen inevitably.

why does everyone hate on this guy, our defence cost us that opening game, not mitre. Last year before he went down, he was our best SP too.

 

Aside from that, our bull pen seems nasty, I love Owens crazy Keith Foulke/Ken Ray delivery!

When he, Tank, JJ, & Ricky are healthy, I really do have to wonder who will have to go (besides Mitre).

 

But then that's assuming none of them get hurt, which I figure will happen inevitably.

why does everyone hate on this guy, our defence cost us that opening game, not mitre. Last year before he went down, he was our best SP too.

 

Aside from that, our bull pen seems nasty, I love Owens crazy Keith Foulke/Ken Ray delivery!

OMG whe Mitre went down he was not by any way or form our best pither. Maybe in bizarro world

I was starting to wonder about K-Mart. Maybe after Julio blows a couple more and by the All-Star break we can make room for him. Just hope he has similar stuff to before he got hurt. I am not all sold on Owens yet. He seems to have command problems but I know it is early.

I'm almost postive Mitre will be sent down when Martinez comes back, if not sooner, considering the multitude of upper level starters we have ready for the majors and the fact that the Marlins FO knows that Mitre sucks.

 

 

Sarcasm.

why does everyone hate on this guy, our defence cost us that opening game, not mitre. Last year before he went down, he was our best SP too.

 

Aside from that, our bull pen seems nasty, I love Owens crazy Keith Foulke/Ken Ray delivery!

I don't hate on Mitre. I actually really like him, and think he gets a bum rap on this board. That said, if Willis, JJ, Olsen, Sanchez, & Nolasco are all healthy, he doesn't have a job to do here. Unless they were to move Nolasco to closer. Because otherwise there are 5 better starting pitchers on this team. He could be the 6th man in the rotation if need be later down the stretch, but he's not better than the other 5 IMO.

I do think he was screwed last year by being rushed back after his injury.

Maybe if you don't count Dontrelle. Remember we did begin the season with a rotation that included the likes of Jason Vargas & Brian Moehler along with a less-focused Scott Olsen. Our first win last season came behind Mitre pitching shutout innings in Houston. And at that point, even when he struggled, the defense wasn't doing the rotation any favors.

He'll likely be in the minors and the team wont rush him back. If anything he'll be a september call up unless he's blowing hitters away in the minors and bullpen help is needed then there's a slim chance he can be back with the big club earlier than September.

Carlos wont really be back until next spring.

thats kinda what i figured too...this year should be all about getting his arm healthy...not trying to worry about finishing games

Carlos wont really be back until next spring.

thats kinda what i figured too...this year should be all about getting his arm healthy...not trying to worry about finishing games

I don't think anyone's saying he should close. Even if he was healthy now, I'm not sure that's he's proven enough yet in the majors. But he would be another good arm to have if-and-when someone else goes down.

Carlos wont really be back until next spring.

thats kinda what i figured too...this year should be all about getting his arm healthy...not trying to worry about finishing games

I don't think anyone's saying he should close. Even if he was healthy now, I'm not sure that's he's proven enough yet in the majors. But he would be another good arm to have if-and-when someone else goes down.

oh yeah right on...while we dont have alot of long inning guys...c-mart's stuff is electric...he has the ability to make mlb hitters look like little leaguers...cant wait to have him back, but i want him back at full health...none of this mike hampton stuff

Rehab should be hisa only concern this year and nothing else

Absolutely, he should not be rushed to come back at all. Honestly I really don't expect to see him until next season.

why does everyone hate on this guy, our defence cost us that opening game, not mitre. Last year before he went down, he was our best SP too.

 

Aside from that, our bull pen seems nasty, I love Owens crazy Keith Foulke/Ken Ray delivery!

I don't hate on Mitre. I actually really like him, and think he gets a bum rap on this board. That said, if Willis, JJ, Olsen, Sanchez, & Nolasco are all healthy, he doesn't have a job to do here. Unless they were to move Nolasco to closer. Because otherwise there are 5 better starting pitchers on this team. He could be the 6th man in the rotation if need be later down the stretch, but he's not better than the other 5 IMO.

I do think he was screwed last year by being rushed back after his injury.

Nolasco > Mitre isnt a foregone conclusion at this point. If Mitre performs while Ricky is on the DL they wouldnt take him out.

Maybe if you don't count Dontrelle. Remember we did begin the season with a rotation that included the likes of Jason Vargas & Brian Moehler along with a less-focused Scott Olsen. Our first win last season came behind Mitre pitching shutout innings in Houston. And at that point, even when he struggled, the defense wasn't doing the rotation any favors.

 

Dontrelle kind of stunk at the beggining of last year, Mitre was outperforming him and I think thats what he was referring to.

When he, Tank, JJ, & Ricky are healthy, I really do have to wonder who will have to go (besides Mitre).

 

But then that's assuming none of them get hurt, which I figure will happen inevitably.

why does everyone hate on this guy, our defence cost us that opening game, not mitre. Last year before he went down, he was our best SP too.

 

Aside from that, our bull pen seems nasty, I love Owens crazy Keith Foulke/Ken Ray delivery!

 

To get off topic, Owens' arm motion makes me think of Billy Wagner.

 

And If K-Mart could be back in August, good grief for the rest of the NL.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.