Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who did you root for?

Featured Replies

I had just recently moved to the States for the first time and did not follow baseball pre-Marlins.

 

You?

I grew up in Florida as a Yankees fan which I inherited from my mom. Began following the Marlins as my NL Team since they play in my home state.

I followed the White Sox since there AA team was in my town and though I'm a Bama fan they had 2 big Auburn football names in Big Frank Thomas, who played TE his freshman year, and Bo Jackson.

Growing up in Winter Haven the former spring training home of the Red Sox, the Sox moved to Ft. Myers for ST in 93 the same year the Marlins showed up so it was easy to switch teams. The Sox are still my AL team.

growing up in Miami, i was a NYY fan before 1993 due to them training in Fort Lauderdale

 

I remember going to Ft. Lauderdale to see NYY Spring Training too. That was before Steinbrenner built the facility in Tampa. Also went to Vero since my dad was a huge Dodgers' fan.

i didnt really have a favorite team...although "major league" gave me a reason to always the check the indians score...but i was a big fan of ruben sierra, steve sax, george brett, and tony gwynn back in the day

My uncle lived in Illinois, so it made me a rabid Cubs fan in the 1980s! I cried when the ball went through "Bull" Durham's legs in the 1984 NLCS and then again when Don Zimmer removed Mike Bielecki in 1989 to have Mitch Williams face Will Clark in the NLCS. I taped the first "official" night game at Wrigley Field (8/9/88) vs. the Mets and loved it when the Bleacher Bums spilled beer all over Lenny Dykstra during that historic event (remember, folks, the first ever night game at Wrigley on 8/8/88 vs. Philadelphia was rained out, making the next night vs. the Mets the first "official" night game!).

 

I was teased as a kid for being a Cub fan. All of the neighborhood kids would wonder why I rooted for such a loser. They were all Mets, Yankees, and Dodgers fans. But I held my own, and still to this day, consider Ryne Sandberg and Rick Sutcliffe two of my favorite baseball players of all time!

Did not follow baseball before '93. I was only 5 at the time. I'm curious to know how those who are younger than me (Cape, B4P) rooted for a team before the Marlins unless you were from out of state.

Orioles, still root for them, even though it's becoming hard with Angeles as owner.

 

 

Braves

Ok kids, I'd like to know how you had a favorite team at the tender age of 3 or 4 :mischief

I had a favorite team at that age because my parents were rabid baseball fans. My dad had followed the Braves since he was a kid in Cuba and they were in Boston. My mom had grown up blocks away from Bobby Maduro Stadium and all the baseball history that was there.

 

My first rememberable baseball experience came at age 2 or so when my mom took me to the park near our house and pitched some plastic baseballs at me.

 

Marlins came to be in 1993....but I have vivid memories easily dating back to age 2. Breaking your pinky does kinda start a timeline to help. Plus my baby brother was born in 1990, so that was a big event. I remember giving the hallway a new shade of Crayola that morning to celebrate the newest arrival.

Orioles, still root for them, even though it's becoming hard with Angeles as owner.

 

 

Braves

Ok kids, I'd like to know how you had a favorite team at the tender age of 3 or 4 :mischief

It's kinda easy to be indoctorinated into a fanbase at a young age.

The only team on TV everyday were the Braves on TBS. After going to my first game in 1993, I became a FISH FAN!

Grew up a Mets fan. Born and raised in New Jersey and adopted the Mets as my team b/c of my mom and dads love for the Mets. I still remember the 86 World Series like it was yesterday. Just the other day I was cleaning up my closet and found the old Lets Go Mets VHS tape. Good times.

 

 

 

That being said, f*** the Mets.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.