My Ten Favorite Opening Credits

Passion

Here are my personaly favorite opening credits based on how well the opening credits are done, not on the quality of the show. Not suprisingly though, most of these are some of my favorite shows and some of the best TV has to offer.

I left off some shows that just have title sequences (Lost, The Shield, etc) even though I am a fan of those.

Feel free to comment/critique my list and add your own.

10. Law & Order

Song: Dick Wolf - Law & Order Theme

Has to be one of the most well known theme songs of all-time. The ending walk with the police in attorneys is so classic. Never been a big fan of the show to watch it regularly, I like serial dramas, but I do catch the re-runs when I'm not doing anything.

9. Cheers

Song: Gary Portnoy - Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Another extremely well known theme song. The actor names matching up with old style photos of their charachter's counterparts is a great touch. Show had such a great cast.

8. Nip/Tuck

Song: The Engine Room - A Perfect Lie

The opening bass/heartbeat is so awesome. Great selection of song and the sequence matches the mood of the show for real.

7. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Song: The Fresh Prince - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

If you don't know the words to this song you are either under the age of 14 or live under a rock. Here is the long version so you can start practicing.

6. Weeds

Song: Malvina Reynolds - Little Boxes

There is absolutely no better choice to sum up it's anti-suburbia message than this song and or it's opening visuals. Most underrated show going.

5. The Wire

I actually like season 1's version the best but it wasn't on YouTube. This version (season 4) is probably 2nd best. Great shots of the scenery of this show from clips of the actual series. Each season has clips from the previous seasons. The police lights flashing off the blood on the sidewalk from the opening of Season 1 is just an amazing visual.

4. The Wonder Years

Song: Joe Cocker - With A Little Help From My Friends

The best Beatles cover song ever as far as I'm concerned. Perfect opening for this show. Hopefully someday it will come out on DVD.

3. Firefly

Song: Joss Whedon - Firefly

This sequence grew on me big time. I used to never think it was much when I first started to watch the show but after 4-5 episodes the lyrics, pacing, tune all fit so well. Damn you FOX for taking this space western away from us.

2. The Sopranos

Song: Alabama 3 - Woke Up This Morning

Really wanted to make this number 1. So memorable and the song fits perfectly. The shots from parts of the show are so well done and appropriate and commencing with him driving up one of the most well known homes in television history makes it.

1. Rescue Me

Song: The Von Bondies - C'mon C'mon

Perfection.

Six Feet Under is my #1. I'm not sure I have a #2.

People always tell me that and I'm a big Thomas Newman fan so I have the song but since I have not yet started the show I can't put it on the list (obviously).

Watching the Wonder Years clip reminds me that I need to plan a date with Olivia d'Abo. Man I loved her.

My personal favorite-

I had a feeling that was coming. :mischief

People always tell me that and I'm a big Thomas Newman fan so I have the song but since I have not yet started the show I can't put it on the list (obviously).

Watching the Wonder Years clip reminds me that I need to plan a date with Olivia d'Abo. Man I loved her.

whoa,whoa whoa whoa whoa! Holdup...! Out of the girls on The Wonder Years you wanted to date Kevin's sister as your first choice and not Winnie Cooper??? Winnie Cooper man!!!

This is quite a shocking development!

whoa,whoa whoa whoa whoa! Holdup...! Out of the girls on The Wonder Years you wanted to date Kevin's sister as your first choice and not Winnie Cooper??? Winnie Cooper man!!!

This is quite a shocking development!

I'll always have a thing for Danica but...

I'll add Rome to the list.

For as good as Rome was (Season 1 was nearly as good as it gets) I thought that opening was extremely underwhelming. Did nothing for me.

dexter.. good stuff.

Love the weeds opening.. great great show. god i love the main chick.. best eyes of all time.

Hey dude... lmao. blast from the effin past.

Can i get a saved by the bell anyone. im pretty sure 98% of the world knows the words to that song

Good calls on most of these.

My favorite one is probably from House, M.D. The song is "Teardrop" from Massive Attack and Portishead, it's amazing.

I always thought Scrubs had a good one although it's simple.

(This is the extended version)

I like the song in Grey's Anatomy's ("Cosy In The Rocket" PSAPP) and if you watch the show, it makes sense.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.