With July 31st closing in..

Here are a couple of players that can fill in the holes we have on our team. Although most of these guys aren't going anywhere, some might have a shot at getting traded as their teams are out of contention.

Realistically we could have a shot at getting Patterson or Lofton as CF's, my opinion we stay with Amezaga. Pitching wise, with all the injuries our staff has had we should go after a SP to Fortify our starting 5. With the Sox 13 out in the AL Central i see Buehrle moving out East or staying with the Sox and signing when the season's over.

Center Fielders

Ichiro Suzuki

Andruw Jones

Torii Hunter

Eric Byrnes

Corey Patterson

Milton Bradley

Aaron Rowand

Mike Cameron

Kenny Lofton

Starting Pitchers

Carlos Zambrano

Curt Schilling

Jason Jennings

Freddy Garcia

Kenny Rogers

Mark Buehrle

Jon Lieber

Bartolo Colon

Joe Kennedy

Tomo Ohka

John Thomson

Kip Wells

Wade Miller

Livan Hernandez

Randy Wolf- $9MM club option for '08

Paul Byrd- $8MM club option for '08

Jeff Weaver

Tom Glavine- $9MM player option for '08

Kris Benson- $7.5MM club option for '08

Jaret Wright

David Wells

Eric Milton

Kyle Lohse

Matt Clement

Rodrigo Lopez

Josh Fogg

Odalis Perez- $9MM club option for '08

Brett Tomko- $4.5MM mutual option for '08

how come none of our players are on that list on their way out?

I know.Kim belongs on that list, i didn't add him because he's already a Fish. I mean most of the people there are going nowhere anyways since their in a team that's in contention, but there's always possibilities.

and yes, Matt Clement is a very attractive piece. Keep him with your Sox, he should be back soon. I heard he threw off a mound on Saturday. Good Stuff :p

six words

Adam Jones. Jeff Clement. Go Mariners.

Sounds good to me, minus the Go Mariners part. :mischief

Without the Go Mariners part, and them being in the thick of contention in the AL, they would NEVER part with prospects of that level. It would be lucky to get one of them as a centerpiece player for Dontrelle prospect wise (Well Jones), let alone potentially both of them if we can send them some other arms to fill out their staff. This is a rare opportunity to find a team in contention that hasn't been in years, with solidified veterans at positions their top prospects play, where we desperately need help at both spots, who needs a young # 2 starter behind Felix, has the ability as a large market franchise with a lot of salary coming free at the end of the year to sign Dontrelle so they don't give away their young'ens for a rental, needs to show their star (Ichiro) they are committed to winning now versus the future, still would have a serious impact bat in Balentein in AAA, and has a rather dumb general manager and will ignore Dontrelle's whip, moderate K/9, and other abilities because Dontrelle has a lot of "wins" as a 25 year old.

It's almost to good to be true. We should send them whatever they want from - Dontrelle, Armando, Kim, Olivo, Boone, and maybe Mitre or Gregg for the perfect package - to get our hands on Jones and Clement. Our team would be ferocious as soon as the pitching develops. If Seattle is within 3 games of the WC or Division late July, I cannot see them turning down Dontrelle, Armando, and/or Kim, and the Marlins chucking in a million or two salary for this season (which still saves us millions) for A. Jones, Clement, and some other prospect Beinfest likes outside the Mariners next top 5 minor league players.

six words

Adam Jones. Jeff Clement. Go Mariners.

Sounds good to me, minus the Go Mariners part. :mischief

Without the Go Mariners part, and them being in the thick of contention in the AL, they would NEVER part with prospects of that level. It would be lucky to get one of them as a centerpiece player for Dontrelle prospect wise (Well Jones), let alone potentially both of them if we can send them some other arms to fill out their staff. This is a rare opportunity to find a team in contention that hasn't been in years, with solidified veterans at positions their top prospects play, where we desperately need help at both spots, who needs a young # 2 starter behind Felix, has the ability as a large market franchise with a lot of salary coming free at the end of the year to sign Dontrelle so they don't give away their young'ens for a rental, needs to show their star (Ichiro) they are committed to winning now versus the future, still would have a serious impact bat in Balentein in AAA, and has a rather dumb general manager and will ignore Dontrelle's whip, moderate K/9, and other abilities because Dontrelle has a lot of "wins" as a 25 year old.

It's almost to good to be true. We should send them whatever they want from - Dontrelle, Armando, Kim, Olivo, Boone, and maybe Mitre or Gregg for the perfect package - to get our hands on Jones and Clement. Our team would be ferocious as soon as the pitching develops. If Seattle is within 3 games of the WC or Division late July, I cannot see them turning down Dontrelle, Armando, and/or Kim, and the Marlins chucking in a million or two salary for this season (which still saves us millions) for A. Jones, Clement, and some other prospect Beinfest likes outside the Mariners next top 5 minor league players.

don't hold your breath. but wouldn't that be amazing if it happened...

Expect Buehrle to be traded.

A counteroffer from Mark Buehrle's camp that didn't include a blanket no-trade clause was rejected by the White Sox, and the left-hander now expects to be traded.

"Mark loves playing for the White Sox," said agent Jeff Barry. "He has the utmost respect for everybody in the organization. In an effort to bridge the contractual impasse, Mark offered a sensible alternative to the full no-trade clause. Those alternatives were rejected, and Mark hopes for resolution before the second half." A source told ESPN.com that the counteroffer included a 2012 option worth $17 million that would kick in automatically in the event of a trade. It sounds like Buehrle's demands were again very reasonable. He'll do quite a bit better than what the White Sox are offering when he becomes a free agent this winter.

Source: ESPN.com

I believe we won't be sellers, although I think we should do everything possible to move Gregg for a real nice package.

I say this for two reasons, the first is that while he still is incredibly effective, he's had a real hard time keeping his balls-to-strikes ratio healthy in his last few appearances, so I think it could be reasonable to expect Gregg to still be quite effective (because, let's face it, a closer type pitcher with 4 pitches and a split is going to get outs) I don't think he's going to remain the terminator type guy we've seen.

Would I take 40/47 saves at the end of the year? Absolutely, but much like Matt Mantei, a good closer is wasted on a bad team.

I believe we won't be sellers, although I think we should do everything possible to move Gregg for a real nice package.

I say this for two reasons, the first is that while he still is incredibly effective, he's had a real hard time keeping his balls-to-strikes ratio healthy in his last few appearances, so I think it could be reasonable to expect Gregg to still be quite effective (because, let's face it, a closer type pitcher with 4 pitches and a split is going to get outs) I don't think he's going to remain the terminator type guy we've seen.

Would I take 40/47 saves at the end of the year? Absolutely, but much like Matt Mantei, a good closer is wasted on a bad team.

Ehh i don't see Gregg moving for a nice package, but that's just me. If we were to move Gregg in my opinion i would make sure Owens is healthy, make him our setup man. Make Benitez our closer and make Miller our 7th inning guy, and use Lindstrom every now and then. I don't know about you guys but i haven't had much trust in Lindstrom all year.

Ehh i don't see Gregg moving for a nice package, but that's just me. If we were to move Gregg in my opinion i would make sure Owens is healthy, make him our setup man. Make Benitez our closer and make Miller our 7th inning guy, and use Lindstrom every now and then. I don't know about you guys but i haven't had much trust in Lindstrom all year.

Benitez as closer? I get scared everytime Benitez comes out.

I'm actually confident whenever Lindstrom comes on.

:blink:

thats just me though...