The Official Matt Treanor > Miguel Olivo Thread

is it safe to say that everybody would agree treanor is better than olivo in every aspect of the catcher position and at handling the pitchers?

i'm usually an olivo supporter because he's basically not that talented, but plays tough and occasionally comes through big. but after what treanor has shown recently with the bat, doesn't he deserve to start more? a lot more?

i don't actually expect treanor to take playing time away from olivo, the same way i know uggla will hit 2nd the rest of the year. but at this point, i think it seems plainly obvious that treanor at least deserves more chances to start, especially considering he's superior defensively.

thoughts?

I read a column before the season about how Treanor had worked on his hitting & had developed a new approach or something. Seems to be paying dividends.

Maybe give Treanor the starts when BK and Willis pitch, I'd like to see that. Maybe he can settle Dontrelle down.

That's what i was thinking too. That way it would be about Treanor 40% and Olivo 60% giving them both a decent amount of ABs.

Maybe give Treanor the starts when BK and Willis pitch, I'd like to see that. Maybe he can settle Dontrelle down.

agree 1000%

Treanor did well with Dontrelle last year, and lets face it, he's actually hitting more than decent these days. I don't expect him to mash very many into the stands, but he's done well this year. And Heaven knows we need to try something else with Willis.

Treanor is great. I believe he has been in the organization the longest as a current marlin(dont quote me on it). Hes always nice with asking for a picture or autograph. I have never had a hard time with him. But hes just not a starting catcher for a franchise, hes just an awesome back up

I agree with Hotcorner that Treanor should get more starts

I disagree with the thread starter that Treanor is better in every aspect of catching.

Olivo has a much stronger arm and has much more power in his bat.

Neither of them make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

PS....I love these threads that come out right after Treanor has like a career night. lol

I agree with Hotcorner that Treanor should get more starts

I disagree with the thread starter that Treanor is better in every aspect of catching.

Olivo has a much stronger arm and has much more power in his bat.

Neither of them make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

PS....I love these threads that come out right after Treanor has like a career night. lol

Thank You! "The Don" has put some sense into this thread!! :notworthy