October 22, 200322 yr If Sea Bass comes up to bat just make him bunt all the time, he might get on base once in a while. Well, there goes that idea! :angry
October 22, 200322 yr Author Here's your daily review of the disaster that is Sea Bass.... 1-3 with another K and another LOB His postseason stats now look like this: 4-49 13 K .237 OPS .106 OBP .130 SLG And as an extra special bonus he cost the Fish a golden opportunity by not being able to do what most pitchers in the league are able to do at the plate... SAC bunt. Thanks for killing the 7th inning Sea Bass, you are a worthless Pile
October 22, 200322 yr Here's your daily review of the disaster that is Sea Bass.... 1-3 with another K and another LOB His postseason stats now look like this: 4-49 13 K And as an extra special bonus he cost the Fish a golden opportunity by not being able to do what most pitchers in the league are able to do at the plate... SAC bunt. Thanks for killing the 7th inning Sea Bass, you are a worthless Pile Well stated for his offensive display. A meaningless 2-out 2B, and a very meaningful weak foul popout, plus a pathetic K... Let's count up all those brilliant defensive gems tonight, too. After all, that's what everyone's screaming for. Play-by-play shows... 4th: - B. Williams popped out to SS. 5th: - A. Boone popped out to SS. 6th: - J Posada grounded into fielder's choice to shortstop, H Matsui out at second. Encarnacion drives in 94 runs in the regular season, makes zero errors in RF and becomes the forgotten man because Cabrera replaces him (in his unnatural position) instead of Sea Bass (in his natural position). I'm totally embarrassed for us. On a slightly up note, Sea Bass is 4 for 10 lifetime against Clemens, so when he starts YET AGAIN tomorrow, there is at least a little ray of hope shining through...
October 23, 200322 yr I'm totally embarrassed for us. On a slightly up note, Sea Bass is 4 for 10 lifetime against Clemens, so when he starts YET AGAIN tomorrow, there is at least a little ray of hope shining through... I'm still embarrassed for us. Clearly, Sea Bass's past performance was no indication of future performance. I'm now wondering whether another SS might've reached Clemens' weak blooper that dropped behind Sea Bass when he started back the wrong way and got all twisted up. And LEARN HOW TO BUNT, you clown! Even Pavano made it seem so easy...
October 23, 200322 yr I still say you sit him. Good job on the HR. you cant sit him anymore.... that may not be a good thing though
October 23, 200322 yr Good job on the HR??? He has just kept the Marlins in the world series, give me a break.
October 23, 200322 yr maybe this will give the little bugger some confidence and swagger. at the very least, maybe it'll scare the pitchers who would normally bully him like a 9spot
October 23, 200322 yr I'm now wondering whether another SS might've reached Clemens' weak blooper that dropped behind Sea Bass when he started back the wrong way and got all twisted up. Uh the answer is no.
October 23, 200322 yr Sorry, but defense shmeefence. Sea Bass is cruising along at a .090 clip this post-season, which is completely unacceptable. At first it just incensed and infuriated me, but now it's turned into flat out embarassing. Put Cabs at SS, put Carcy back in the OF with Niner and Frenchy, and let Sea Bass sit on the pine. Sorry but an "excuse me" Texas-leaguer double (Which was really a single) in game 7 of the NLCS doesn't warrant him playing every day. Neither does his defense. His presence in the lineup makes the bottom third of the order an absolute joke.
October 23, 200322 yr Author Yeah, yeah. Crow, whatever. He may have won this game, but how many losses has he contributed to by hitting like a blind cadaver? How many RBI/HR/Hits would Enc have if he played in every game thus far? It's great to see him do well. I'm happy for him and tonite is what everyone will remember, not his horrific performance thus far. But like Ramp said, this might not be an alltogether good thing. Did that gargantuan 330.5 foot HR just buy him another 1-15 in the remainder of the series??? Oh, and by the way, you all are pathetic the way you flip flop on issues. Have some conviction, dammitt. There, off the soap box. Enjoying the win again.
October 23, 200322 yr I still think he sucks Yep, but I hope by the time the Series is done, Alex Gonzalez has demonstrated that we know nothing about who is a good hitter. But as for tonight, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
October 23, 200322 yr Give me a break Fillet. No one's saying Alex is anything he isn't. Excuse everyone for the World Series Game 4 winning home run celebration....
October 23, 200322 yr Jeff Weaver is a human batting practice machine. If Sea Bass doesn't get to him, then Enc does. I'm shocked it took a 2nd inning of batting to get to him. In fact, I was pis*ed that Sea Bass didn't let that close inside 2-2 pitch graze him to at least get on base for Enc! And this game should've been over after the top of the 9th at 3-2. The Yankees' first run was unearned. If the ump correctly calls out Matsui on the play at first, then the Sac Fly is out #3 and it stays 3-0 until top 9. I hope that Sea Bass gets his Sea Legs by hitting that HR. I s'pose the crowd will just amplify the boos of Lee now and let Sea Bass live another few days. But there are a bunch of guys not pulling their weight at the moment. Given that, I am psyched that this thing is 2-2. Funny thing - haven't seen quite as many posts about the Series being over now.
October 23, 200322 yr I'm now wondering whether another SS might've reached Clemens' weak blooper that dropped behind Sea Bass when he started back the wrong way and got all twisted up. Uh the answer is no. No other votes on this? I think a SS who breaks back correctly catches that ball. As it turns out, it wasn't crucial scoring-wise, but I'm still unconvinced at how dazzling Sea Bass's defense is.
October 23, 200322 yr Come on Guys, just give Sea Bass His day of Glory. This day Belongs to Looper, Pavano, and Sea Bass. He deserves it, he camethrough, and no Encarnacion would not have been a sure bet to hit a homer if Sea Bass wouldve failed. Encarnacion will have his chance dont worry. Everyone will, and many have already.
October 23, 200322 yr I'm now wondering whether another SS might've reached Clemens' weak blooper that dropped behind Sea Bass when he started back the wrong way and got all twisted up. Uh the answer is no. No other votes on this? I think a SS who breaks back correctly catches that ball. As it turns out, it wasn't crucial scoring-wise, but I'm still unconvinced at how dazzling Sea Bass's defense is. watch a game
October 23, 200322 yr Hey, Jack has stuck with him this long and now he's finally come through in the clutch. It doesn't matter what happened before that, he stepped up tonight in the 12th inning and won it!!!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.