August 28, 200719 yr Someone didn't watch the George Michael "behind the music" :notworthy :notworthy , It just keeps getting better, people who vilify a group of people for their differences loves the same stuff they do. See ya later Scumbag, and don't let the bathroom door hit you on the way out. Sen. Admin Craig peered through a crack in a restroom stall door for two minutes and made gestures suggesting he wanted to engage in "lewd conduct," according to the police officer who arrested him. Republican Sen. Admin Craig of Idaho was arrested in June at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. 1 of 2 Craig's blue eyes were clearly visible through the crack in the door, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport police Sgt. Dave Karsnia wrote in the report he filed on the June 11 incident. "Craig would look down at his hands, 'fidget' with his fingers, and then look through the crack into my stall again," Karsnia wrote in documents accompanying the arrest report that were obtained by CNN. The Idaho Republican said the officer misinterpreted his actions. But the senator pleaded guilty earlier this month to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge in the incident, according to Minnesota criminal records. The officer wrote that he was on a plainclothes detail in the restroom because of citizen complaints and arrests for sexual activity there. Karsnia wrote that when the person occupying the stall beside his left, Craig entered it and blocked the door with his rolling suitcase. "My experience has shown that individuals engaging in lewd conduct use their bags to block the view from the front of their stall," the officer said in his report. The senator, 62, then tapped his right foot, "a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct," Karsnia wrote, and Craig ran his left hand several times underneath the partition dividing the stalls. "The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area," the officer's report said. Later, when he was interviewed by police, the senator said "he has a wide stance when going to the bathroom" and that was why his foot may have touched the officer's, the report said. Craig also told police that he had reached down to the floor to pick up a piece of paper, the officer wrote. "It should be noted that there was not a piece of paper on the bathroom floor, nor did Craig pick up a piece of paper," Karsnia wrote. "During the interview, Craig either disagreed with me or 'didn't recall' the events as they happened." After Craig ran his hand underneath the partition wall three times, Karsnia held his police identification down by the floor so the senator could see it, the report said. "With my left hand near the floor, I pointed towards the exit. Craig responded, 'No!' "I again pointed towards the exit. Craig exited the stall with his roller bags without flushing the toilet," Karsnia wrote. The senator initially resisted the officer's request to go to the police operations center, he said, but finally did. There, he was read his Miranda rights, interviewed, photographed, fingerprinted and released, the report said. The Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call first reported the arrest Monday. In a statement released Monday evening, Craig denied any inappropriate conduct and said he now regrets his guilty plea, which he entered without having an attorney present. "At the time of this incident, I complained to the police that they were misconstruing my actions. I was not involved in any inappropriate conduct," he said. "I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously." Craig paid a $500 fine when he entered his guilty plea on August 8 in Hennepin County Municipal Court in Bloomington, Minnesota, according to state criminal records. He resigned Monday night as a Senate liaison for former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney's presidential campaign. Romney's son Josh canceled a trip to Idaho on Tuesday. Craig, Idaho's senior senator, is married with three grown children and nine grandchildren. A former rancher, he was first elected to the Senate in 1990, after serving a decade in the House. His seat is up for re-election in 2008. Last fall, Craig's office publicly denied assertions by Internet blogger Mike Rogers that the senator is gay. Craig's office dismissed speculation about the senator's sexuality as "completely ridiculous." In 1982, Craig denied rumors that he was under investigation as part of a federal probe into allegations that lawmakers on Capitol Hill had sexual relationships with congressional pages, saying the "false allegations" made him "mad as hell." He was never implicated in that investigation, which led to ethics charges against two other congressmen. In recent years, Craig's voting record has earned him top ratings from social conservative groups such as the American Family Association, Concerned Women for America and the Family Research Council. He has supported a federal constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, telling his colleagues that it was "important for us to stand up now and protect traditional marriage, which is under attack by a few unelected judges and litigious activists." In 1996, Craig also voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act, which denies federal recognition to same-sex marriages and prevents states from being forced to recognize the marriages of gay and lesbian couples legally performed in other states. Craig also has opposed expanding the federal hate crimes law to cover offenses motivated by anti-gay bias and, in 1996, voted against a bill that would have outlawed employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, which failed by a single vote in the Senate. E-mail to a friend
August 28, 200719 yr Author He doesn't have to be married to another man to do him in the butt But he also doesn't want his bathroom buddies to have protection when they're fired for their weekend rope tying adventures out in the country.
August 28, 200719 yr tapping your right foot in the stall is code for "buttsex wanted"?? wow, I've been propositioning people for years and never knew it. No wonder I get all these winks when I'm in my office bathroom.
August 28, 200719 yr tapping your right foot in the stall is code for "buttsex wanted"?? wow, I've been propositioning people for years and never knew it. No wonder I get all these winks when I'm in my office bathroom. :whistle ...hi there...can you pass the TP? :shifty
August 28, 200719 yr The senator, 62, then tapped his right foot, "a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct," Karsnia wrote, You learn something new everyday. I wonder if this works on the females? I hate that my party has tried to become the morality police. QFT.
August 28, 200719 yr This is old news, if anyone has ever listened to the Ed Schultz Show: http://www.blogactive.com/2006/10/senator-...4A3GdYRnf9qPRcQ (Yes, I get the irony of posting from a gay blog and having an avatar and sig that some people might construe as homophobic, but I construe as merely making fun of the Steelers mascot)
August 28, 200719 yr I hate that my party has tried to become the morality police. Any political party that does something like that is bound to have it backfire on them, but it seems like it's happening more often lately than I ever would have guessed.
August 28, 200719 yr Author BTW, "I'm not gay and it's a witchhunt". Keep digging yourself man, if he would just fess up and come clean this would end his political career but leave him enough credit for a nice book deal and some saved credibility. The fact that he's fighting this means the blogging and investigative journalists of the world will be digging up every past sin of yours for the next week and it's going to get bad and apparently the guy's left quite a trail
August 28, 200719 yr In an attempt at accuracy, and sticking to facts, all he plead to was disorderly conduct.
August 29, 200719 yr Author In an attempt at accuracy, and sticking to facts, all he plead to was disorderly conduct. Well that's all you can charge him for as long as he didn't take it out which then lands you lewd conduct. The fact is though he plead to charges while saying all he did was pick up a piece of paper? Something doesn't fit right there.
August 29, 200719 yr In an attempt at accuracy, and sticking to facts, all he plead to was disorderly conduct. Well that's all you can charge him for as long as he didn't take it out which then lands you lewd conduct. The fact is though he plead to charges while saying all he did was pick up a piece of paper? Something doesn't fit right there. Thousands of people plea to misdemeanors all the time for the sake of convenience. None of this means that he wasn't looking for a hummer, but it is hardly proof.
August 29, 200719 yr I would think that if someone of his staure was accused of something this frowned upon that he did not do, he would surley fight it as far as he could.
August 29, 200719 yr Forget it. Eric Wiener is a Republican tool and is trying yet again to deflect attention on the GOP. Hey Eric, hear that there a spot opened up for Attorney General... you'd be perfect.
August 29, 200719 yr Forget it. Eric Wiener is a Republican tool and is trying yet again to deflect attention on the GOP. Hey Eric, hear that there a spot opened up for Attorney General... you'd be perfect. Heh heh heh, you said 'tool' :lol It is my being a Republican tool (BTW, I am not a Republican) that led me to point out that Randy Messenger sucks the brown out of a cat's ass.
August 29, 200719 yr 'I believe that he -- that he pled guilty, and he had the opportunity to plead innocent. So I think he should resign,' Senator John McCain told CNN. 'And suppose he comes back to Washington and says, I want to serve. That's -- that will be a decision that he will make and most importantly, the people of the state of Idaho. But my opinion is that when you plead guilty to a crime, then you shouldn't serve. And that's not a moral stand. That's not a holier than thou. It's just a factual situation. I don't try to judge people. but in this case, it's clear that it was disgraceful.' I agree, Senator.
August 30, 200719 yr I would disagree with the title of this topic to my knowledge Craig was not anti-gay and i dont think the votes referenced in the article are anti-gay Craig supported civil unions .
August 30, 200719 yr 'I believe that he -- that he pled guilty, and he had the opportunity to plead innocent. So I think he should resign,' Senator John McCain told CNN. 'And suppose he comes back to Washington and says, I want to serve. That's -- that will be a decision that he will make and most importantly, the people of the state of Idaho. But my opinion is that when you plead guilty to a crime, then you shouldn't serve. And that's not a moral stand. That's not a holier than thou. It's just a factual situation. I don't try to judge people. but in this case, it's clear that it was disgraceful.' I agree, Senator. Sounds fair to me.
August 30, 200719 yr Here's a quote I absolutely love: http://www.newsobserver.com/politics/story/686855.html "The double standard is shocking," [Matt] Foreman [executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force] said. "We'll throw the closet queer under the bus, but if you see a female prostitute, that's just fine." So there you go. If Craig should be forced to resign, then so should Vitter. Two hypocrites for the price of one corrupt party, I love it!!!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.