Shooting at Omaha Mall

Passion

Fox News: 2 dead according to AP/KPTM reports from the Police radios.

:(

This happens anywhere it is terrifying but in my head it being in a mall makes it even worse. Awful place to have gun shots ring out.

Agreed, especially with it being shopping season and the fact the President was in Omaha....freaky.

Certainly not to diminish the tragedy, but when are Malls going to install metal detectors? Wait a second before you crucify me.... if I knew I'd be relatively safe shopping somewhere, I woudn't mind walking through an archway. And shopping is a priviledge, not a right. What the hell are you doing in a mall with a firearm, anyway?

Also- I think (oh God!) there will be copycat crimes committed as more and more troubled people see how much attention this person received.

No one gets hurt shopping online.

Yet another teenager on ADD medicine (I don't think they've released what he was on but his mom did say he was being medicated).

There might just be a reason why giving speed to kids is banned in most every country, you know, the ones that rarely have this problem.

R.I.P. to those that lost their lives.

I wish I was there.

Yeah no sh*t. I would have been outgunned with just my Keltec but if I could have somehow been in a store that he had already walked by and could have come up from behind him...........

I heard he had an AK though. Those rounds would have been slicing through walls and concealment would have been easy but cover would have been hard to come by.

saying you want to be there in the mall is like saying i wanted to be in the towers on 9/11...

maybe...just maybe...we shouldnt have kids popping depression pills and being able to buy a gun at his local conveinence store when he is clearly f***ED UP...the only thing this country has learned about gun violence is that it is now an acceptable part of life and we wont do a damn thing to change tht

saying you want to be there in the mall is like saying i wanted to be in the towers on 9/11...

maybe...just maybe...we shouldnt have kids popping depression pills and being able to buy a gun at his local conveinence store when he is clearly f***ED UP...the only thing this country has learned about gun violence is that it is now an acceptable part of life and we wont do a damn thing to change tht

no its not jimmy. anyone in the tower above where the planes hit had ZERO abilitly to control their destiny.

Being in a mall with a handgun while there is a crazy teenager (untrained BTW) with a rifle = some control of your destiny