Players we should trade

JPierre75sbs

The point is, and this goes for a lot of teams in the PCL, you have to take park factors into consideration.

Andino's MLE last year was .216/.253/.314/.567....a drop off in .183 points in OPS. Teams not in parks like ours won't see huge drop offs like that.

(I did the MLE with 2006 park factors, too lazy to look for 2007 park factors, but should essentially be the same)

a .255 hitter in AAA. I'm pumped

That was 2006 , maybe you missed that. .278 in 2007 and .308 over August and September.

He still sucks though...

Thank you for your astute evaluation...too bad so many disagree. Best Defensive Player of the Year award from his team, PCL all-star, now the Topps award. But what do they know?

Okay, what do you think he will project in the majors with?

Give me a BA, and power numbers.

I can't wait to laugh.

Ready to laugh? I project Andino to be a .290 hitter, with about ten homeruns and about 50 rbi's.

YES I AM HIGH ON ANDINO, and EVERYONE HERE WILL SEE WHAT THIS KID CAN DO!

Are you sure you are not just high? :mis2 Andino has built his reputation on his own. He was THE SHORTSTOP and rapidly has become a utility player at best if he works hard enough. He may always have a problem managing to hit his weight let alone being able to hit .290. He still could be valuable but he also has had a decline defensively. His luster is long gone

Since he received three awards this season based on his defense I'd say you might be a little behind the curve on your statement.

He's also had three consecutive years of improvement offensively, this year being his best, and while its a microscopic sample size, in his 14 13 PAs this Sept @ the MLB level he had five hits for a .385 average, drawing nothing from that except he wasn't wholesale overmatched.

And he's a kid, just 23. Hard to believe at that age "his luster is long gone."

:notworthy

No one is angry that he is "doing well" more angry that he is being mislabeled.

The defensive awards are hiding the large amount of errors he committed last season (errors aren't the definitive judgment, but they are certainly a large component).

And he has not had two good seasons in a row. In 2006, he posted a .250 AVG and sub-.700 OPS. Under no circumstances would I call that a good offensive season in the hitter friendly PCL.

On top of that, Andino's offensive numbers were dwarfed by virtually everyone else on the Isotopes roster this past season (from the journeymen like Seabol to the young failures like Abercrombie). Even everyone's favorite Eric Reed wasn't far below Andino's SLG figures, despite being a singles hitter.

I fail to see how anything Andino did in 2007 can be labeled as an accomplishment, other than saying he didn't play as badly as he did in 2006.

Guys like Jeter and Edgar Renteria have many many errors every year, does that mean they are bad defensively? No it just means they go after balls not every shortstop attempts to go after! Andino has always been the man defensively, as a matter of fact some have named him the next Alex Gonzalez defensively, although that may be a bit too high, it still doesn't take any away from the kid, he is great with the glove and is showing flashes of brilliance at the plate for the past two years he has done nothing but improve!

No one is angry that he is "doing well" more angry that he is being mislabeled.

The defensive awards are hiding the large amount of errors he committed last season (errors aren't the definitive judgment, but they are certainly a large component).

And he has not had two good seasons in a row. In 2006, he posted a .250 AVG and sub-.700 OPS. Under no circumstances would I call that a good offensive season in the hitter friendly PCL.

On top of that, Andino's offensive numbers were dwarfed by virtually everyone else on the Isotopes roster this past season (from the journeymen like Seabol to the young failures like Abercrombie). Even everyone's favorite Eric Reed wasn't far below Andino's SLG figures, despite being a singles hitter.

I fail to see how anything Andino did in 2007 can be labeled as an accomplishment, other than saying he didn't play as badly as he did in 2006.

Guys like Jeter and Edgar Renteria have many many errors every year, does that mean they are bad defensively? No it just means they go after balls not every shortstop attempts to go after! Andino has always beent he man defensively, as a matter of fact some have named him the next Alex Gonzalez defensively, although that may be a bit too high, it still doesn't take any away from the kid, he is great with the glove and is showing flashes of brilliance at the plate for the past two years he has done nothing but improve!

people named him the new alex gonzalez like 3 years ago.

a .255 hitter in AAA. I'm pumped

That was 2006 , maybe you missed that. .278 in 2007 and .308 over August and September.

He still sucks though...

Thank you for your astute evaluation...too bad so many disagree. Best Defensive Player of the Year award from his team, PCL all-star, now the Topps award. But what do they know?

Okay, what do you think he will project in the majors with?

Give me a BA, and power numbers.

I can't wait to laugh.

Ready to laugh? I project Andino to be a .290 hitter, with about ten homeruns and about 50 rbi's.

YES I AM HIGH ON ANDINO, and EVERYONE HERE WILL SEE WHAT THIS KID CAN DO!

Are you sure you are not just high? :mis2 Andino has built his reputation on his own. He was THE SHORTSTOP and rapidly has become a utility player at best if he works hard enough. He may always have a problem managing to hit his weight let alone being able to hit .290. He still could be valuable but he also has had a decline defensively. His luster is long gone

Since he received three awards this season based on his defense I'd say you might be a little behind the curve on your statement.

He's also had three consecutive years of improvement offensively, this year being his best, and while its a microscopic sample size, in his 14 13 PAs this Sept @ the MLB level he had five hits for a .385 average, drawing nothing from that except he wasn't wholesale overmatched.

And he's a kid, just 23. Hard to believe at that age "his luster is long gone."

:notworthy

Would you say he is a golden prospect? I guess not!