game 6 starter

FishFanPR

Who do you guys think is going to pitch on game 6? Redman has been horrible in his last two outings. Pavano and Penny are obviously out, so it comes down to either willis or beckett. I would hope jack keeps beckett for a possible game 7. At the same time, willis has been struggling lately...any opinions?

GO FISHH!!!

Who do you guys think is going to pitch on game 6? Redman has been horrible in his last two outings. Pavano and Penny are obviously out, so it comes down to either willis or beckett. I would hope jack keeps beckett for a possible game 7. At the same time, willis has been struggling lately...any opinions?

GO FISHH!!!

If we win tonight McKeon uses Willis if not its Beckett

Normally I would be against bringing back a starter on short rest, even in the NLDS or the NLCS. And maybe if it was Wells, Clemmens, hell even Mussina starting Game 6 we would keep the rest pattern. BUT It is Petitte. And if we win tonight, we have a chance to put them away and I think we have to take it. If we lose we need the W to force Game 7.

Pavs pitching Game 7 on short rest wouldn't be too bad. You figure everyone except Beckett would be available, meaning Penny, Willis, or Redman could show up anytime this weekend to put out a fire.

Guys, if we win tonight, there's no way you'll se Beckett pitch Game 6. If we lose there's a chance, but I don't know if I would do it. The only reason would be to get Pavano in as well, but I think having someone go on 4 days rest in Game 6, and then Beckett on 4 days in Game 7 gives us a better chance than Pavano and Beckett on 3 days. Past few years, pitchers are 4-16 on 3 days rest in the playoffs...at least heading into this postseason. And that's the top pitchers, too. Managers don't rush crappy starters.

Winning tonight makes this a very easy decision.

Actually, my thought is this:

No matter what happens tonight, we should just send out a 3-headed monster for Game 6. Willis/Heiling/Redman. One of them starts, but only in name. Let Willis go out there first. If he has it, great...if not, it'll be immediately obvious, as it always is...quick hook, bring Redman or Heiling in. Same thing for whoever comes in. ONE of those guys should be able to get the job done. Save Beckett for a Game 7. You can also have Pavano pitch out of the pen both nights.