Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First cuts announced

Featured Replies

3/9/08 Optioned RHP Jesus Delgado to Double-A Carolina; Released OF Jorge Piedra; Reassigned RHP Marcos Carvajal, RHP Tim Corcoran, LHP Chris Seddon, RHP Dallas Trahern, C Brad Davis, C Chris Hatcher, INF Lee Mitchell, INF Rex Rundgren, INF Gabriel Sanchez to Minor League camp.

 

I suspect Piedra was released even though he looked good this spring so conceivably he can catch on somewhere else. He has MLB experience and started for the Tigers in the 2nd game of their 2006 playoffs. He should get a job somewhere.

  • Author

BTW, do others know Harvey Garcia was sidelined a few days ago with shoulder tendinitis? He's working out but on a no-throw regimen. I meant to post that when I read it but forgot.

3/9/08 Optioned RHP Jesus Delgado to Double-A Carolina; Released OF Jorge Piedra; Reassigned RHP Marcos Carvajal, RHP Tim Corcoran, LHP Chris Seddon, RHP Dallas Trahern, C Brad Davis, C Chris Hatcher, INF Lee Mitchell, INF Rex Rundgren, INF Gabriel Sanchez to Minor League camp.

 

I suspect Piedra was released even though he looked good this spring so conceivably he can catch on somewhere else. He has MLB experience and started for the Tigers in the 2nd game of their 2006 playoffs. He should get a job somewhere.

With the way Carroll and De Aza are hammering the ball, he didn't really have a shot at that "3rd CF job." He could have been a useful guy to keep around AAA though. And you're thinking of Alexis Gomez with the Tigers. Piedra has been slumming around AAA for Col and Oak recently.

  • Author

3/9/08 Optioned RHP Jesus Delgado to Double-A Carolina; Released OF Jorge Piedra; Reassigned RHP Marcos Carvajal, RHP Tim Corcoran, LHP Chris Seddon, RHP Dallas Trahern, C Brad Davis, C Chris Hatcher, INF Lee Mitchell, INF Rex Rundgren, INF Gabriel Sanchez to Minor League camp.

 

I suspect Piedra was released even though he looked good this spring so conceivably he can catch on somewhere else. He has MLB experience and started for the Tigers in the 2nd game of their 2006 playoffs. He should get a job somewhere.

With the way Carroll and De Aza are hammering the ball, he didn't really have a shot at that "3rd CF job." He could have been a useful guy to keep around AAA though. And you're thinking of Alexis Gomez with the Tigers. Piedra has been slumming around AAA for Col and Oak recently.

 

You're right Lou. Piedra was with the Colorado Rockies. My bad.

4 more cuts Monday morning:

 

The team optioned right-handed pitchers Eulogio De La Cruz and Scott Nestor to Triple-A Albuquerque.

 

Outfielder Jai Miller also was optioned to the Isotopes.

 

Chris Coghlan was reassigned to Minor League camp.

 

The transactions trim the roster to 56.

  • Author

Nothing surprising so far.

 

It isn't like they aren't all on one of the back fields and can't join the parent club if they're needed or Fred/FO wants to look at something.

4 more cuts Monday morning:

 

The team optioned right-handed pitchers Eulogio De La Cruz and Scott Nestor to Triple-A Albuquerque.

 

Outfielder Jai Miller also was optioned to the Isotopes.

 

Chris Coghlan was reassigned to Minor League camp.

 

The transactions trim the roster to 56.

 

mlb.com

Deffinately knew Jai Miller was going to be some of the first to go down. Raw stuff but still hasnt been able to display it with the bat. Gotta love his skills though.

 

I want to see De La Cruz find that strikezone because he should be fun to watch once he has settled in.

Coghlan has been awful this Spring, definitely needs some more seasoning.

A little disappointed with Cruz. He seems to be the most MLB ready of all the "top" minor league prospects, especially in a bullpen role. I guess we have time so it's not a big deal, but would liked to have seen a better performance.

We have so much bullpen depth, I'm not worried. Where was he going to fit, anyway?

I think he fits in when Gregg, J. Miller, and Gardner are traded off the team at the deadline. I expect Owens, Cruz, and maybe Nolasco to take their slots.

We have so much bullpen depth, I'm not worried. Where was he going to fit, anyway?

I think he fits in when Gregg, J. Miller, and Gardner are traded off the team at the deadline. I expect Owens, Cruz, and maybe Nolasco to take their slots.

 

Don't forget Carlos Martinez.

We have so much bullpen depth, I'm not worried. Where was he going to fit, anyway?

I think he fits in when Gregg, J. Miller, and Gardner are traded off the team at the deadline. I expect Owens, Cruz, and maybe Nolasco to take their slots.

 

Don't forget Carlos Martinez.

 

Wildcard,

 

Check your inbox

More cuts today: The Marlins sent P Daniel Barone to AAA and assigned P Aaron Thompson, P Ryan Tucker and P Brett Sinkbeil to their minor league camp.

Today the Marlins sent P Ross Wolf to Albuquerque and assigned OF John Gall and P Bobby Keppel to their minor league camp.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.