Jacque Jones is a done deal

I think overall he will be a nice addition coming off the bench. With Gonzo and Amezega starting regularly, we didn't have a left-handed bat on the bench so this should open up some options.

I wonder if he'll replace Alfredo in the platoon with Cody or if he'll just serve as a pinch-hitter/back-up.

Another tidbit from rotoworld...

Sources told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal that the Marlins and Jacque Jones have reached an agreement on a contract.

Jones is expected to head to extended spring training for a little while before joining the Marlins. Once ready, he'll battle Cody Ross and Alfredo Amezaga for playing time in center field. There's a good chance he'll start against right-handers if he shows enough range in the outfield to suit manager Fredi Gonzalez.

Source: FOXSports.com

I believe Robert Andino can play some outfield while Carroll han't played the infield since he came into professional baseball so I'd assume that Carroll is sent down.

(That is unless Fredi wants to keep him around so he can torture him all summer. j/k)

Some he'll be up in Jupiter for a while, I wonder long? A week would be the opening of the Mets series, ten days the Phillies Series.

I believe Robert Andino can play some outfield while Carroll han't played the infield since he came into professional baseball so I'd assume that Carroll is sent down.

(That is unless Fredi wants to keep him around so he can torture him all summer. j/k)

Some he'll be up in Jupiter for a while, I wonder long? A week would be the opening of the Mets series, ten days the Phillies Series.

As far as I can tell, Andino has never played OF in pro ball.

Sorry to say thats not true...The Marlins toyed with turning Carroll into a 3rd baseman He played some 3rd base last year I believe in the Instructional league. He came into the organization as a 3rd baseman originally in 2004. While he was playing at Jamestown they made him an Outfielder

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/C/brett-carroll.shtml

Rabb, I was referring to a story in the last month or so, and I believe the tv guys commented on it as well, that Andino was taking daily outfield practice in an effort to make himself more versatile and stick with the team.

The roster is full so someone has to go down that's all we really know.

Rabb, I was referring to a story in the last month or so, and I believe the tv guys commented on it as well, that Andino was taking daily outfield practice in an effort to make himself more versatile and stick with the team.

The roster is full so someone has to go down that's all we really know.

Yeah, I heard about that, but because he is taking outfield practice doesn't mean that he can actually play it. He's never played the outfield in a single game in 6 years.

Rabb, well if you heard it too and I only said "I believe Robert Andino can play some outfield..." what are you busting my balls about?

I'm not busting your balls about anything, I'm letting you know that he can't.

If I said "I believe Josh Willingham was drafted as a catcher", I would hope you or someone else would correct me. I much rather be corrected than stay wrong.

Rabb, well if you heard it too and I only said "I believe Robert Andino can play some outfield..." what are you busting my balls about?

I'm not busting your balls about anything, I'm letting you know that he can't.

If I said "I believe Josh Willingham was drafted as a catcher", I would hope you or someone else would correct me. I much rather be corrected than stay wrong.

I wasn't wrong.

The operative words above are "can" and "was". One refers to the ability to do something whether called upon to do before or not, the other "was" refers to something that is a statement of fact and has happened, There is nothing for me to be wrong about unless you are stating flatly and undeniably that he is unable under any circumstances to play the outfield.

Is that your position?

I made no definitive or declarative statement only a "belief" that based on news reports he was taking outfield practice , if needed (in this case what would be a sixth or emergency outfielder) "can" play in the outfield if called upon. I've seen pitchers play in the outfield for godssakes and this is a young, fast professional ballplayer with good hands. When I say he "has" played the outfield then you "can" correct me, until then it's misplaced.