Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When Anibal gets back...

Featured Replies

Our rotation is gonna be scary! Hopper will have to go down to Alburquerque, unfortunately

 

Hendrickson

Sanchez

Olsen

Miller

Nolasco

 

Woohoo! thats a hell of a rotation

And we still have a Sergio Mitre ready to come back and give us innings, AND a Ryan Tucker absolutely dominating in the minors right now.

 

Before we had nobody now we have too many.

When are these guys (JJ, Anibal, Mitre) coming back?

I don't think it's a scary rotation, but it's certainly average / above average if we can get all those guys back (at least Mitre and Anibal).

And we still have a Sergio Mitre ready to come back and give us innings, AND a Ryan Tucker absolutely dominating in the minors right now.

 

Before we had nobody now we have too many.

 

 

"You can never have too much pitching."

And we still have a Sergio Mitre ready to come back and give us innings, AND a Ryan Tucker absolutely dominating in the minors right now.

 

Before we had nobody now we have too many.

 

 

"You can never have too much pitching."

We can always use one as trade bait for a young slugger.

And we still have a Sergio Mitre ready to come back and give us innings, AND a Ryan Tucker absolutely dominating in the minors right now.

 

Before we had nobody now we have too many.

 

 

"You can never have too much pitching."

We can always use one as trade bait for a young slugger.

 

exactly

as I said, "you can never have too much pitching."

I hate to say it, but I think Josh Johnson is going to be the next Tim Spooneybarger. He is too young to be injured so often. These injuries will probably repeat until he eventually just falls off the face of the earth. Having said that, please prove me wrong because I think Josh Johnson COULD be one hell of a pitcher.

I doubt nolasco will stay after mitre comes back, sure he pitched great against the DBacks, but he's very inconsistent.

I hate to say it, but I think Josh Johnson is going to be the next Tim Spooneybarger. He is too young to be injured so often. These injuries will probably repeat until he eventually just falls off the face of the earth. Having said that, please prove me wrong because I think Josh Johnson COULD be one hell of a pitcher.

 

Well, you could kinda say that this current injury is Girardi's fault for overusing our pitchers and letting JJ come back in that rain-game.... but yeah I see what you mean, lets hope you eat crow lol

a few of you have made comments saying we will have too many pitchers

 

for all we know, some of the current rotation could pick up injuries creating spaces

 

i hope that is not the case and it is never nice for players to get injured, but the reality is it could happen any day

 

i mean look at chris young, going along fine until a pujols line drive hits him in the face, hes on the DL now

I'm not entirely sold on Sanchez. However, I think Mitre will be a great addition when he returns.

 

They are both expected back at the beginning of july?

Call me pessimistic, but I'm not expecting much from our injured pitchers this year. If we are still in the hunt come time for their returns, it doesn't make sense for us to coddle them along. IMO they need to have prolonged minor league rehab stints to show they're ready to contribute...the timing just doesn't add up for them to be contributors to this team.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.