June 22, 200818 yr Teagarden is the defensive stud of the bunch. Strong arm and a very quick release. The only doubts are about his bat but hes a career .275/404/526 hitter in the minors. He's been struggling at the plate this year unlike Max Ramirez, but Max Ramirez's defense is bad to say the least from everywhere I've read. It's really hard to tell who the would be willing to give up. Salty: Best Upside Teagarden: Best defense Ramirez: Out hitting the other two. (I know it's AA, but a 1.120 OPS leaves a real sweet taste in your mouth) A .900 OPSing catcher is a VERY VERY good thing... I mean, c'mon. though you hit everything else on the head, I think that's a great way to describe them. If you're referring to Teagarden, i said but he is 275/404/526. The doubt is with the scouts, not here. I wouldnt complain about that line for a 1B. I wouldn't complain about that line for anyone.
June 22, 200818 yr Teagarden is the defensive stud of the bunch. Strong arm and a very quick release. The only doubts are about his bat but hes a career .275/404/526 hitter in the minors. He's been struggling at the plate this year unlike Max Ramirez, but Max Ramirez's defense is bad to say the least from everywhere I've read. It's really hard to tell who the would be willing to give up. Salty: Best Upside Teagarden: Best defense Ramirez: Out hitting the other two. (I know it's AA, but a 1.120 OPS leaves a real sweet taste in your mouth) A .900 OPSing catcher is a VERY VERY good thing... I mean, c'mon. though you hit everything else on the head, I think that's a great way to describe them. If you're referring to Teagarden, i said but he is 275/404/526. The doubt is with the scouts, not here. I wouldnt complain about that line for a 1B. I wouldn't complain about that line for anyone. Yep, my point. considering he's not a 1B and thats the most demanding offensive position. Edit
June 22, 200818 yr Teagarden is the defensive stud of the bunch. Strong arm and a very quick release. The only doubts are about his bat but hes a career .275/404/526 hitter in the minors. He's been struggling at the plate this year unlike Max Ramirez, but Max Ramirez's defense is bad to say the least from everywhere I've read. It's really hard to tell who the would be willing to give up. Salty: Best Upside Teagarden: Best defense Ramirez: Out hitting the other two. (I know it's AA, but a 1.120 OPS leaves a real sweet taste in your mouth) A .900 OPSing catcher is a VERY VERY good thing... I mean, c'mon. though you hit everything else on the head, I think that's a great way to describe them. If you're referring to Teagarden, i said but he is 275/404/526. The doubt is with the scouts, not here. I wouldnt complain about that line for a 1B. I wouldn't complain about that line for anyone. Yep, my point. S'all good? :thumbup
June 22, 200818 yr So anyway, anyone actually hear any official rumblings on the Texas boys? http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnered=rss_tex March 11th, but with the trade deadline approaching and Laird getting injured they should start to be more liberal with moving one of them
June 22, 200818 yr Btw, if it's for Laird, I sure as hell hope we don't trade much. For that, I'd just stay with what we have, and hope Rabelo/Treanor can just be the catchers, for the rest of the year.
June 22, 200818 yr Btw, if it's for Laird, I sure as hell hope we don't trade much. For that, I'd just explore OTHER options and if that doesn't work, stay with what we have, and hope Rabelo/Treanor can just be the catchers, for the rest of the year. edit: Actually, fixed what you said
June 22, 200818 yr Btw, if it's for Laird, I sure as hell hope we don't trade much. For that, I'd just explore OTHER options and if that doesn't work, stay with what we have, and hope Rabelo/Treanor can just be the catchers, for the rest of the year. edit: Actually, fixed what you said hehe, good one. :thumbup
June 22, 200818 yr So anyway, anyone actually hear any official rumblings on the Texas boys? http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnered=rss_tex March 11th, but with the trade deadline approaching and Laird getting injured they should start to be more liberal with moving one of them I guess a question to be asked if Texas decides to keep them all. Most likely Teagarden behind the plate with Ramirez or Salty switching up at 1b and Dh. What happens to Salty and Ramirez's stalk. Are they better off trading for a better and more prototypical DH and 1b and some pitching. In other words they are the three headed monster of catching prospects. But if Salty and Ramirez end up at third are they all that amazing of prospects.
June 22, 200818 yr Btw, if it's for Laird, I sure as hell hope we don't trade much. For that, I'd just explore OTHER options and if that doesn't work, stay with what we have, and hope Rabelo/Treanor can just be the catchers, for the rest of the year. edit: Actually, fixed what you said hehe, good one. :thumbup I try :notworthy
June 22, 200818 yr I guess a question to be asked if Texas decides to keep them all. Most likely Teagarden behind the plate with Ramirez or Salty switching up at 1b and Dh. What happens to Salty and Ramirez's stalk. Are they better off trading for a better and more prototypical DH and 1b and some pitching. In other words they are the three headed monster of catching prospects. But if Salty and Ramirez end up at third are they all that amazing of prospects. Honestly, Texas would almost be foolish to keep ALL of them and do the C/1B/DH thing, though they certainly COULD and it more than likely would work, I mean, Salty becomes Texeira 2.0, Teagarden becomes a great C and Ramirez a great DH (GOD THE RANGERS ARE LUCKY!!!!) Yes, the players' value would drop if they did that though, and by a good bit BUT... catchers of this quality are hard to come by, and for a team in need of pitching (they're set in the OF and have 2 Cs left over if they trade one, plus Elvis Andrus coming up the pike and Kinsler and Young currently playing well, pitching is all they really need, trading one or even two of those catchers should catch that team up, theoretically, to where they need to be...
June 22, 200818 yr I guess a question to be asked if Texas decides to keep them all. Most likely Teagarden behind the plate with Ramirez or Salty switching up at 1b and Dh. What happens to Salty and Ramirez's stalk. Are they better off trading for a better and more prototypical DH and 1b and some pitching. In other words they are the three headed monster of catching prospects. But if Salty and Ramirez end up at third are they all that amazing of prospects. Honestly, Texas would almost be foolish to keep ALL of them and do the C/1B/DH thing, though they certainly COULD and it more than likely would work, I mean, Salty becomes Texeira 2.0, Teagarden becomes a great C and Ramirez a great DH (GOD THE RANGERS ARE LUCKY!!!!) Yes, the players' value would drop if they did that though, and by a good bit BUT... catchers of this quality are hard to come by, and for a team in need of pitching (they're set in the OF and have 2 Cs left over if they trade one, plus Elvis Andrus coming up the pike and Kinsler and Young currently playing well, pitching is all they really need, trading one or even two of those catchers should catch that team up, theoretically, to where they need to be... Exactly what I was thinking, we are on the same page tonight. :thumbup
June 22, 200818 yr So... brainstorm/pipe dream... I miss Mike Redmond... who's for starting a bake sale drive to raise the money for the FO to buy him from the Twins (and we can give them Rabelo too) Also, if we get Redmond, I think it'll force Glavine to retire, he'll be like "Im too old for this" .438/.471/.604 in 51 ABs vs him, and if the Phillies somehow acquire Sabathia, he's .500/.563/.577 in 26 ABs
June 22, 200818 yr So... brainstorm/pipe dream... I miss Mike Redmond... who's for starting a bake sale drive to raise the money for the FO to buy him from the Twins (and we can give them Rabelo too) Also, if we get Redmond, I think it'll force Glavine to retire, he'll be like "Im too old for this" .438/.471/.604 in 51 ABs vs him, and if the Phillies somehow acquire Sabathia, he's .500/.563/.577 in 26 ABs That would be kindof funny if our counter move to the Phillies getting Sabathia was Mike Redmond just so he could torture him in the minimal at-bats he would get against him...
June 22, 200818 yr So... brainstorm/pipe dream... I miss Mike Redmond... who's for starting a bake sale drive to raise the money for the FO to buy him from the Twins (and we can give them Rabelo too) Also, if we get Redmond, I think it'll force Glavine to retire, he'll be like "Im too old for this" .438/.471/.604 in 51 ABs vs him, and if the Phillies somehow acquire Sabathia, he's .500/.563/.577 in 26 ABs That would be kindof funny if our counter move to the Phillies getting Sabathia was Mike Redmond just so he could torture him in the minimal at-bats he would get against him... Considering he owns LHP in general... he could be our answer to MOYER!!!111one!111seven!1hatethisguy!!11
June 22, 200818 yr So... brainstorm/pipe dream... I miss Mike Redmond... who's for starting a bake sale drive to raise the money for the FO to buy him from the Twins (and we can give them Rabelo too) Also, if we get Redmond, I think it'll force Glavine to retire, he'll be like "Im too old for this" .438/.471/.604 in 51 ABs vs him, and if the Phillies somehow acquire Sabathia, he's .500/.563/.577 in 26 ABs That would be kindof funny if our counter move to the Phillies getting Sabathia was Mike Redmond just so he could torture him in the minimal at-bats he would get against him... Considering he owns LHP in general... he could be our answer to MOYER!!!111one!111seven!1hatethisguy!!11 Me and my buds are getting a Jamie moyer dart board for the 6 bedroom house we are getting, its going to take a beating...
June 22, 200818 yr I will reiterate the point I made in the Jayson Stark thread. I don't think it's realistic for us to trade for a catching prospect at the trade deadline. When was the last time a contender made a trade for a young, unproven player, with the hopes of him having an impact on the pennant race? It just doesn't happen. Teams go after proven, established players who can make an immediate impact. Plus, I imagine the Rangers would want to wait till the offseason to trade one of their catching prospects, so that they have plenty of opportunities (the rest of the season) to evaluate their play at the major league level. When the offseason comes around, I fully expect a deal for a young catcher, but not until then. We will most definitely trade for a veteran who can step in and immediately handle our pitching staff.
June 22, 200818 yr Any chance we can pry him away from Oakland at the deadline? He's been impressive in the first two games of the series and would probably be an upgrade over Treanor/Rabelo. I don't think it makes sense to come up with trade proposals unless there's an actual chance of it happening, but he's young and should attract the attention of the FO after this series. Would Oakland even be willing to give him up, or is he viewed as a valuable piece in their organization? Not to start speculating about trade proposals, but we could offer them a fair deal. Who would Oakland have doing their catching???
June 22, 200818 yr I will reiterate the point I made in the Jayson Stark thread. I don't think it's realistic for us to trade for a catching prospect at the trade deadline. When was the last time a contender made a trade for a young, unproven player, with the hopes of him having an impact on the pennant race? It just doesn't happen. Teams go after proven, established players who can make an immediate impact. Plus, I imagine the Rangers would want to wait till the offseason to trade one of their catching prospects, so that they have plenty of opportunities (the rest of the season) to evaluate their play at the major league level. When the offseason comes around, I fully expect a deal for a young catcher, but not until then. We will most definitely trade for a veteran who can step in and immediately handle our pitching staff. I personaly, was talking about a stop gap for the next four years until Skipworth is up.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.