Marlins Bullpen

Too many pieces missing to really make a difference in October...if there is one for us.

The catcher position is beyond pathetic...Rabelo, Treanor...Yeesh. Lacking offensively more than anything.

Not one dependable arm in the bullpen. I miss the Todd Jones of 2005...*sigh

Not one ace in the rotation...yet. Too many injuries and young inconsistant and unproven starters. I REALLY miss Josh Beckett... :whistle

Too many pieces missing to really make a difference in October...if there is one for us.

The catcher position is beyond pathetic...Rabelo, Treanor...Yeesh. Lacking offensively more than anything.

Not one ace in the rotation...yet. Too many injuries and young inconsistant and unproven starters. I REALLY miss Josh Beckett... :whistle

so are you saying we aren't gonna contend for the playoffs and make a run at the division? If you are thats ridicoulous. We can settle the catching postion and bullpen through trade, and we do have a ace and his name is Josh johnson who is set to return in the middle of july.

so are you saying we aren't gonna contend for the playoffs and make a run at the division? If you are thats ridicoulous. We can settle the catching postion and bullpen through trade, and we do have a ace and his name is Josh johnson who is set to return in the middle of july.

I'll say it because it's what I have been saying since before ST. The team is still too young. Too many mental errors on defense AND at the plate. Playoff teams do not lead MLB in errors. I doubt we do anything for the pen but it won't be because ownership is cheap. It's because this was the plan from the start. Get the guys some more experience, get our SPs healthy, and build on that for next year. Everybody knew this going into the season. Just because they are in contention in June dosen't make thm play off contenders. The WC will not come from the East and the Phillies will win this division this year. It makes no sense to go out and get some 1/2 year rental players and forfeit some of our minor league talent just to please a few fans this year. Patience people.

I agree with you.

There are too many holes to fill. Sure we may make the playoffs, if we're lucky but with the team we have now, plugging one or two holes won't make us go very far.

I have a feeling that the master plan is to have a fantastic team buy 2010 or 2011. By then Jacobs will be gone and Gaby Sanchez will play 1B. Coghlan will play 2B (or 3B if Uggla stays). Ramirez at SS, Raynor will be at LF, Maybin in CF and Hermida in RF. Skipworth will be the catcher. Pick our starters from these: Olsen, Johnson, Mitre, Sanchez, Tucker, Volstad, Miller, Nolasco, Thompson. Bullpen and bench: to be determined

When we have all these guys cooking, that is the time to go plug any hole there may exist....if you find one!

The defense was to blame for last night's loss. If Jacobs gets an out on the ground ball to him in the 8th, no runs score. If Willingham catches the fly ball that goes for a double in the ninth, again no runs score The defense makes our pitchers look a lot worse than they are.