Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7-2 postgame

Featured Replies

Well I was there...

a few gripes:

1) CAMPERS...annoying

2) CAMP GROUPS...why do they have to get there in the 4th inning?

3) RAIN. Our usher basically said YOU GUYS GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE and as we were running a sheet of rain just came down.

4) STADIUM...the concourses were flooding and water was going through the tunnel

5) CAMP GORUPS AGAIN...blocked the way for us

 

great game! Marlins won! I called it about an hour and a half before it happened: AMEZAGA HR! Who would have thought?

 

ALSO: NOTE TO FANS WHO WERE AT THE GAME. GO TO THE STADIUM STARTING TOMORROW TO REDEEM YOUR TICKET FOR A $1 TICKET TO A FUTURE SUNDAY-THURSDAY GAME!!!

I vote nolasco because we can't always rely on a late 2run HR.... we have to rely on strong pitching performances that will keep us in more ballgames (hence Nolasco over the past month or so)

You copied my poll! (just kidding)

 

I really don't know who to vote for...I'll think about it for a while.

 

For anyone who cares, here are the past winners of Fish of the Game:

 

6/4: Hanley Ramirez (86.05%)

6/7: Cody Ross (94.59%)

6/8: Hanley Ramirez (67.57%)

6/10: Ricky Nolasco (53.85%)

6/11: Jorge Cantu (45.16%)

6/12: Scott Olsen (100.00%)

6/13: Jeremy Hermida (30.77%)

6/15: Ricky Nolasco (97.83%)

6/16: Andrew Miller (100.00%)

6/30: Josh Willingham (58.14%)

I voted for Nolasco.

Pitching wins games consistently, and if Nolasco can keep pitching this way, we'll have a better chance down the stretch.

I voted for Amezaga although Nolasco did a great job and kept us in the game.

  • Author

You copied my poll! (just kidding)

 

I really don't know who to vote for...I'll think about it for a while.

 

For anyone who cares, here are the past winners of Fish of the Game:

 

6/4: Hanley Ramirez (86.05%)

6/7: Cody Ross (94.59%)

6/8: Hanley Ramirez (67.57%)

6/10: Ricky Nolasco (53.85%)

6/11: Jorge Cantu (45.16%)

6/12: Scott Olsen (100.00%)

6/13: Jeremy Hermida (30.77%)

6/15: Ricky Nolasco (97.83%)

6/16: Andrew Miller (100.00%)

6/30: Josh Willingham (58.14%)

yea I figured I'd merge it beforehand so I'd just tag it to mine. I can fix the choices if you have any in mind

I voted for Nolasco.

Pitching wins games consistently, and if Nolasco can keep pitching this way, we'll have a better chance down the stretch.

 

 

:thumbup :mischief

pitching wins games.. he settled down after the two runs and pitched a pretty good game overall.

Nolasco. He has been great for the last couple of months. Our best pitcher for sure right now. Hopefully he'll get into the ASG as picked by the coaches. He deserves it with the way he has pitched. Even the two runs that he gave up were because of a bloop double. Amezaga had a great game as well but like others have said we can't rely on the home run.

So I know everyone has their gripes with Gregg and how some of his saves may induce a heart-attack or two closing out games, but today he pitched a perfect ninth. Lets just hope Gregg can be more consistent and locate his pitches. Go Fish

So I know everyone has their gripes with Gregg and how some of his saves may induce a heart-attack or two closing out games, but today he pitched a perfect ninth. Lets just hope Gregg can be more consistent and locate his pitches. Go Fish

 

 

Gregg actually has one of the best ERAs and records on the team. He has been pitching real well lately. He had a few shaky games earlier in the season but as of late he has been pretty good (with the exception of the Oakland game).

You copied my poll! (just kidding)

 

I really don't know who to vote for...I'll think about it for a while.

 

For anyone who cares, here are the past winners of Fish of the Game:

 

6/4: Hanley Ramirez (86.05%)

6/7: Cody Ross (94.59%)

6/8: Hanley Ramirez (67.57%)

6/10: Ricky Nolasco (53.85%)

6/11: Jorge Cantu (45.16%)

6/12: Scott Olsen (100.00%)

6/13: Jeremy Hermida (30.77%)

6/15: Ricky Nolasco (97.83%)

6/16: Andrew Miller (100.00%)

6/30: Josh Willingham (58.14%)

yea I figured I'd merge it beforehand so I'd just tag it to mine. I can fix the choices if you have any in mind

 

No, there weren't many choices I can think of besides Alfredo or Ricky. I do think Andino and Helms played well, but I doubt they would win.

Nolasco pithed brilliant as usual but someone needed to step up and get a "BIG HIT" for the Marlins and Amezaga did that.

 

Amezaga gets my vote.

So I know everyone has their gripes with Gregg and how some of his saves may induce a heart-attack or two closing out games, but today he pitched a perfect ninth. Lets just hope Gregg can be more consistent and locate his pitches. Go Fish

 

 

Gregg actually has one of the best ERAs and records on the team. He has been pitching real well lately. He had a few shaky games earlier in the season but as of late he has been pretty good (with the exception of the Oakland game).

 

I was kinda harsh on Gregg for a while but I think he was just going through a normal slump, he is a good pitcher when hes on his game.

So I know everyone has their gripes with Gregg and how some of his saves may induce a heart-attack or two closing out games, but today he pitched a perfect ninth. Lets just hope Gregg can be more consistent and locate his pitches. Go Fish

 

 

he did pitch well, but he also got a lot of calls by the ump

 

at the very least there was boone who should have been a bb, but oh well, thems the breaks for themmmmmmmmm

The best part of Ricky's roll lately has been his control: 0 BBs, 8 Ks today. It's amazing how much that helps a pitcher. And those kind of numbers really stick out on a staff that generally has a poor BB/K ratio.

Gregg? Seriously?

 

if it weren't for amezaga, or cody, or more importantly, Nolasco... Gregg would have been a nonfactor in a Marlins loss.

Gregg? Seriously?

 

if it weren't for amezaga, or cody, or more importantly, Nolasco... Gregg would have been a nonfactor in a Marlins loss.

That's true, but in the same vein, if Gregg had blown the lead, Nolasco would have ended up with a No-Decision and the runs provided by Andino, Amezaga, and Helms would have been erased.

Gregg? Seriously?

 

if it weren't for amezaga, or cody, or more importantly, Nolasco... Gregg would have been a nonfactor in a Marlins loss.

That's true, but in the same vein, if Gregg had blown the lead, Nolasco would have ended up with a No-Decision and the runs provided by Andino, Amezaga, and Helms would have been erased.

Couldn't the same be said of Pinto though? (minus Helms' run)

Gregg? Seriously?

 

if it weren't for amezaga, or cody, or more importantly, Nolasco... Gregg would have been a nonfactor in a Marlins loss.

That's true, but in the same vein, if Gregg had blown the lead, Nolasco would have ended up with a No-Decision and the runs provided by Andino, Amezaga, and Helms would have been erased.

Couldn't the same be said of Pinto though? (minus Helms' run)

Sure it can. It can be said for any pitcher holds a lead. Or even for Cantu and Hanley who turned that 3-6-3 double play after Pinto walked the leadoff man.

 

I'm not saying Gregg should be the player of the game (I voted Amezaga, which is rare since I almost always vote for the pitcher), I'm just saying that in a game like this, many guys contributed and it should be said that one guy would be a non-factor without the other guys, because everyone is always a non-factor without the rest of his team. A pitcher can throw a no-hitter and still lose (hear that Angels) if his team doesn't support him. A guy have have 9 RBIs and the team lose if it's only him and the pitchers give up 10 runs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.